Thread: Mob density?

Mob density?

What the hell happened to the mob density? I remember back in the day running around Fields of Misery plowing through groups of 30+ mobs, but now it seems the average group is only 4-7 mobs. Why'd they turn down the mob density?

Pretty sure it was an attempt to make all acts viable and equal for farming purposes. It's weird at first, but you get used to it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    Pretty sure it was an attempt to make all acts viable and equal for farming purposes.
    ...Wasn't that the same exact reason for the density change in the first place? Everyone was farming act3 because it had the highest mob density, so they changed the other acts to have higher mob density as well...why'd they nerf all acts to crappy mob density? Makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn up the difficulty if the density is too low for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Turn up the difficulty if the density is too low for you.
    True. T3-T4 seem to have good density, packs around 12-20ish most times, with about 8-10 seconds of movement between them.

Density sucks ass atm. Only act 3 keeps that is viable. They say that advetnure mode and lvl 70 will have a lot higher density. So we can only hope

10+ Year Old Account
    The density is fine, most of the time. Though I find it to be rather random how many mobs there's around, it varies a lot from game to game.

STOP SAYING HIGHERE TORMENT LEVELS GIVES BIGGER DENSITY -,- IT NEVER DID....period...

//

Now with that out, yes density was nerfed across all acts. Most people just think fields etc was filled, but places like the inn act2 sewers, witch are now exploited for chest runs, or the oasis before the sewers also had fuck tons off mobs, and now it feels like 50% off mobs are removed.

I think it was made cause Blizzard wants us to play act5 mainly? Who knows...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Density sucks ass atm.
    You're running solo torment 6, of course?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    STOP SAYING HIGHERE TORMENT LEVELS GIVES BIGGER DENSITY
    Nobody was saying that. The point is, if the density isn't to your liking, make the monsters tougher by running on higher torment. That way you won't need the packs to be as dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're running solo torment 6, of course?

Nobody was saying that. The point is, if the density isn't to your liking, make the monsters tougher by running on higher torment. That way you won't need the packs to be as dense.
    AoE on a single enemy is AoE on a single enemy regardless of difficulty level
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    AoE on a single enemy is AoE on a single enemy regardless of difficulty level
    So, basically, having less density makes the game harder, since you're not dealing as much damage, nor getting as many perks from AoE abilities? That's not a bad thing.

So, basically, having less density makes the game harder, since you're not dealing as much damage, nor getting as many perks from AoE abilities? That's not a bad thing.
    Having less density also makes the game less fun. I do not really play D3 to stand and smack at a single enemy, but to slaughter and smash large groups of mobs. Might as well farm in WoW if I wanted that

Edit: Boss excluded of course, but that's not really comparable

Deleted
    Diablo still has ten times more density and action than for example Path of Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Density sucks ass atm. Only act 3 keeps that is viable. They say that advetnure mode and lvl 70 will have a lot higher density. So we can only hope
    You let me know when you buy the expansion and get to adventure mode at lvl 70? Thanks

Diablo still has ten times more density and action than for example Path of Exile.
    There were certain places in PoE that had pretty hectic density, especially in Act 2. You just needed to find the right spots to farm, and go nuts.

It's the same thing in Diablo, and why everyone's doing snake runs now, it's forced density, and quick, so you'll always have huge groups to plow down and get great experience.