Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Not exactly, there are more connections to Brisban Wildlands atm, but i wouldn't rule out Maguuma yet. What's north for Brisban? Verdant Forest. Hopefully they will unlock that new zone. There are some new npcs added, one heading over to Brisban to check out what the bandits are doing and if you go there yourself you'll see that they are building a bridge to a place which will most likely have the entrance to Verdant. All speculation though. On another notes, it seems like the dragon after Mordremoth will be Kralk. One of those magical leylines in the cinematic went towards CD.
    Brisban is apart of Maguuma.

On another notes, it seems like the dragon after Mordremoth will be Kralk. One of those magical leylines in the cinematic went towards CD.
    The thing about the leyline was that it feed magic energy toward a sleeping dragon to get it to wake up, Kralk is already awake.

Deleted
    I like this new Tengu mini :3
    Also - I love Brisband so I'm happy that we are heading there slowly.

And White Mantle theory sounds good.

I'm not sure if the mysterious E. is Evennia but I remember her going missing in GW1 and if Livia is still alive... Evennia might be too. (I know that Livia has scepter of Orr but Evennia was like monk sister of her [to me at least xD]). What's more.. Evennia defended Henge of Denravi with us and she was in Aurora Glade cinematic (mission with Demagogue as bonus [repeatable in GW2 event]). So she is related to Brisban.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The human styles look good except for that last one for the males. x_X I really like that first female Asuran one. I see they added Taimi's hairstyle, but I'd much rather have her face. :P The male Asuran ones are funky.

Not a fan of the Sylvari or Charr ones though. I typically hate dreadlocks and for some reason very few Sylvari hairstyles in general look like they fit the head of the model properly. The 'Scarlet Rose' one might look better with a different color scheme though.
    I like the charr one with the blades, but if/when I make another charr it'll probably be a heavy armor type and you wouldn't see the hair anyway, so meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Where are this new NPCs? I saw someone posting something similiar on Reddit, but I think everything he wrote was in the game since launch.
    Fort Vandal has always been there, which is where i figured the new zone entrance might go. I dont' remember the bandit tower in the center of the Gallowfields, but probably also been there forever.

The new NPC is Marjory's sister in the story instance, she says she's heading to Brisban, other than that I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I like the charr one with the blades, but if/when I make another charr it'll probably be a heavy armor type and you wouldn't see the hair anyway, so meh.
    I like the blades, but not the dreads. >_< I don't know what this trend is with feline races and dreads, ESO does it too, at least half of their Khajiit hairstyles are dreads.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Brisban is apart of Maguuma.
    Really? Thought it was part of Kryta..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The thing about the leyline was that it feed magic energy toward a sleeping dragon to get it to wake up, Kralk is already awake.
    Wow, how stupid of me to think like that... Still hoping for Kralk though

15+ Year Old Account
    guild wars 1 map a few minor changes in the gw2 but mostly accurate. Kryta is very small. Brisban is on Kryta's border but is Maguuma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zones from the Tarnished Coast, Maguuma Wastes and Steamspur Mountains all belong to the Maguuma Jungle. However, Magus Falls and the northwestern parts of Maguuma Wastes could be said parts that were nearly finished at lauch (and could be added soon!)

Maguuma Jungle

Cities

Rata Sum
    The Grove

Explorable zones

Caledon Forest (1-15)
    Metrica Province (1-15)
    Brisban Wildlands (15-25)
    Sparkfly Fen (55-65)
    Mount Maelstrom (60-70)
    Labyrinthine Cliffs (80)
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I find it quite comical how Anet toted the LS all through 2013 and now that season 1 is done, the overall feeling from most players (at least the ones that bother to share their thoughts) is either "meh" or "that was terrible". It's what I've been saying all along. LS was shit, and now that season 1 is over, more people are coming forward and expressing their discontent with it. Shallow, shoddy writing that still left many questions unanswered coupled with shallow content that mainly boiled down to farming achievements and a back piece every two weeks is what pretty much all of 2013 saw for GW2. And more and more people are realizing this. Anet better have something good for 2014 or they really are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I find it quite comical how Anet toted the LS all through 2013 and now that season 1 is done, the overall feeling from most players (at least the ones that bother to share their thoughts) is either "meh" or "that was terrible".
    A lot of people were buying into Anet's hype of the finale and were giving them the benefit of the doubt. Now people can finally judge S1LS in its entirety since there's no more, "Wait and see in the next update!" excuse.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

After talking to most npcs in Lions Arch, exploring and seeing all there is to see...

I am renaming this update - Battle for Lions Feels : Aftertears.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    A lot of people were buying into Anet's hype of the finale and were giving them the benefit of the doubt. Now people can finally judge S1LS in its entirety since there's no more, "Wait and see in the next update!" excuse.
    Agreed. Now that Anet can longer hide behind the excuse of "wait till the next update of LS! It's gonna be great!", everyone can finally see that Anet pretty much wasted a year of everyone's time. I still cannot believe that the company who brought me GW1, a game I thoroughly enjoyed (story included), only managed to shit out this half-assed attempt at a story and game. If Anet doesn't deliver something good, and I mean GOOD in 2014, this game will be permanently uninstalled from my hard drive. To many other great games coming out this year to be wasting my time on a polished turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I find it quite comical how Anet toted the LS all through 2013 and now that season 1 is done, the overall feeling from most players (at least the ones that bother to share their thoughts) is either "meh" or "that was terrible". It's what I've been saying all along. LS was shit, and now that season 1 is over, more people are coming forward and expressing their discontent with it. Shallow, shoddy writing that still left many questions unanswered coupled with shallow content that mainly boiled down to farming achievements and a back piece every two weeks is what pretty much all of 2013 saw for GW2. And more and more people are realizing this. Anet better have something good for 2014 or they really are clueless.
    Well from a story standpoint it was nothing that gave you chills or kept you wake at night, but in my opinion the speculating about the next things to happen was a lot of fun. It didn't reach the 'Game of Thrones'-level, but hey, not everyone can be GoT. It was more the 'Walking Dead' level in my opinion.

The Living Story's main purpose is to vitalize the game, to bring life to barren zones and to change the world. Personally I would say they did a good job here, there was always something new to do, new items to get, achievements etc.

In the end, LS gives you gameplay while story takes a backseat, but isn't that the purpose of gaming?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

I'd put it on the same level as children's programming: shallow and predictable. Actually, reality TV might be a better comparison: a loose attempt at a script, forced pairings for drama, an over the top 'villain' personality, lots of filler to make a full 'episode', etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Well from a story standpoint it was nothing that gave you chills or kept you wake at night, but in my opinion the speculating about the next things to happen was a lot of fun. It didn't reach the 'Game of Thrones'-level, but hey, not everyone can be GoT. It was more the 'Walking Dead' level in my opinion.

The Living Story's main purpose is to vitalize the game, to bring life to barren zones and to change the world. Personally I would say they did a good job here, there was always something new to do, new items to get, achievements etc.

In the end, LS gives you gameplay while story takes a backseat, but isn't that the purpose of gaming?
    I agree, the story was ok and it kept the world alive. I enjoy reading all the speculations so the story was not really in the backseat for me
    Still some unanswered mysteries that I want to know about (Caithes secret!).

But yeah, people seem to have some "omg it must be golden globe / emmy nomination worthy story (a la GoT) or else it sucks" kind of attitude.
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-03-21 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LS was garbage, personally I am glad it is over. Finally, they can focus on meaningful updates instead of their living gem bs.

I never wanna see LS again if I had it my way, utter trash grind meta achievements every 2 weeks for literally an hour worth of content/story.

The least they could do is branch each update out to last a FEW days, I mean at the very LEAST. Even doing the meta takes a day.

Deleted
    That`s the problem for any original Guild Wars players, they played the game the had an amazing story & years of work behind it.
    Then you come to gw2, there are non (or very few) of the original chaps that made that game what it is working for anet any more.
    (Greg Street & warcraft spring to mind ;p)

Even now, with the ones that work there & bring out something good that folk rave about (flame something dungeon was one I recall) they`re mostly on twelve months contracts & are then "let go" only to (possibly) return a few months later for another 12 month contract & so on...

You won`t keep good staff/writers/coders et al by doing that, they need to start keeping people on staff properly & stop messing folk about.
    You also only have to look at the staff reviews to see about too many chefs at the stove

Perhaps then they`ll start adding better game play rather then "Oh, mob there, zerg eet" month after month...

Eh the living story kept me active and was a lot of fun. The story part wasn't anything amazing but it did provide a ton fodder for specialization which was also fun. Plus the rate of content updates was awesome and I enjoyed that, and even when they took a break from it in December I was happy to have a break from the constant updates. A little sad about the break now, but I don't have bad feelings about LS1.

I think the living story was decent, not great, but decent. You could really tell, especially towards the beginning, that they were feeling things out. You could tell that they've never done something like this and it was a learning process for them. I think towards the end they started to show improvement, especially on the story. Hopefully they are more comfortable now and can make season 2 more worthwhile, especially now that we get to fight another elder dragon. I actually look forward to season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    That`s the problem for any original Guild Wars players, they played the game the had an amazing story
    will have to quibble with this. GW had awesome lore (and GW2 does as well as an extension) but it never had an amazing story. It wasn't bad but hardly amazing.