Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath - March 18th

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...march-18-2014/

The Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath

Scarlet’s siege of Lion’s Arch has been broken. Now, with the city freed and our enemies driven out, it is time to tend to the wounded and begin the long process of rebuilding.

Beginning March 18, 2014
    At long last, the siege of Lion’s Arch has been broken and Scarlet’s reign of terror is at an end. Despite Scarlet’s death, all is not well: Lion’s Arch is little more than a smoldering husk, citizens are still camped near Vigil, the Durmand Priory, and Stormbluff Isle, and the cost of victory was high.

After the Storm
    Lion’s Arch will always remember those heroes who rallied to her defense and freed her from Scarlet’s grasp. Three makeshift memorials have been raised to honor the fallen, praise heroes, and attempt to reunite separated families. Services have not been moved back into Lion’s Arch, which currently plays home to looters and ashes.

While the city is free, the road to recovery is uncertain and fraught with difficulty.

At the Dead End Bar
    Marjory, Kasmeer, Rox, Braham, and Taimi are gathered at the Dead End Bar in Divinity’s Reach. Visit them to check in and see how they’re faring in the aftermath of the final battle against Scarlet.

History Made
    Scarlet’s war raged from the peaks of the frozen Shiverpeaks to the depths of the Maguuma jungle, spreading ruin throughout Tyria in pursuit of one grand scheme. Even as she died, Scarlet’s plan succeeded. If you missed the final encounter with Scarlet Briar or want to revisit the historic moment, you can view the epic finale cutscene from the Battle for Lion’s Arch on our YouTube channel.

WvW Spring Tournament 2014
    Starting on March 28 and running through May 30, we’ll be hosting the WvW Spring Tournament 2014! Worlds will be split up into leagues and battle against other worlds in their league for ultimate dominance! We’ve made some exciting changes to prepare for this tournament, which you can read about here!

Detailed patch notes: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...March-18-2014/
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    And most importantly...

NEW HAIRSTYLES!!!
    All of my yes! I've been holding onto a makeover kit for months now. I might finally actually use it.

the new hairstyles are a bit of mixed bag for me

Deleted
    Hairstyles are pretty crappy imo, the only one that serves any form of purpose seems to be the scarlet one, rest are meh.

Deleted
    I hope that Dead End instance isn't just "Oh, we're happy that Scarlet is dead but we must rebuild LA" blahblah. I WANT ANSWERS. (I know that we'll get some of them in LS2 ... probably... but not all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I hope that Dead End instance isn't just "Oh, we're happy that Scarlet is dead but we must rebuild LA" blahblah. I WANT ANSWERS. (I know that we'll get some of them in LS2 ... probably... but not all.)
    Prepare to be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like the new female norn hairstyle that looks like a human hairstyle. Got a kit and changed to it. :P

I changed to the short human female hairstyle.

Changed to a pic using SweetFX. Looks good so far.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-03-18 at 11:36 PM.

I wouldn't expect very many answers atm.

About the hairstyles... a lot of those have sort of a steampunkish vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heading into Maguuma confirmed.

I love all the little touches in Lion's Arch. Everything is wrecked and if you go to the bank there are Lionguard there guarding the broken bank vault that will KICK you (as in knock you back) if you try to get too close. The new music is fabulous https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/lions-arch-lament

Soooooo much new stuff in the code, someone was linking an engagement ring and a ring box in map chat.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Does anyone have any high-quality images of the wreckage? I would get them myself but I think my computer would explode if I tried turning the settings up to max.

I like a couple of the Asura and Charr ones, the rest are okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting how they didn't tell much about that update. I'm always much too curious to know what happens next, so I really hate it when Devs are so silent.

I am hopping around, exploring and climbing. So far the only new hidden area I've found is that underwater cave. You can climb Breech ship wreckage for some high views, but that's all I've found so far.

Hairstyles: Like the Asuran and Norn hair. Might use one of the kits I have stored away. The piratey Asuran male hair is nice, but I am not sure I want that drastic a change for my Asuran. Of course, the spikes with knots hair would make me standout like no other.

The human styles look good except for that last one for the males. x_X I really like that first female Asuran one. I see they added Taimi's hairstyle, but I'd much rather have her face. :P The male Asuran ones are funky.

Not a fan of the Sylvari or Charr ones though. I typically hate dreadlocks and for some reason very few Sylvari hairstyles in general look like they fit the head of the model properly. The 'Scarlet Rose' one might look better with a different color scheme though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Does anyone have any high-quality images of the wreckage? I would get them myself but I think my computer would explode if I tried turning the settings up to max.
    Here's a video that shows all the Lion's Arch vistas - Before, during and after the attack. Quite a showcase for how things change in our Living World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZDn-rmN_K0
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Heading into Maguuma confirmed.
    Not exactly, there are more connections to Brisban Wildlands atm, but i wouldn't rule out Maguuma yet. What's north for Brisban? Verdant Forest. Hopefully they will unlock that new zone. There are some new npcs added, one heading over to Brisban to check out what the bandits are doing and if you go there yourself you'll see that they are building a bridge to a place which will most likely have the entrance to Verdant. All speculation though. On another notes, it seems like the dragon after Mordremoth will be Kralk. One of those magical leylines in the cinematic went towards CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Not exactly, there are more connections to Brisban Wildlands atm, but i wouldn't rule out Maguuma yet. What's north for Brisban? Verdant Forest. Hopefully they will unlock that new zone. There are some new npcs added, one heading over to Brisban to check out what the bandits are doing and if you go there yourself you'll see that they are building a bridge to a place which will most likely have the entrance to Verdant. All speculation though. On another notes, it seems like the dragon after Mordremoth will be Kralk. One of those magical leylines in the cinematic went towards CD.
    Where are this new NPCs? I saw someone posting something similiar on Reddit, but I think everything he wrote was in the game since launch.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I'm looking at this map with the overlay of GW2 over GW1.
    http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/wp-conten...f_interest.jpg

Plus what was stated in game today about Brisban Wildlands PLUS that pre-launch interview where Ree Soesbee responds to a question about Maguuma stating it was almost ready for launch but would be added in an update.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OKujQzCrE (at 1:45)

I may have been skipping a bit ahead or put it awkwardly (Brisban is in the Maguuma Jungle, correct?), but I feel pretty sure that's where we are heading.
    Valar morghulis