stop cast macro for BLM?

Hi wondering if anyone can help me. I just got BLM to 44 where I get the firestarter trait and my first dungeon trying it out I realized that the proc takes awhile to actually proc so waiting to see if it procs I lose valuable time waiting. Since it doesn't stack I can possibly lose procs while waiting for fire1 to finish casting before consuming the proc. Does anybody have any insight for this or maybe if there is a macro I put on fire3 so if I'm in mid fire1 cast and firestarter procs that it will cancel cast of fire1 and cast fire3?

I don't know of a stop cast macro but I haven't found the need to use one. From my not so scientific 10min at dummy, I found that my dps is higher if I just never cancel cast and allow firestarter to double proc.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

It's more dps to just truck through casts. However, /actioncancel will toggle the ability to clip casts.

source: http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Macro
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

not sure im still fairly new to the game and thought wasting a free 220 potency plus the increased dmg from having 3 stacks of umbral fire would be a loss of dps wasting procs

http://ffxiv-app.com/

Get the dps meter and play around with dummies if you are interested in maximizing your dps. No guess work then.

EDIT: The dummy place I go to is Summerford Farms at Middle La Noscea. You can teleport over and dummies are only a few step away.
    Last edited by wow2011; 2014-03-18 at 02:05 PM.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    not sure im still fairly new to the game and thought wasting a free 220 potency plus the increased dmg from having 3 stacks of umbral fire would be a loss of dps wasting procs
    It does seem that way, but with how the GCD works in this game, you're better off finishing the cast. Why? Here's a breakdown:

1) You cast Fire. 2.5s
    2) Your cast completes, and you cast a second Fire. 2.5s
    3) Your first Fire makes contact with your target, Firestarter procs.
    4) You're STILL mid-cast through Fire, we'll assume with distance and reaction time, 2 seconds have gone by.
    5) You clip the cast, and wait out the remaining GCD, then cast Fire III. 2.5s.
    6) You lost a full GCD that you were already 2s invested in, losing the dps from the fire cast.

Firestarter is a great proc and deals a lot of damage, but you want every GCD to be something that generates damage. Losing a GCD will hurt your dps more than double proc'ing Firestarter.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    by the time Fire1 hits the target and procs firestarter
    you are already half through the next cast of fire1

you lose damage clipping it, let that fire1 cast finish then use proc.
    (mainly because of the global cooldown i guess) and the proc can't even happen until the fireball does damage(it has to travel through air right?)
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-06-20 at 10:25 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.