Annoying FPS problem

Ok so I have built many gaming rigs and I have never had such a frustrating time with one as I have with this most recent one I built. It has horrible FPS in some games that don't require anything at all to run them yet has amazing FPS in games that are graphics heavy. Example, 100+ FPS in Skyrim on ultra with all the HD mods I could use. Yet 40-60 FPS in WoW.... I don't get it. What the hell is the problem? I just can't figure it out.

Windows 7 HP 64bit
    GPU - GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    CPU - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.0GHz
    Memory - 8g
    Using Directx 11

All of my drivers are up to date and everything is optimized and nothing is even close to overheating.... So I'm at a loss here. Maybe my ram is bottle necking my performance?

Also I played ESO over the weekend with an average of 80-90 fps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Ok so I have built many gaming rigs and I have never had such a frustrating time with one as I have with this most recent one I built. It has horrible FPS in some games that don't require anything at all to run them yet has amazing FPS in games that are graphics heavy. Example, 100+ FPS in Skyrim on ultra with all the HD mods I could use. Yet 40-60 FPS in WoW.... I don't get it. What the hell is the problem? I just can't figure it out.

Windows 7 HP 64bit
    GPU - GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    CPU - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.0GHz
    Memory - 8g
    Using Directx 11

All of my drivers are up to date and everything is optimized and nothing is even close to overheating.... So I'm at a loss here. Maybe my ram is bottle necking my performance?

Also I played ESO over the weekend with an average of 80-90 fps
    Your problem, bolded.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    WoW does not work well with AMD CPUs, they tend to run on power saving mode in that game. I don't know if there is a solution for this, but a friend of mine "fixes" it in a dirty way - running eg. a second game in the background to make a wakeup call for the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyuka View Post
    WoW does not work well with AMD CPUs, they tend to run on power saving mode in that game. I don't know if there is a solution for this, but a friend of mine "fixes" it in a dirty way - running eg. a second game in the background to make a wakeup call for the CPU.
    Wait what....They don't work well with AMDs? I have a Fx6100 and a gtx 650 ti and I crank this game on ultra with no problems...

But Wait, What Graphics settings are you on, Ultra? On Fair I get 100+ FPS
    Last edited by Tonath; 2014-03-18 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Wait what....They don't work well with AMDs? I have a Fx6100 and a gtx 650 ti and I crank this game on ultra with no problems...

But Wait, What Graphics settings are you on, Ultra? On Fair I get 100+ FPS
    Its true, AMD and mmo's are not a good combo, it works but intel is better, i drop to 25fps(8320@4ghz) in some fights all maxed out in 10 mens, overal in raids its about 55 fps, but i get 100+ in leveling zones. In cities i get around 50 depending on the time. In perspective, no pc on this earth can run 25 man raid on ultra. steady at 60fps+.

From what I've gathered, it's that AMD cpu's have a weaker single core performance than intel cpu's, but make up for it most games, because they tend to have twice the cores of intel cpu's. However, WoW can only use 2 cpu's and thus they tend to be better for the game.

It's just strange because before I put in the GPU and CPU recently I had better FPS on WoW with my old stuff than with the newer stuff. And the newer stuff is literally just better version of what I did have. I had a 650 ti and a lesser AMD fx processor before.

In WoW do you have Vsync on and is your monitor's refresh rate 60Hz? If so, you're capped at 60 FPS. That's one. Two, why do you think 40-60 FPS is horrible? That's pretty good. Even if you switch to a good Intel CPU you won't get constant 60 FPS on Ultra, especially in raids and crowded cities. Dipping down to the 40s sounds reasonable.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

It's not that I think it's horrible FPS at all. It's just that I get FPS spikes that make my game suddenly jerk for 40 to like 120 then back down again and when it goes back down it gets jerky. And no I have Vsync off and yeah 60Hz. I'm playing on a 27" flatscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    It's not that I think it's horrible FPS at all. It's just that I get FPS spikes that make my game suddenly jerk for 40 to like 120 then back down again and when it goes back down it gets jerky. And no I have Vsync off and yeah 60Hz. I'm playing on a 27" flatscreen.
    Disable ALL addons and see if it still occurs.

The jerkyness might be related to having Vsync off on a 60Hz screen, with the FPS shooting up to 120 and back down. Try it with Vsync on + triple buffering.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Try using Adaptive V-sync with your 750ti. You'll experience less of a jerky feeling because your frames will only be fluctuating between 40-60 instead of jumping up 100+ and when it drops below 60 you don't have to worry about getting knocked down to a fraction of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    From what I've gathered, it's that AMD cpu's have a weaker single core performance than intel cpu's, but make up for it most games, because they tend to have twice the cores of intel cpu's. However, WoW can only use 2 cpu's and thus they tend to be better for the game.
    Comparing Intel's current flagship CPU(i5-4670k) and AMD's top CPUs, Intel is about 35-40% ahead in single core performance.

If you are building a gaming PC, there is no reason to ever buy an AMD CPU, not having money is not really an excuse, wait a month or two more for the extra $75 and enjoy better performance in 99% of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try invidually turning your Shadows down too, the shadows in WoW are horrible performance hogs.