Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm a balance druid and I have a lot of spells, but even my feral abilities have keybinds. Just be smart with binding.
    - You can use WASD for binding with shift, crtl or alt. For example my Rejuvenation is shift+S and my Remove Corruption is ctrl+W. I can still move perfectly with WASD since left mouse button + right mouse button = running like you were using W.When I hit my Remove Curse I automatically switch to double mouse click.
    - Alt button feels unconfortable for most of the combinations, but there is a free program called sharp keys that can switch buttons on your keyboard. I switched Caps Lock with Left Alt. Now its quite usable with everything.
    - I turn with mouse so I don't need keyboard turning. A and D is set to strafe instead of Q and E.

My list that is confortable to push:
    0, 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, R, T, F, Y, X, C, V
    With shift: 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, W, E, R, A, S, D, F, X, C
    With alt: 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, W, E, R, A, S, D, F
    With ctrl: Q, E, R, A, S, D, F, X, C
    And since I have hungarian keyboard I have short left shift and one extra button there: Í and I also use it as shift Í. 51 bind with Í, or 49 if you have english keyboard.
    Have a mouse with 2 extra side buttons. It gives you a lot of extra possibilities. Middle button, Side button 1, Side button 2, all these can be combined with all 3 modifies or used alone. 12 bind on mouse alone.

Of course I don't use all of these. But if necessary, even without Í it would be enough for 61 abilities. No class has that much active abilities counting in trinkets, health stone, potion, etc..

Deleted
    Let's see, my keybinds on my huntard:

~. Stampede
    1. Arcane Shot
    2. Cobra Shot
    3. Serpent Sting
    4. aMoC/Dire Beast (depeding on talent choice)

Shift-1. Ice Trap
    Shift-2. Snake Trap
    Shift-3. Explosive Trap
    Shift-4. Freezing Trap

Q - Kill Command/Explosive Shot
    E - Glaive Toss/Barrage
    Z - Rapid Fire
    X - Scatter Shot
    C - Multi-Shot
    V - Bestial Wrath/Black Arrow
    F - Mend Pet
    G - Pet attack

Shift-Q - Summon most used pet
    Shift-E - Dismiss Pet

Ctrl-Q - Camouflage
    Ctrl-E - healthstones

Shift-Spacebar - Disengage
    Ctrl-Spacebar - Feign Death

M3 (middle mouse button) - Kill Shot
    Ctrl-M3 - Deterrence
    Shift-M3 - cancelaura HoP+Deterrence
    Alt-M3 - Master's Call

Shift-mousewheel down - Aspect of the Cheetah
    Shift-mousewheel up - Aspect of the (Iron) Hawk
    Ctrl-mousewheen down - Aspect of the Pack

Razer Naga buttons:
    01. Binding Shot/Wyvern Sting/Intimidation
    02. Silencing Shot
    03. Tranquilizing Shot
    04. Widow Venom
    05. Flare
    06. Distracting Shot
    07. Virmin's Bite
    08. Misdirection mouseover macro
    10. Mount 1 (gathering)
    11. Mount 2 (walking)
    12. Mount 3 (flying)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I admit that I'm kinda surprised to see so few people that bind their pet commands. Personally, as BM i am frequently micromanaging him and find the button binds invaluable. If there is anything, literally anything that i might want to click at some point in a fight, it receives a button bind.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-03-24 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Spellsing.

Deleted
    For fire:

1 - Fireball
    2 - Pyroblast
    3 - Scorch
    4 - Mage Bomb
    5 - Gift of the Naaru
    6 - Cone of Cold
    7 - Frost Nova
    F1 - Combustion
    F2 - Inferno Blast
    F3 - Mirror Image
    F5 - Time Warp
    R - Ice Barrier / Temporal Shield
    F - Ice Block
    (Razer Naga Buttons now)
    1 - Blink
    2 - Presence of Mind
    3 - Evocation
    4 - Alter Time Macro
    5 - Arcane Explosion
    6 - Ring of Frost
    7 - Potion
    8 - Mana Gem
    '-' - Mark with Skull
    0 - Health Stone

Alt+1 - Conjure Food
    Alt+2 - Conjure Mana Gem
    Alt+3 - Counterspell
    Alt+4 (Dangerous) - Polymorph

There are probably more, can't remember off of the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixidron View Post
    For fire:

1 - Fireball
    2 - Pyroblast
    3 - Scorch
    4 - Mage Bomb
    5 - Gift of the Naaru
    6 - Cone of Cold
    7 - Frost Nova
    F1 - Combustion
    F2 - Inferno Blast
    F3 - Mirror Image
    F5 - Time Warp
    R - Ice Barrier / Temporal Shield
    F - Ice Block
    (Razer Naga Buttons now)
    1 - Blink
    2 - Presence of Mind
    3 - Evocation
    4 - Alter Time Macro
    5 - Arcane Explosion
    6 - Ring of Frost
    7 - Potion
    8 - Mana Gem
    '-' - Mark with Skull
    0 - Health Stone

Alt+1 - Conjure Food
    Alt+2 - Conjure Mana Gem
    Alt+3 - Counterspell
    Alt+4 (Dangerous) - Polymorph

There are probably more, can't remember off of the top of my head.
    Dis be hunter forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I admit that I'm kinda surprised to see so few people that bind their pet commands. Personally, as BM i am frequently micromanaging him and find the button binds invaluable. If there is anything, literally anything that i might want to click at some point in a fight, it receives a button bind.
    I leave my pet binds as default Ctrl1-3 for the basic control. Many other people likely do the same but fail to mention (like I did).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    I play WASD, so I have 12 keybinds to use:
    There's your 13th.

Use modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Alt).

Don't forget the key to the left of "1".

F1 to 4 can be used for situational things like Dismiss Pet.

What's so hard about this? There's shift, ctrl and alt key mods as well.

My setup:
    1. Glaive
    2. Sting
    3. Black arrow
    4. Explosive
    5. Cobra
    6. Arcane
    G. Kill
    E. Explosive trap
    Q. Dire beast
    Shift1. Trap launcher toggle
    Shift+2. Tranq
    Shift3. Deter
    Shift4. Feign
    V. Interrupt
    Alt1. Rapid fire
    Alt2. Crow
    Alt3. Stampede
    Z. Misdirect
    Shift to: pet attack
    CtrlF: hunters mark

Just use common sense and use shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I leave my pet binds as default Ctrl1-3 for the basic control. Many other people likely do the same but fail to mention (like I did).
    To be honest, I've been running my custom UIs for so long i had completely forgotten that they are bound by default. I don't even know what the games actual UI is capable of nowadays.

ESDF master race.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a normal mouse you can already bind 6 things with the scrolls, press middle and the same with shift on... 2 lateral buttons and you're at 10.
    If you can use both ctrl and shift then... Well... 15 binds with the mouse alone...

Anyway, RTFGXCVBN are very easy to tap using 2 fingers only (yes, use your fucking thumb) and then you'll still have from ' to 5 or 6 depending on the size of your hand.

And you easily shift everything. Around 50 easily keybindings without using neither ctrl or alt...

Quote Originally Posted by alkurimm View Post
    What's so hard about this? There's shift, ctrl and alt key mods as well. [snip] Just use common sense and use shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers.
    The problem is that I am a klutz. If I were a Dungeons and Dragons character I would have a Dex score of 3. Every time I try to use Shift-Alt-Ctrl and then another key I get the WoW equivalent of a D&D Critical Miss and my Hunter does some dance emote and dies horribly.

I honestly do not know how you youngsters can use your pinkies and thumbs to quickly and efficiently hit modified keys while still strafing, running, and moving. I pretty much have to stop, look at my keyboard, press ALT, contort my hand, stretch to the E, and then either pop a brain aneurysm or watch my own pet eat my Hunter in frustration and embarrassment.

I think I just need to develop muscle memory. I am going to bind Shift-E, Shift-F, and Shift-C for now and try that out. Those seem to be easiest for my hand. Maybe in a year or two I'll get the hang of it.

Thanks again to everyone - this has been an awesome discussion. I did not know forums could be polite and helpful in 2014. Miracles never cease

Deleted
    I think I just need to develop muscle memory. I am going to bind Shift-E, Shift-F, and Shift-C for now and try that out. Those seem to be easiest for my hand. Maybe in a year or two I'll get the hang of it.
    This is precisely the right approach. It's like martial arts. You learn new moves one by one. You use 3-4 new keybinds 1000 times and you have it in muscle memory, then you learn your next 3-4 binds and so you progress til you are in control of 80+ bindings. You can practice this not only in wow but all games and even at your workplace. Using binds with photoshop /programming made me much faster and it benefited back to gaming by getting used to more obscure bindings.

When you're done you wont even think about keybinds, you just think i want scatter-trap on focus 2 and the hand moves without thought.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-03-25 at 02:35 PM.

get comftorable using key modifiers (shift ctrl alt)

personally I use shift and I use it with 1-5, e,r,t,q. shift just seemes the easiest for me to use and I'm used to it now anyways, also naga helps a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    ESDF master race.
    I've tried this a few times, and it just never works. Which isn't intuitive, especially as a touch-typist - those are the homerow keys! How could it not work?! But I find that it puts the ctrl and alt keys uncomfortably out of reach without moving the hand off the homerow (making casting while moving a pain - not good for hunters!), whereas with WASD that isn't necessary. It also might simply be something that is too heavily ingrained, having used WSAD since we all discovered circle-strafing in DOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    I've tried this a few times, and it just never works. Which isn't intuitive, especially as a touch-typist - those are the homerow keys! How could it not work?! But I find that it puts the ctrl and alt keys uncomfortably out of reach without moving the hand off the homerow (making casting while moving a pain - not good for hunters!), whereas with WASD that isn't necessary. It also might simply be something that is too heavily ingrained, having used WSAD since we all discovered circle-strafing in DOOM.
    makes modifier keys harder to reach and only gives you a few more keys.

Imo esdf isn't as good as some people like to think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that I am a klutz. If I were a Dungeons and Dragons character I would have a Dex score of 3. Every time I try to use Shift-Alt-Ctrl and then another key I get the WoW equivalent of a D&D Critical Miss and my Hunter does some dance emote and dies horribly.

I honestly do not know how you youngsters can use your pinkies and thumbs to quickly and efficiently hit modified keys while still strafing, running, and moving. I pretty much have to stop, look at my keyboard, press ALT, contort my hand, stretch to the E, and then either pop a brain aneurysm or watch my own pet eat my Hunter in frustration and embarrassment.

Thanks again to everyone - this has been an awesome discussion. I did not know forums could be polite and helpful in 2014. Miracles never cease
    I play the cello so my left hand is used to moving about on it's own

I am surprised, I think I havent seen anyone in this thread using the mouse thumb buttons as shift/control/alt modifiers.

Many years ago, during vanilla, I came up with the idea of using ESDF to have more keybinds close to my movement keys, so I rebound the 1st bar buttons to 123456 AQW RTG. Actually, it was not my own idea, but it came from a clanmate from another game, a FPS, who always said how much he loved using ESDF for the extra buttons around AND the bump on the F key that helped him notice if his hand was in the right position by tactile feel alone, reducing the chances of mistakes without the need of looking at the keyboard. In a fast paced game, looking at your keyboard for a split second might often be the difference between life and death.

Unfortunately, even back then 12 abilites werent nearly enough, so I decided to use my mouse thumb butons (by default the typical back and forward for browsing) as shift and control modifiers. So my 2nd bar is Shift (mouse thumb button back) + 123456 AQW RTG and my third bar uses the mouse thumb button forward as control modifier.

This way I have 36 abilities at my fingertips without the need of twisting my fingers, lifting my hands from their default keyboard/mouse position or looking at the keyboard: Its all about improving reaction times, and it certainly helped surviving stuff/increasing performance. It is also a lazy man's dream, minimal movement with maximum performance... And if there is something I truly am, that is LAZY.

These days, with modern mices, its common to find more than 2 thumb buttons (my logitech g602 has 6) so I could easily add yet another bar using the alt modifier... But I cant be bothered, 36 abilites are more than enough for the classes I play. I dont mind displaying an extra bar and manually clicking it for things that get used while not in combat, or abilities whose reaction time is not crucial while fighting.

Shift q e r t f g

Shift to 12345, easy to macro with your pinky as the clicker

1 - AS
    2 - CS
    3 - SS
    4 - KC
    5 - Multi Shot
    Q - Focus Fire
    E - Disengage
    T - Fervor/DB
    F - Killshot
    B - Dash (pet)
    ` - Hunter's Mark
    Shift 1 - Deterrence
    Shift 2 - Glaive
    Shift 3 - Countershot
    Shift 4 - Det cancel macro
    Shift 5 - Healthstone
    Shift Q - Worgen Speed
    Shift E - Rocket Boots
    Shift T - Rapid Fire
    Shift F - Gloves
    Shift G - BW
    Shift C - Potion
    Shift R - Rabid
    Shift x - Pet ability (hero etc.)
    Shift ` - Frost Trap
    Control 1 - Ice Trap
    Control 2 - MD
    Control 3 - Revive Pet
    Control 4 - Flare
    Control 5 - Dismiss Pet
    Control Q - Tranq
    Control E - Summon pet
    Control R - Glider
    Control X - Feign
    Control C - Binding Shot
    Control F - Stampede
    F1 - Widow Venom
    F2 - Camo
    Mouse Wheel up - Pet attack
    Mouse Wheel down - Pet Follow + assist
    Mouse button 1 - Masters call
    Mouse Button 2 - Concussive
    Mouse Button 3 - Auto max zoom macro
    Mouse Button 4 - Push to talk

I have F1 to F12 bound on my Naga, so yeah.

F1 - Crusader Strike
    F2 - Judgment
    F3 - Templar's Verdict
    F4 - Hammer of the Righteous
    F5 - Divine Storm
    F6 - Exorcism
    F7 - Word of Glory
    F8 - Guardian of Ancient Kings
    F9 - Inquisition
    F10 - Hammer of Wrath
    F11 - Avenging Wrath/Synapse Springs/Potion of Mogu Power Macro.
    F12 - Rebuke

Shift + F1 - CC Breaker (For PVP)
    Shift + F2 - Execution Sentence
    Shift + F3 - Devotion Aura
    Shift + F4 - Speed of Light
    Shift + F5 - Kork'ron War Wolf
    Shift + F6 - Blessing of Kings
    Shift + F7 - Red Wind Rider
    Shift + F8 - Flash of Light
    Shift + F9 - Blessing of Might
    Shift + F10 - Healthstone
    Shift + F11 - Emancipate
    Shift + F12 - Lay on Hands

1 - Hand of Protection
    2 - Hand of Sacrifice
    3 - Hand of Freedom
    4 - Hand of Salvation
    5 - Life Spirit
    6 - Water Spirit (?)
    7 - Flask of Winter's Bite
    8 - Disenchant
    9 - Pandaren Noodle Soup
    10 - Bag of Enigma Seeds
    11 - Crystal of Insanity
    12 - Book of the Ages

Shift + 1 - Focus Hand of Protection
    Shift + 2 - Focus Hand of Sacrifice
    Shift + 3 - Focus Hand of Freedom

Q - Arcane Torrent
    E - Fist of Justice
    R - Turn Evil
    T - Cleanse
    F - Synapse Springs
    G - Blinding Light
    Z - Divine Shield
    X - Divine Protection
    C - Seal of Truth
    V - Seal of Righteousness
    B - Redemption

Shift + T - Focus Cleanse

Bored, so I made a Paladin one for myself to see in the future.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2014-03-31 at 08:09 AM.