Thread: Made in China

Made in China

I had a conversation the other day in which the following argument was proposed.

Stickers that say made in China are common on many goods that are sold in the United States.
    A majority of the population have at least one item in each room of their home that has a sticker with the 'Made in China' sticker on it.

The manufacturing of these stickers could be designed in a way that enabled the materials to be manipulated in various ways.
    The design must be unnoticeable to scrutiny without tools or special knowledge
    The manufacturing of said stickers would be of the highest possible security classification

Various manipulations could be defined as: Anything beyond the statement that the item in mention was indeed manufactured in China.
    A manipulation that allowed the sticker to intentionally conduct an excessive amount of heat, excessive to the point of accelerating combustion - flashpoint - , would be defined as such.
    Why would a sticker be designed to do anything other

"The NSA could make them in Montana and just slap them on anything they want. These little stickers are made of something but you'll never know it. It's all top secret. If you have enough of them creating a grid throughout your house they can spy on you and even blow them up on command. Make sure to scrape them off and toss them in the trash."

Mmmmm'kay.

Well we do know what they are made of. The ones my company uses are a 3M 7776 White Label-Lyte (Polypropylene Thermal Transfer Film) approximately 0.0026" thick, with a 310 Acrylic Adhesive approximately 0.0008" thick and printed on with Digital HP Electroink.

But yeh conspiracies

... growled Alex Jones into the microphone that is the LIFEBEAT OF THE NATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    fuck the wat did I just read?
    Yeah....I hope there's something magical I'm missing.
    Is it a paranoia test? Gotta have a certain amount of paranoia to understand it? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with buying cheap Chinese crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I have nothing to worry half of my crap says made in taiwan and bangladesh ^-^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Brb I need to pop over tescos to buy some tin foil....

What if the tinfoil packaging has a made in china sticker.. Ngoh my god...
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a no conspiracy bullshit rule on the forum?

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half life three, four, and five is confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed here.