Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They should have nerfed LFR with this boost as far as I'm concerned. Its borderline unplayable right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to, no one is letting me in flexis with 507
    You can do dungeons and get JP > honour for 522 items. I "have to" do lfr is just weak.

This will last a few weeks, then you won't notice the boosted chars.
    Why complain about it like someone shat in your cereals for all eternity?

And not just OP, everyone.

Deleted
    Confession; I find the fights in LFR bland and spend most of my time fighting the boss wishing it would be over faster. It just feels like burning through it's HP for x minutes.

I also have no interest in raiding in a normal/heroic setting, I just want some gear to make the stuff I actually want to do a bit easier. And not being ganked while running across Timeless Isle because I have 450k HP.

FYI, I don't fight back, I have no change against PvP geared players that focus me in crappy PvE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksolo View Post
    Confession; I find the fights in LFR bland and spend most of my time fighting the boss wishing it would be over faster. It just feels like burning through it's HP for x minutes.

I also have no interest in raiding in a normal/heroic setting, I just want some gear to make the stuff I actually want to do a bit easier. And not being ganked while running across Timeless Isle because I have 450k HP.

FYI, I don't fight back, I have no change against PvP geared players that focus me in crappy PvE gear.
    Any reason you chose pvp realm in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    do i like people that answer their own questions? no
    Did i find this funny? Yes

Overall agree with op, and it's written in a way i can relate to. I don't understand why they didn't implement something like a temporary finishing quest, that dropped them in proving grounds with the requirement of bronze to move out in the real world. Would have been simple and would have helped avoiding the worst frustrations in lfr.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Imo its not that bad anymore... at first it was like hell when all the boosted 90s came into LFR.
    Now its a lot smoother... people now know that they have to play in a proper way because otherwise they would wipe. Moreover i have the impression that a not so small part of the boosted chars are playing better than the "usual" LFR Player, simply because they are alts and the person playing the char has already experience at least on flex. There is also always quite a big part of players with "Hellscreams Downfall" in the raids... of course i know that a lot of these titles are bought, but once you have at least one Tank who knows what to do + 2-3 healers that arent afk + at least 2-3 DDs who are doing >100k DPS, then usually you can clear LFR quite easy without wiping when the rest of the raid pays attention to the bosses, which they do now and didnt do before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiravan View Post
    I think you're very much over-exaggerating the insta 90s in lfr thing. I was in the process of making another legendary and gearing some alts both before and after the insta 90s came, and LFR to me is exactly the same. It's like people now think they have something to blame other than other people just being dickheads.

We still lose half the people to bursting pride, we still have people attacking in defensive stance, we still have people standing on overcharged platforms, and it's not a higher percentage of people doing this either. To me it feels exactly the same.
    The success rate is definitely worse, by a huge amount. I havent completed one wing yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Any reason you chose pvp realm in the first place?
    Higher population server. Higher Horde population. I have other characters.

The success rate is definitely worse, by a huge amount. I havent completed one wing yet.
    and yet i bet its mostly those super casuals not ultra hiper hardcore devoted nerds who bouch prepurchased version of WoD - ye sure :/

most of those people are playing like shit cause they are the usual "famirng lfr weekly on 10 chars nerd" who are used to alt tab and afk only now it doesnt work cause lfr is full of them - its bs thinking its the casual players who are at fault.

I'll admit gearing up via LFR is boring. Mostly because it's so easy. I afk during trash and sometimes in the middle of boss fights. Although, If a wipe is in the realm of possibility I try my best to prevent such a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You can do dungeons and get JP > honour for 522 items. I "have to" do lfr is just weak.
    Eh? 522 gear with jp...what gear is this? I "Have to do LFR" to get gear above 502, 522 gear for JPs is not in the game, or run ToT which is actually something I am considering doing, but as a casual with 11/12 its very hard to convince people to take me with 507.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its bs thinking its the casual players who are at fault.
    Woah there, what is this? Is this aimed at a comment from me? You wont have me arguing with this statement so I dunno why the quote.

That being said, the last LFR had 2 tanks who were boosted, it didn't go well.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-03-21 at 11:51 AM.

Eh? 522 gear with jp...what gear is this? I "Have to do LFR" to get gear above 502, 522 gear for JPs is not in the game, or run ToT which is actually something I am considering doing, but as a casual with 11/12 its very hard to convince people to take me with 507.

- - - Updated - - -

Woah there, what is this? Is this aimed at a comment from me? You wont have me arguing with this statement so I dunno why the quote.

That being said, the last LFR had 2 tanks who were boosted, it didn't go well.
    Sorry I'll type it slower so you understand.

Convert justicccce points to honooouur points to get 522 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I'll type it slower so you understand.

Convert justicccce points to honooouur points to get 522 gear.
    Ooooh so you want me to claim I have 530+ using pvp gear to inflate my ilvl, okayyyy, that'll go down well, but at least makes sense, appreciate the suggestion. I might give it a try though, see how many pugs I get kicked out of when they notice :P.

Ill convert my HAVE to do LFR to, LFR is close to mandatory if I don't want to have to spam dungeons to create an artifical ilvl with pvp gear, its just a bit more long winded. Off to get my pvp helm.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-03-21 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariluz View Post
    Just a quick point, standing in the green goo is actually a good thing on Jikun, as long as you don't kill yourself in it - since it gives more floor space for people to spread out. When I've done Jikun on LFR, I'll regularly clear several puddles so that people are less likely to all stand on each other and one shot their neighbors with caw.

Also, pointing out your healing done in lfr (especially as disc) is a fairly poor metric of determining how good the other healers. Pre 90 boost, there were plenty of times that my 520 priest in shadow reforges would do around 50%+ of overall healing in ToT when I was running it for legendary items. Its not hard, especially as an absorb healer to suppress the other healers.

The other thing is that people with bad weapons/trinkets are going to do quite a bit less dps than those with better trinkets/weapons at the same item level. I believe the boost chars start off with 450 weapon/trinkets - so their output is a little gimped unless they take the time to run heroics for honor to get the weapon. (and then buy a trinket with JP) While there are plenty of bad players that don't take the time to learn their class - people need to be somewhat realistic in their expectations and not expect that every fresh boost is going to be doing 200k+ the moment they step into lfr.
    Can we stop with the excuses every single time? People play bad in LFR because they are unprepared either because of the lack of guidance/information or either because they simply do not care. And some just don't care at all eventhough they are prepared.

Yes by now we all know a better weapon is a big dps increase... :|
    Last edited by Gilian; 2014-03-21 at 02:58 PM.

So what you're saying is that people are doing the exact same thing now that they did a month ago or six months ago or a year and a half ago? Fucking shocking discovery, better alert the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    do you really think that "class knowledge" is the main reason behind the lfr problems?

Even my roommate is one of the "I don't care about lfr = auto attack all the way = free loot yey" kinda guy
    And that will get worse over time. Others will stop trying also or they will just stop doing LFR completely.

I sometimes see some people posting on here saying we should help eachother more and I would really like to see everyone help eachother and things working out but let's not pretend that after random LFR/LFD group #96 you are going to explain tactics or help out some random person with playing their class for the hundredth time. Been there, done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I "have to" do lfr is just weak.
    Unless you're on the legendary questline in which case, LFR used to be the most time efficient way to get the quest line done. I guess not anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksolo View Post
    ...I also have no interest in raiding in a normal/heroic setting, I just want some gear to make the stuff I actually want to do a bit easier. And not being ganked while running across Timeless Isle because I have 450k HP.

Slightly OT but why are you on a PvP server then if you don't like PvP in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    So what you're saying is that people are doing the exact same thing now that they did a month ago or six months ago or a year and a half ago? Fucking shocking discovery, better alert the media.
    Not necessarily. Initially, (pre-flex) you had both good and bad players, but the ratio made it less obvious (i.e. Tuesday LFR vs Sunday LFR). However, as Blizzard introduced flex, better players moved on while bad players stayed behind. Fast forward to now, you have bad players with new/inexperienced players in LFR which creates a whole mess of fail unless LFR's difficulty is lowered to the point of tourist mode (i.e. everyone can afk and still win).

...I might give it a try though, see how many pugs I get kicked out of when they notice :P.
    Ill convert my HAVE to do LFR to, LFR is close to mandatory if I don't want to have to spam dungeons to create an artifical ilvl with pvp gear, its just a bit more long winded. Off to get my pvp helm.
    As long as it's not all PVP gear, I don't see why a PuG would drop you. Meanwhile, have you looked into Burdens of Eternity? Those items convert the Timeless gear tokens into 535 ilv gear. And lastly, have you also looked into Open Raid? At least that would get you into some Flex Groups and honestly, Wing 1 SoO Flex can be done with an ilv of 505 ish (later wings are a different matter).
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2014-03-21 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    *ahem* SURPRISE! The first and possibly second week after everyone who pre-orders WoD gets their level boosts LFR is a mess.

Why would you assume that the trend would continue? There's no reason to. After the huge boost boom where you got a boost for preordering WoD, the number of boosts will be much smaller now. Yeah, LFR sucked for a week or two, worse than usual, but it WILL stabilize.
    Because everyone preorders at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Unless you're on the legendary questline in which case, LFR used to be the most time efficient way to get the quest line done. I guess not anymore...

As long as it's not all PVP gear, I don't see why a PuG would drop you.
    Aye this is probably the case, Im a pessimist. I am going to set up my own flexi with a 510 requirement once I get my pvp helm :P

I don't want to have to spam dungeons to create an artifical ilvl with pvp gear
    It's 2014 and people still don't know that PVP gear has virtually the same stats as an equivilent ilvl PVE piece in the same slot? Really? The only exception being socket bonuses are often +pvppower but otherwise they have the same budget for non-pvp stats and a seperate one for the pvppower amount.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."