Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar: Cross-realm raids enabled

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’ve recently implemented an often requested feature to enable cross-realm raiding for Siege of Orgrimmar. Cross-realm BattleTag™ and Real ID friends can now raid together and take the fight to Garrosh on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Players will be able to earn greater rewards such as Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf or the title of Conqueror/Liberator of Orgrimmar; both of which aren’t available to be earned within Flexible or Raid Finder difficulty.

This change is currently live.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12091049604

Woot, I didn't understand why allowing to happen for heroic was the reason it wasn't allowed on normal

10+ Year Old Account
    This woulda been useful a week or two ago when we needed a cross-realm sub!

Blew my mind. This is an amazing change

Deleted
    Aw, in EU we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Boo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I guess the dev pipeline has been massively derailed?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-Fan-Art

It's definitely nice (for those folks still playing) to have this go live, but it's frustrating to realize, once again, that Blizzard's public statements just can't be trusted.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

It's definitely nice (for those folks still playing) to have this go live, but it's frustrating to realize, once again, that Blizzard's public statements just can't be trusted.
    He was talking about turning on only Normal and not Heroic requiring a patch to do. Turning on both is just a simple switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

Option B is you can't read. Option B is a winner!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh all I've seen them do for the last few months is make excuses about how hard a change this would be. Then they do a 180 (surprise again!). Wonder how many raid tiers/expansions this is going to cost us?

Don't troll
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-19 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    Ehh all I've seen them do for the last few months is make excuses about how hard a change this would be. Then they do a 180 (surprise again!). Wonder how many raid tiers/expansions this is going to cost us?
    Bad troll bad shoo shoo

OT: FINALLY

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-19 at 01:11 AM.

IMO this is a welcome change.
    Does this mean we can pug SOO via Oqueue though?
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    IMO this is a welcome change.
    Does this mean we can pug SOO via Oqueue though?
    Wouldn't see why not, however I would do it with a grain of salt. Even Flex raids can be disasters, imagine what Normal modes will be like.

This is a great change overall, it's a feature that comes early from WoD since all raids will now be cross server aside from Mystic. Will help with those nights where the odd people don't log on and can actually fill the raid with a few friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post

Don't troll
    Apparently that is trolling. Interesting. I was being 100% serious. Sorry for apparently offending someone O.o I'll remember to not state an opinion in a snarky way next time.

Hooray, now we can do tired and boring content even easier! Thanks, Blizzard!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I think this is the worst possible change that they could have made. This will shatter guilds. At least it's only temporary and in WoD heroic (known then as mythic) won't have such nonsense.

The number of changes needed to make this work are pretty immense. Right now it looks like a stopgap measure with guilds breaking apart under the weight of a century more of this tier or whatever.

Some of you seem to be happy with it, so I guess it has a market at least. Never been so demoralized. Why have a guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Why have a guild?
    So you can be more organised and more likely for success than a PUG and raid with people you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    they just said , that they wont do this and now they do it hahaha never belive something from blizzard
    still nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    they just said , that they wont do this and now they do it hahaha never belive something from blizzard
    still nice change.
    Citation needed
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice but i wonder if this got anything to do with no new info about WoD.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I think this is the worst possible change that they could have made. This will shatter guilds. At least it's only temporary and in WoD heroic (known then as mythic) won't have such nonsense.

The number of changes needed to make this work are pretty immense. Right now it looks like a stopgap measure with guilds breaking apart under the weight of a century more of this tier or whatever.

Some of you seem to be happy with it, so I guess it has a market at least. Never been so demoralized. Why have a guild?
    Because majority of pugs are a horror story?

This actually has a big chance of bringing people back together. People that scattered all over since end of cata without forcing them to pay for realm transfers yet allowing to play with guildies/ex guildies no matter where they might be. It facilitates recruitment and trial periods - one can first give it a shot, see if you like the environment before making a financial commitment to join a guild on another realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    So you can be more organised and more likely for success than a PUG and raid with people you like?
    Or because you like to be in a guild.
    Personally, I don't - so for me, this is a great change. Maybe I'll be finally able to do some Normal SoO without having to deal with a raid guild.

That said, we'll have to see how it plays out. Won't be a cakewalk seeing how even Flex can be a challenge sometimes for PuGs. The required ilvl is going to be hefty.