Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah LS smuggler is one of the few Pub heroes that still feels like a cool, interesting character. They're a nice guy, but still awesome and interesting.

LS JK / Consular / Trooper is just zZzzzZzzzzz. Although, if you want a stock superhero, JK delivers. If you want to be the nicest, calmest, most meditative monk ever, Consular delivers. If you want to a loyal, heroic soldier "Sir yes sir"-ing your way to victory over the Bad Guys™, Trooper delivers.

So it is partially a matter of goals and expectations and your personality.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep yep. As many people have commented since the game was released, the story is very much moulded around a Han Solo type of character.

On the surface, you can act all "Show me the money!", but when it comes to the crunch, you are loyal to the cause and you Do The Right Thing. You can back-chat Jedi Masters and Republic Senators. Swagger into a showdown, odds stacked heavily against you, have things turn to custard very quickly, but then somehow manage to pull off a victory through some bizarre luck and seat-of-your-pants heroics.

If you want a fun Light Side, Ranged, Republic, story, then you can't look past the Gunslinger, in my opinion. Hope you have fun, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Agent is perhaps more realistic in its outcome, but builds to a darker and more sobering finale that leaves you wondering if you really "won" anything at all.
    You know there's like 3 different endings for the Agent, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You know there's like 3 different endings for the Agent, right?
    More than 3 depending on how many minor variations you accept as a separate ending since both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 decisions will alter numerous scenes in SPOILER PLACE, but none of them change what I said.

Even the brightest Agent ending is extremely dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    More than 3 depending on how many minor variations you accept as a separate ending since both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 decisions will alter numerous scenes in SPOILER PLACE, but none of them change what I said.

Even the brightest Agent ending is extremely dark.
    Yep, the absolute best ending for the Agent can be best described as "Bittersweet". You don't get a happy ending with rainbows and cheers and a "live happily ever after".

Which only makes me recommend the agent story all the more. its far more complex, far more suspensful, with far more plot twists, and more believable characters, and with a bigger threat down the line than any other story. Your character also gets great lines that aren't "ohh lookit me, I'm a boring stiff captain america" or "BLOOD AND DEATH AND KILL AND RABBIT ENTRAILS!!!!!!!!!!"

Its almost like a weird mixture of Tom Clancy and the TV Show "24" mixed with some James Bond, and set in space. And its awesome. By far my favorite story so far.
    Last edited by Derah; 2014-03-24 at 03:50 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Impressions on the 2 classes I played:

The only toon I finished up was a Jedi Consular and I have to say that it felt pretty epic.

There are many moments you feel like you are indeed special and are making a difference in the Jedi / Sith on-going war. And that comes from both political influence and mystic powers. That means you take action in both the battlefront and in the backstage. High-level and low-level decisions will come to pass and require your attention.

Although not having finished my Smuggler toon I have taken it to about level 20 and from what I could gather from that the whole storyline can be summed up by this: "Lol" (as in Laughing out loud).

There's lots of laughs, if you find the whole han-solo-pseudo-white-knight-bounty-hunter style amusing you will not be dissapointed. Well, at least not while going that far (level 20) I mean.

The dialogs are a complete display of a brilliant and mildly sarcastic (at times) sense of humour. And you often have the chance to show that mercenaries are allowed to have a good heart in the end while sounding like arrogant freelancers at first. Again, decisions are up to you, but the opportunity is there and it feels nice to the player (did to me at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've finished only LS Trooper so I cannot really compare it to anything. But Trooper felt super-generic and boring. The prologue on Ord Mantell was enjoyable: you start as a basically some decent soldier and start working in a spec ops group where everyone at first looks down to you, but then you gradually do more and more challenging tasks and end up basically leading the squad.
    But everything beyond Ord Mantell was super boring. Generic tasks from your commander: "Hunt down Imperials here", "Rescue our group of soldiers there"... I found the first chapter to be more or less interesting, with hunting down the traitors. The second was quite boring, and the third was a totally uninspired snoozefest: some generic bad guy waging a war against the Republic that needs to be taken down...

So, my opinion is this: Trooper is the most generic story you can ever imagine. It is not bad, it is not good, it is just... generic. You probably have seen a lot of stories like this already, and this one may bore you to tears. Also, companions are very generic, too, Elara Dorne is a bit better, but others I don't even recall the names of mostly.

It was still a good change from all these "the strongest Jedi ever, the savior of the Galaxy!" experiences, like in KotoR series. It was just... as generic as a Star Wars story can get.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    stories are hit and miss with people.

i actually like the consular story, and imo all the force user classes are much more interesting to me than the non force users. i feel like everyone praises the Agent story way too much. in fact when i was in closed beta i actively stayed away from the class because i wanted to experience it post launch after all the good things i heard about it. dont get me wrong its good but i was a little let down i guess.

i just finished the trooper for the first time and i gotta say its probably the biggest let down out of all of them. still decent, but one i probably wouldnt play again.

i supposed if i had to rank them itd go something like this

1) warrior
    2) knight
    3) inquisitor
    4) consular
    5) smuggler
    6) bounty hunter
    7) agent
    8) trooper

again, like i said, im much much more partial to the force user story lines but i like them all really

Deleted
    IMHO the smuggler story is the worst in the game - by a long way.
    It really did bore me stupid!
    I've enjoyed all of the other stories to different degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    IMHO the smuggler story is the worst in the game - by a long way.
    It really did bore me stupid!
    I've enjoyed all of the other stories to different degrees.
    My opinion is completely opposite. Honest and not trolling. I suppose it just says something about opinions.