View Poll Results: You would be / are more excited for...

Voters
97. This poll is closed
  • Elder Scrolls Online - "as is"

20 20.62%
  • Elder Scrolls VI stand-alone (no multiplayer)

62 63.92%
  • Elder Scrolls VI + Warfront/Arena PvP Queue

13 13.40%
  • no opinion

2 2.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Co-op is what players have been asking for years. Not an MMO.

Deleted
    I'm very glad we don't actually have to choose, and that the single player schedule is not being disrupted by the making of the online game. I think that a lot of people who are vocally negative about the online game don't realise that their single player has not been impacted - people are often angry about not getting the product they wanted (Skyrim 6), because they didn't take the time to research whether the timeline for Skyrim 6 has been changed because of ESO (and it hasn't, mostly due to the fact that the developers are different).

That being said, in a purely hypothetical world, if I had to choose, I'd be one of the minority choosing MMO over single player. I would go MMO > Single Player > Co-Op right now. I am really happy with my ESO guild and the group of people I will be playing with, that is 50+ people large and I'm looking for an MMO at the moment. I also prefer - in theory - the subscription model, if done correctly (ie. if there isn't also an extensive cash shop, if there isn't any element of pay 2 win, if there are timely and significant update patches). I know I'm in the minority in preferring ESO to Skyrim 6 but there we have it, it's exactly what I wanted at precisely the right time for me - and I have the right group of people to play it with.

I'm still looking forward to ES6 and it'll be a must-buy for me, but there was always going to be a few years wait for that. I don't personally want ES6 to be co-op, I want it to be single player as per Skyrim, with a full and active modding community. I don't really have any specific people that close to me that in a limited co-op setting I would play with regularly. If you commit yourself to a co-op game with a friend, you need to both be online at the same time, playing through the same content. I prefer the MMO setting since I can have a large group of friends who I interact with sporadically as suits all our timetables whilst I go off and do my thing at the same time.

I would want a singleplayer game in Elder Scrolls: VI, because that's what I expect and like from that particular game series - It's what made me enjoy it in the first place.

It feels like everyone is trying to join the MMO market these days, with most only being semi-successful, instead of sticking to what they're good at and renowned for.

Deleted
    Good luck waiting for ES6

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Skyrim with co op would be amazing.
    ye this, and maybe arena with friends like a brawl system not a huge pvp cocnept
    however TES is also a huge apportunity for modding so it's going to conflict alot with pvp system

I would also like to play TESO, not coz of MMO componet, but for zones to explore, to see other province, but stupid price for that is overrated and kicking me away
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-03-18 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. I like the idea of running both an MMO and a single player game.
    Aye mate

I would definitely prefer a co-op option in either Skyrim or the next ES.

DEFINITELY new Elder Scrolls. Hands down.

Deleted
    I don't mind multiplayer games, I like people, but I'd rather want the stand alone singleplayer, Elder Scrolls to me has always been about being immersed in a world, having Xx360NoScope#Yoloswag420fuckbitchesgetmoneyxX jumping around being the Dragonborn and shit detracts from that experience I feel, I'll play ESO but I'll play it on my own like any other Elder Scrolls game. If I want a multiplayer game I'll play WoW or League.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm very glad we don't actually have to choose, and that the single player schedule is not being disrupted by the making of the online game. I think that a lot of people who are vocally negative about the online game don't realise that their single player has not been impacted - people are often angry about not getting the product they wanted (Skyrim 6), because they didn't take the time to research whether the timeline for Skyrim 6 has been changed because of ESO (and it hasn't, mostly due to the fact that the developers are different).

That being said, in a purely hypothetical world, if I had to choose, I'd be one of the minority choosing MMO over single player. I would go MMO > Single Player > Co-Op right now. I am really happy with my ESO guild and the group of people I will be playing with, that is 50+ people large and I'm looking for an MMO at the moment. I also prefer - in theory - the subscription model, if done correctly (ie. if there isn't also an extensive cash shop, if there isn't any element of pay 2 win, if there are timely and significant update patches). I know I'm in the minority in preferring ESO to Skyrim 6 but there we have it, it's exactly what I wanted at precisely the right time for me - and I have the right group of people to play it with.

I'm still looking forward to ES6 and it'll be a must-buy for me, but there was always going to be a few years wait for that. I don't personally want ES6 to be co-op, I want it to be single player as per Skyrim, with a full and active modding community. I don't really have any specific people that close to me that in a limited co-op setting I would play with regularly. If you commit yourself to a co-op game with a friend, you need to both be online at the same time, playing through the same content. I prefer the MMO setting since I can have a large group of friends who I interact with sporadically as suits all our timetables whilst I go off and do my thing at the same time.
    Amen to that.

Deleted
    ESO VI standalone now and for ALL ETERNITY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think the co-op thing may have been difficult to implement, but it would have been cool.

As much as I love ESO, TESVI for sure. I spent 2k Euros just so I can play Skyrim with the mods I wanted.

Elder Scrolls 6, no doubt. Epic single player games is what the franchise is all about for me, at least used to be for many years. Bethesda wanting a piece of the MMO pie is skating on thin ice, they really had a good thing going. I'm a difficult costumer but they had my respect, all I can say is lets wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Elder Scrolls 6, no doubt. Epic single player games is what the franchise is all about for me, at least used to be for many years. Bethesda wanting a piece of the MMO pie is skating on thin ice, they really had a good thing going. I'm a difficult costumer but they had my respect, all I can say is lets wait and see.
    It's really important that people realise that Bethesda is not making ESO. ESO is made by Zenimax Online. Zenimax Online and Bethesda are both owned by the same parent company, Zenimax Media but are different developing studios. ESO has used some of the assets (employees) from the previous Elder Scrolls teams - but primarily in the direction of lore and music, not the developers themselves. The developers have more in common with Dark Ages of Camelot than they do Skyrim.

Bethesda does not want a piece of the MMO pie, they had nothing to do with it. They are still working on the same schedule as previous to ESO.

Interestingly - I wonder how many more boxes this would have ticked for people if they DID design in a completely standalone version of ESO with access to multiplayer dungeons/pvp, (I've not read so it's probably been said). Just have it housed on a local machine with other bits of the world on servers.

I'm sure they could even charge a bit for the servers and have at least revenue that way. Hell, there's even time for them to plumb it into ESO, post launch "single player campaign with multiplayer dungeons".

Either way, I think elder scrolls 4 will be kinda awesome if Bethesda get to use some of their sister companies tech to plug in a basic multiplayer version of it with some online portal if they felt like it. It's kinda what a LOT of people wanted - multiplayer skyrim ESO ticks some of these boxes but it unticks quite a few with some folks too.

Last point of course is, as and when someone gets the sauce for the megaserver there will be the usual "community" servers. I genuinely don't support it (my only crime is to have looked at one that's still running UO a couple of years ago) but it's another source of interested ppls. Blizz don't seem to have totally gone guns blazing crazy at all of the wow ones unless they started to take the piss.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-03-19 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Bethesda is busy with Fallout 4 I bet, and will make TES VI after.
    why don't people get it, ESO wasn't made on TES VI expense

10+ Year Old Account
    New singleplayer TES please.

Singleplayer Elder Scrolls VI with additional 2-4 Co-op is what I want.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-03-19 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's really important that people realise that Bethesda is not making ESO. ESO is made by Zenimax Online. Zenimax Online and Bethesda are both owned by the same parent company, Zenimax Media but are different developing studios. ESO has used some of the assets (employees) from the previous Elder Scrolls teams - but primarily in the direction of lore and music, not the developers themselves. The developers have more in common with Dark Ages of Camelot than they do Skyrim.

Bethesda does not want a piece of the MMO pie, they had nothing to do with it. They are still working on the same schedule as previous to ESO.
    Yeah ok whatever, lets just wait see where the franchise ends up in a couple of years.