Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

RIP Auction House (EU) - It is now "disabled"

Lets see how this goes, deep inside I feel like this is how it should have been from release, but we will see!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    Where I buy gems now? Tbh I think this was a necessary move but I'm still gonna miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    One of the biggest fail in the gaming history.
    One of the best Diablo clones in gaming history.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Jawwilsoned game is shit full maggog
    Bleep blop blerp herp derp blrrrr? Gugu gaga? Also, Jay Wilson did a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... buying Infernal Dye... Oh well, I don't mind it is gone
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    RIP AH! I am not that sad to see you go, even if I did make ridiculous money off you in the last week so I'd have crafting gold in RoS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-started the game few days ago and after seeing the prices in AH... I'm not going to miss it.

somehow i got a feeling its no the last we have seen of it

Within one week everybody will cry "GIVE US BACK TRADING system".

Even the simple automated MATS trading would have saved the long term play in RoS.

Read the article on : http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-auction-house

I quote: "It’s ironic with the shutdown coming now, since now that we’re into D3v2, and approaching Reaper of Souls, the Auction House feels like a helpful aspect of the game and economy, without dominating it.
    "

Yep, that IS Flux talking here ./...

I said that 7 months ago and was attacked by everyone and his casual dog (while I was playing a BEAUTIFUL balanced hardcore economy and ... saw it worked).

Sigh.

tldr: the problem was NEVER the Gold AH, it was the Original loot system in Diablo 3.

Excluding the RMAH and make ALL gear BOUGHT on the GAH as BOA (so no more reselling and gear dissapearing from the economy) would have created a GODLY D3 by now.

RoS will last 3 weeks tx to the idiots behind this new tradeless design. Reason: NO end game at all. You stop playing after killing the last boss because grinding is now complete and utter useless after this.

Thank you casual posters who (as Always) never had a clue.

I want to make a bet: I bet the (renamed) Gold AH will return in a future patch before the next "expansion" even.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-03-18 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    tldr: the problem was NEVER the Gold AH, it was the Original loot system in Diablo 3.

All lost now.
    I agree with this. I wonder why people can't see they're 2 different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. Game is much more rewarding when you find your own gear.

Even the simple automated MATS trading would have saved the long term play in RoS.

I quote: "It’s ironic with the shutdown coming now, since now that we’re into D3v2, and approaching Reaper of Souls, the Auction House feels like a helpful aspect of the game and economy, without dominating it.
    "

I said that 7 months ago and was attacked by everyone and his casual dog (while I was playing a BEAUTIFUL balanced hardcore economy and ... saw it worked).

Sigh.

Excluding the RMAH and make ALL gear BOUGHT on the GAH as BOA (so no more reselling and gear dissapearing from the economy) would have created a GODLY D3 by now.

RoS will last 3 weeks tx to the idiots behind this new tradeless design.

100% agree, what WOULD be better is removing ALL items, but keep an AH for crafting mats, plans etc buyable with GOLD, ah wasnt the problem, loot was..

RoS will last 3 weeks tx to the idiots behind this new tradeless design. Reason: NO end game at all. You stop playing after killing the last boss because grinding is now complete and utter useless after this.
    those reduclulious prices on the gear was overpriced to the hell, and it's all flooded with items, but price was still same and people who invest their $ have got the best gear, pay to win?!
    how diablo 2 last for so long ~13 years almost! without ah, people was finding trade ways

Deleted
    OK there is a LOT of hyperbole and bullshit in this thread.

You do all know that trading existed in D2 without a AH right?

Rares, Gems, Plans, Crafting Mats etc etc will also still be tradeable.

As to this "RoS will be dead in 3 weeks" just stop with your UTTER bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Good riddance. Game is much more rewarding when you find your own gear.
    It kills the END game though. What use is there to find gear when you already killed the last boss ? No trade in 2014 is no end game. This is not 1998. (as an answer to the BS above about "old D2").

And btw: READ the article first. You'll see you can't counter Flux...

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-auction-house
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-03-18 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    The real problem was the hyperinflation of the AH caused by the botters and 3rd party gold selling sites.
    this could have easily been curtailed by having a maximum value on an item on the AH being a reasonable 10-20m, and block face to face gold transfers. as it was though, if you were looking for an upgrade then you were looking at spending hundreds of millions of gold, which to some people was far beyond their reach due to crappy drops, and refusal to buy gold.

However, that being said with the new loot 2.0 system and drops being more likely to be useable for your class the need for the AH has been removed. Will I miss it ? yes, As I liked being able to think to myself "well I haven't had an upgrade in a few days, ill buy that ring, or those boots" or "hey that set bonus looks fun lets buy a couple of items to make the set up" I also wont miss it as I am one of those people who steadfastly refuse to buy in game currencies, so was stuck with crappy upgrades.

So long AH, you where a good idea, but poorly set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    how diablo 2 last for so long ~13 years almost! without ah, people was finding trade ways
    Not sure how you plan to trade items now that everything decently good is BoA.

Deleted
    In Path of Exile, there are like 20 different orbs as the currency, and there are sites dedicated for tracking the value of those orbs, as well as there being a clear consensus within communities (such as Reddit) on what the value of each currency actually is. The same goes for items.

In Diablo, we now have communities and chat channels. In time, there will be a site or several sites, giving you a good estimate on what the value of a certain type of gem, crafting material, recipe and so on, is. And, as I've said a few times before, I believe there will yet be some tradeable BiS gear in the future.

The removal of the AH hasn't killed the economy or trading, it has simply changed it. It works in PoE, it worked in D2, it'll work in D3.

It kills the END game though. What use is there to find gear when you already killed the last boss ?
    Gearing your character has zero to do with killing an end boss. If killing bosses is your thing, you'll have more fun in WoW or some other MMO. Killing bosses has never been the main attraction of Diablo clones.

"

Yep, that IS Flux talking here ./...

Sigh.

Thank you casual posters who (as Always) never had a clue.

I want to make a bet: I bet the (renamed) Gold AH will return in a future patch before the next "expansion" even.
    I disagree 100% and if they bring it back ill stop playing again.

The auction house ruined the spirt of the game and that is to grind for loot not grind for gold to buy it from the AH. Both Diablo 1 and 2 worked just fine without a AH and even other ARPG's worked fine without a AH.

The new team isn't trying to force people to spend RL $$$ on the game and the game has improved 200% because of it.

The AH ruined both Hardcore and Softcore. How can you say Hardcore is hard when you can farm a easy spot for gold and buy all the gear u want. Yes the Hardcore AH did have a soft reset when someone died but the good gear stayed on there because those toons rarely died.

O wait this is benbos I am replying to so all he will hear is lalalalalalala.

Ya I know I could just not use it and all but I refuse to gimp myself just to make things harder. That would be like doing heroic raids in WoW with green gear.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-03-18 at 11:10 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    NO end game at all. You stop playing after killing the last boss because grinding is now complete and utter useless after this.
    This is the biggest hyperbole and bullshit statement I have EVER read on MMO-C and that is saying something.

You grind to advance your toon, get chance of better loot, paragon levels etc etc.

You play with friends you know, to have fun, destory mobs while shooting the shit on Mumble.

Just STOP with your utter bullshit.

AH could have worked out much better. There needed to be a limit on how much and how often people could sell/buy. Whatever the restrictions would be, they needed to make it so a player could find an upgrade every once in awhile, not daily or all at once. D2 had trading and it didn't destroy the game. If D3 AH restrictions brought down the amount of possible trading to D2 levels or lower then it would have been fine.

About the RMAH... it's just a choice. Do you want people to give their money to Blizzard or a 3rd party? This hardly matters now given the changes.

NO end game at all. You stop playing after killing the last boss because grinding is now complete and utter useless after this.
    You could say something similar about every hobby and sport that exists. But, Blizzard should have planned for constant D3 updates. The game would have sold even more copies on a continuous basis if they had monthly content updates. Even if it was something simple like a small dungeon addition, mini-boss, or quest. Nothing huge and elaborate with new art, just something extra.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2014-03-18 at 11:15 AM.