Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Google Chrome vs Safari vs Firefox

I've been really indecisive. So maybe this will help on what to pick, as well as giving enlightenment on what most people prefer.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I use chrome cause of google and android n stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Google Chrome is really smooth. I changed the default set-up to always show favorites bar, and installed Ad-Block+. Love it.
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

Chrome seems far and away the best. I don't know why anyone would use Firefox until they stop the memory leaks.

I use all three. Explorer for testing functionality since it's horribly outdated. Chrome for using established websites that I know are safe and sound, plus it's video streaming is excellent. Firefox with Noscript for websites that I am unsure of at the moment or use third party advertisement system.

I prefer Chrome over any other and by far.
    I like its speed and clean look.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    Explorer for testing functionality since it's horribly outdated.
    Don't use XP

I use Firefox. Switched back after Chrome 27 since I don't like the new interface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the option for Internet Explorer? Damn you Salandrin and your anti-Microsoft biased poll.

Deleted
    Never tested Safari, always had more problems with firefox more then IE.. don't know how but I did. But chrome have been <3<3

Safari on all apple devices, Chrome for Windows.
    Chrome is clean and fast but lacks interaction with the System it's running on. Safari on OS X is clean, fast (enough), nicely designed, and enjoys OS Xs support (e.g. touchpad gestures).

Firefox on the other strikes me as slow and a little clunky. Not as bad as IE though.

Use IE (personal use), Chrome(work email and android), Firefox (work and personal use, as well as the tablet version on my Galaxy Tab2). Overall use Firefox more, but I like the "look" of IE 10 more (if it wasn't so much slower that everything else it use it for all except work email).

Safari doesn't work for many of my work web interfaces so I've never used it. Even customers that I have that use Apple computers use Firefox for OSX instead of Safari.

Which of the browsers currently offers the best user experience trades off fairly frequently. At the moment I prefer Chrome, but I still use Firefox on occasion. Also some of the addons I use are better or only exist in Firefox. Regardless, unless you have a very specific use case in mind, as long as you're using a modern browser, your experience is likely going to be more than fine.

If you need some speed on Firefox (on loading sites), just use network pipelining feature (disabled as default in about:config). Never liked Chrome due to how it handles users UI experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox all the way for me.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox

Tried chrome and threw it away like a bad habit. It was a resource hog that takes up too much to have lots of tabs open, and I always have a lot of tabs. Another reason being the interface. I couldn't find anything there. Hard to navigate, and I'm not even sure if many of the options even exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about Safari, but Chrome is a thousand times better than Firefox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have and use both Firefox and Chrome. I can't really decide which I like better to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox - viva la adblock.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'm just going on personal preference here, but Firefox. I was an IE user until around the time IE7 came along. Then I discovered Firefox, switched to it, and never looked back. Firefox + NoScript = win. Been running Firefox for many years now with no problems.

From what I've seen, IE11 is an abomination. I can't explain why, but Chrome just doesn't do it for me. I don't like Safari at all, but I don't like Apple in general.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-18 at 03:14 PM.