The truth about leaving queues in 2s?

Was talking to a friend about people lowering MMR to cap 2s, he said nothing happens, everyone does it.
    I am not that sure cause I read some topics on the bnet forums of people saying they got suspended/banned for this. Who knows if that was the only thing they were doing though...

I still rather not risk it, but when you think about it, that shouldn't be a problem at all since most people only use 2s for cap anyways.

Whats your opinion? Blizz should leave people cap 2s anyway they want or they should punish them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Was talking to a friend about people lowering MMR to cap 2s, he said nothing happens, everyone does it.
    I am not that sure cause I read some topics on the bnet forums of people saying they got suspended/banned for this. Who knows if that was the only thing they were doing though...

I still rather not risk it, but when you think about it, that shouldn't be a problem at all since most people only use 2s for cap anyways.

Whats your opinion? Blizz should leave people cap 2s anyway they want or they should punish them?
    MMR dumping in 2's is extremely common, and I actually endorse doing it for faster caps (it's not like anyone takes 2's seriously anyway.)

In terms of being banned; I think you may have confused MMR dumping with win-trading (which is bannable).

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that got suspended was because they abused the system: 2 friends would drop their mmr on an alt by not accepting the queue when it pops to artificially low ratings, and one high rated player would then play with them. A random example: so 2 alts would be at 600 mmr or so, 1 guy with 2300 mmr would then play with them and face like 1500 teams, and since the 2 alts at 600 mmr are played by 2300 players they have easy wins. The high mmr toon would get a good amount of cr points each win. It was a clear exploit and a some got banned. I have never encountered anyone who got banned for simply leaving the queue and drop mmr deliberately for say a weekly cap boost.

Reality is that leaving queues screws the whole system, where low rated players face players who are way too good for them. So it's basically exploiting the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get banned for dropping mmr

That sure explains the extreme differences in skill I encounter around 1550 rating. Some players play like proper 1550 rated people, others just completely trounce our team from out of left field with perfectly time bursts, interrupts and defensive cds.
    My 3d animation in World of Warcraft: https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterVertex

Ive noticed that the ratings in 2s a far lower than previous seasons because of everyone dropping rating for easy caps. I was around 1600 in previous seasons and now Im at 1250~
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

When I was first gearing up, I would run into full griv players all the time (last season) was pretty annoying. If anything they should match by ilvl not just MMR , or atleast if a team has a lesser MMR you get less Conquest points which we deter people from dropping rating to get faster caps

Keep in mind those who claim to get banned for 2s dropping usually did other things like exploit 3s, or pre 90 mmr abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I drop it all the time with how broken 2v2 atm is, especially if I play on some alts that aren't fully geared.
    Exactly. Play 2v2 at current MMR where every game is against an immortal healer/DPS team where you need to wait 10 minutes for dampening to hit 90% before being able kill someone, or deliberately lose 10 games in a row then face backpedalling double rogue teams that both use blind at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Exactly. Play 2v2 at current MMR where every game is against an immortal healer/DPS team where you need to wait 10 minutes for dampening to hit 90% before being able kill someone, or deliberately lose 10 games in a row then face backpedalling double rogue teams that both use blind at the same time.
    This x100

Especially gearing up alts later in the season, on my Monk I can easily 1v2 1200-1400 teams, so a friend with 350k health and all greens can get his cap pretty fast if we tank down for it. If we had to fight 1500+ teams it would take significantly longer. And trying to just cap takes forever at a high rating as well.

Honestly, at this point, if you aren't leaving queues then it's probably faster to just cap in 3s. I'd rather win my 15 games in 3s to cap over trying to win 15 games of 2v2, since 3v3 games end in like 5 minutes usually while 2s games last 15 minutes. Real 2s are pretty damn painful since it's always healer/DPS mirrors at high ratings since nothing else works, and really nobody wants to sit through that heh.