10+ Year Old Account

Sony looks to be trying to steal the Oculus Rift's thunder

They've got their own head-mounted VR display in the works.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/18/552...irtual-reality

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Sounds promising and if Sony can make it affordable, I will be all over it. And per Geoff Keightley "Developers who have used Project Morpheus tell me the fidelity of the image and experience is superior to Oculus Rift.". Sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both them and Microsoft have been working on them for years. We already knew this. I don't know why it is suddenly news again.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Sounds promising and if Sony can make it affordable, I will be all over it. And per Geoff Keightley "Developers who have used Project Morpheus tell me the fidelity of the image and experience is superior to Oculus Rift.". Sweet.
    That's wouldn't be difficult. The dev kit Oculus is rather low resolution. I believe they're still planning for the consumer version to be 1920x1080, i.e. 4 times the dev kit's display resolution.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Both them and Microsoft have been working on them for years. We already knew this. I don't know why it is suddenly news again.
    Because Sony just did an official release at GDC, instead of the rumors and leaks that everyone has been aware of for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks more appealing than oculus rift for me, in looks of appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only show this when I was in Taiwan.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...175557_534.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...175625_456.jpg

I lost the spec sheet thingy I had. =\

This was(is?) $1000~ though. Question is if it's this or something more affordable.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-03-19 at 07:49 AM.

VR to me is like 3D. Just something I'm flat out not interested in. I like to be immersed in a video game. But I don't want to "live" a video game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the Virtual Boy making a comeback:

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    VR to me is like 3D. Just something I'm flat out not interested in. I like to be immersed in a video game. But I don't want to "live" a video game though.
    I'm interested in it, but I need to see something that actually works well with it, just like the movement craze. I don't need to play virtual golf or virtually go bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the same way that PS Move and Kinect tried to steal the Wii's thunder...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥