Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Adam looking for Eve, a new low in reallife television or beautifull at its core?

So recently one of the Dutch channels has begun a new show called (translated) "Adam looking for Eve".
    A dating show during primetime (20:30-21:30) on normal public cable.

Synopsis:
    2 matched people get put on an island for a day, wearing nothing but their skin. The second day another match comes along, and one of the people has to choose whom to send home after a series of tests, talks and dates.

Now the show features full frontal nudity, but the main focus really isnt on it (its not like they zooming in on booby's and dicks like 3/4th of the time) but still, its full frontal nudity.

What do you think of this? I like the general thought of women being able to see other women and noticeing nobody is Malibu Barby shaped and one could look at it as "a way of showing your nudity is nothing to be ashamed about". On the other hand: Is this really necessary in a dating show?

The show can be watched here aswell to form a opinion of ur own: (its in dutch though, and remember: Probably NSFW)
    http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/_adam-zkt-eva...b-1b1d04359e86

Apparantly that site works only in Holland. These youtube links will work though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1Q...has_verified=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0O...has_verified=1

What do you think of this as a whole? Is it a beautifulll idea? Or is it a new low in reallife television? (or anything in between)
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-03-18 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's not available in the US apparently, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's just as stupid as other reality TV/dating shows.
    I like the irony of calling reality shows "reality" shows. They're so far from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I think its great but something like that wouldnt fly over here due to religion and evil telecom companies ( who would make it available at the reasonable price of 100$ per month bundled with a couple of bad playboy channels)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I bet I know what the snake is going to be!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Huh? I spend my summers wandering around deserted islands naked while beautiful naked women magically appear and fight over me.
    Wait? Where is this island? Does JetBlue land there?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Props for not sporting a boner most of the time.

Deleted
    "Deeze video is alleen beschikbaar in Nederland"

I'm guessing it means "This video is only viewable in the Netherlands". Got any other video link?

Over the course of time humans have shunned anything even similar to morality and this is just another step in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid as any other reality TV series.

So this reality show is essentially nude survivor bachelor cat fight supreme 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So this reality show is essentially nude survivor bachelor cat fight supreme 2014?
    When you put it like that, how can you not watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I like the irony of calling reality shows "reality" shows. They're so far from reality.
    the whole point is that they get the viewer into someone else's reality. in that respect they are reality shows

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    When you put it like that, how can you not watch?
    Oh, trust me, somehow I will end up not watching this one just like every other "reality" tv show.

This is the only reality tv that matters!

I guess there's an Aussie version too, we don't get it here though

but that show...lol...wow, it's amazing the kind of shit going on. I mean there's some skepticism if it's fake...but I'm thinking that's less and less likely having been to some of those places

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well,

To be honest, like all programs this television network broadcasts, once again they failed.
    Its completely retarded and shallow to say the least.
    Girls going about: omg his dick is so big and they wont talk about anything else while they are telling the camera crew about their experience on the island.
    and i can go on with this kind of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You mean you've never found yourself amongst a bunch of carefully selected models and actors stranded on an island or locked in a house full of carefully plotted out skill challenges which are part of a drawn out popularity contest in which you are pulled away from your meaningful career for a chance to compete at winning a prize that is apparently more valuable than your human decency that you have to give up to have any chance of actually winning?

Shit happens to me all the time. Just last week on the way to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the only reality tv that matters!

I guess there's an Aussie version too, we don't get it here though

but that show...lol...wow, it's amazing the kind of shit going on. I mean there's some skepticism if it's fake...but I'm thinking that's less and less likely having been to some of those places
    Canadian Border Security!

Protecting the Canucks from American Rednecks one day at a time!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Canadian Border Security!

Protecting the Canucks from American Rednecks one day at a time!
    You'd be surprised! lol

It's one of those weird vices I guess. You know it's just garbage television, but it's hard to stop watching lol.

ok no more derailing with other reality shows...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-03-18 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    2 partial episodes of the show just to show the "Diversity".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1Q...has_verified=1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0O...has_verified=1

This reminds me of a dating site where only 'beautiful people' can join, which itself had a lot of negative press because pre existing users would either vote you in or out. If you received enough likes then you're welcomed into an elite beautiful dating site, with the aim of finding another beautiful person like yourself. Male members would also donate to the beautiful people's sperm bank because the owner of the company, some Danish guy I think, thought that 'ugly people deserve beautiful people too'.

This show, from what I can see, is of the same approach. I guess the women will vote out the guy with the smaller penis. Disgusting. What has the world come to.
    Not only beautifull people join this. Does seem to be alot of young adults though.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-03-18 at 10:23 PM.

ok no more derailing with other reality shows...
    Reality shows are all so pointless and absurd that the only way to understand them is to compare them to others that have already happened.