Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Intentionally deceiving other players is considered griefing. If anyone reports you, you're going to get slapped for it. Probably just a couple hour ban and a warning, but if it happened to me I'd report you so fast.

Consequences aside, your friends are terrible people and they make me sick. "Ooo, let's screw someone over for our own personal gain, that's fun."
    Griefing is NOT BANNABLE OR RECOGNIZED BY BLIZZARD.

Scamming is not the same as lying. Scamming players is bannable , killing them is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

Scamming is not the same as lying. Scamming players is bannable , killing them is not.
    Wrong.
    GG no re.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

A few PvP kills of players who are intending to remain PvE but who are "tricked" into PvP is not going to result in an action from Blizzard.

When the activity escalates to zone disruption, harassment, and/or misuse of game mechanics then yes it can result in account action.

For example, persistently standing on someone's fishing lure while flagged, in a PvE realm, will get your account suspended immediately.

Sometimes I despair for the future of mankind

I know this is only a game and i can only hope you are not this horrible a person in real life

Doesn't sound like some clever use of game mechanics, sounds like being jerks, to be honest.

I mean, form and get people for a raid, then basicly summon them to given location to slaughter them in a trap? Going for the weaker equiped maybe a fast coin, but weak in itself to have some do so.

I have seen people do this before, luckily they summoned me and 4 others of my RBG team setup. Was a lovely mess and they scattered fast.

But really, it is a low idea.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

Alright, as far as people commenting on what's bannable and what isn't, I think I'm probably the first person with a decent bit of input so far.

Back in WotLK my friends (and occasionally I) would do a similar thing. One member of the raid would sit in Dalaran and spam trade 'LF1M DPS Sarth10 will summon straight away'. They'd add someone to the raid and summon them to the roof of the Arena in Nagrand where you have to spirit res (or have someone res you). As soon as the person zoned in they'd kick them from the raid and kill them. They did this for a while and they ended up getting some small temp bans (we're talking one or two days) out of it. Whether what you're doing is better or worse in the eyes of blizzard is up to debate. On the one hand you're gaining an in game item reward but you're not making people spirit res.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Sometimes I despair for the future of mankind

I know this is only a game and i can only hope you are not this horrible a person in real life
    Obviously I'm an agile human being who drinks brews to power up my kicking abilities... -__-

How does this work though? Do you queue for a raid finder and summon the players to a place on the timeless isle? Or do you like, form a group to q for raid finder, but instead summon them? o_O

If it's the latter, I seriously doubt this is bannable at all lol. Those who accept the summon without looking at the location they're being summoned to basically agree with them being killed. Even more so if they're playing on a PvP server.
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2014-03-20 at 09:49 AM.

Not "Raid Finder" the thing that queues you for LFR, "Raid Finder" the old group tool that everyone used to use for Vault of Archavon that was fixed up for 5.4. They invite anyone queued for Ordos or Celestials, summon them, kick them, and kill them.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"