Thread: Kids these days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its what happens when humans socialize without fear of reprisal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash talking have been around a long time and not just in video games, still my experience with xbox live tells me this have a lot to do with younger kids playing online games. Even so there are adults too that got a foul mouth.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

I thought that w as a cool cake. Until I seen 10th birthday :-s Glad I don't play CoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I thought that w as a cool cake. Until I seen 10th birthday :-s Glad I don't play CoD.
    You know you fail at parenting when you buy an expensive CoD cake for your 10 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    That is a very well made cake... I don't like the theme but definitely talented!

Ahem OT: At least in real life you can "Accidentally" headbutt someone's nose if they trash talk you too much before a sporting activity. Or place their drink in a precarious position so that they knock it over themselves and spill it all over their cards/pants

You can't on the internet sadly

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That is a very well made cake... I don't like the theme but definitely talented!

Ahem OT: At least in real life you can "Accidentally" headbutt someone's nose if they trash talk you too much before a sporting activity. Or place their drink in a precarious position so that they knock it over themselves and spill it all over their cards/pants

You can't on the internet sadly
    I don't think he posted the cake because it looked cool. Look at the age of the person the cake is for

I'd buy that cake for an adult friend that like CoD as a form of trash talking (with the happy 10th).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Deleted
    Arnold Schwarzenegger used to trash talk Lou Ferrigno before competitions, and those competitions were very close.

**edit** Though, to be fair, he probably learned it from playing CoD when he was 10 years old. Kids these days....
    Last edited by mmoc7d4700f6a8; 2014-03-18 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met plenty of douche-bag adults in my gaming history, and also met plenty of nice and reasonable "kids".
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I'm pretty sure our Hominid ancestors used to trash talk each other about who threw the rock further, or who killed the biggest deer, etc.
    Right after language was invented.
    Before that they just held up the "L" sign to their foreheads to illustrate superiority. That's where the letter "L" originates.
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    I'm pretty sure our Hominid ancestors used to trash talk each other about who threw the rock further, or who killed the biggest deer, etc.
    Right after language was invented.
    Before that they just held up the "L" sign to their foreheads to illustrate superiority. That's where the letter "L" originates.
    Elaborate cave painting where visages of Crugg's buddy Grugg was being assaulted by jizzing dicks.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Just adding my own observations. I'm in my late 30's and played football and ran track. Trash talk back then wasn't really noticible...at least on the fields. As for the basketball courts, it was generally talking about how good you were, not about how "noob" the person covering you was (ex."Man, you can't cover me). As for gaming consoles and games like TECMO bowl...lol, again it was more about how good you were. I gamed competitively in SC ladders and local tourneys and again, I just don't remember the level of trashtalk there is now. Just the other day I got some /w about how horrible my gear was.....seriously?

On another note, my son is 17 and lives far from me with the ex and her husband. My son plays a lot of gaming and trashtalk to him is normal play. "Noob" and "You suck are you mentally retarded? are normal chat to him. We won't go into the parenting aspect, I've tried to explain to him the whole good sportsmanship and general respect for others...but 2600 miles makes it hard to keep that message up.

Anyway, it's just my take on things, but I really think there's been a general shift in just respect towards others. Just look at the threads here and it's more than obvious.