New to PvP and very unsure - "The I need help" edition.

Hello.

I am relatively new to all of this, and I need help. I am playing as a combat rogue, and I enjoy to do Battlegrounds and then some casual arena with friends. I play as combat, and I feel comfortable with this, spec, so I am not really wanting to change it, but I am a bit new to all this reforging and regemming business, so I wondered if anyone might want to take a moment to help me with this?

I fear I may have gemmed and reforged all my items wrong, and my talents might be off as well.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ruvir/advanced This is my armory.

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

Naruvir

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more additional question.

I am not a very good player as such. Would assassination possibly be a better choice for me, for casual PvP?

Deleted
    Hey.

Check the colors of sockets you have in your armor and match the color of your gems, for example for yellow sockets use yellow, orange or green gem (not sure how new are you, so forgive me if you find this tip insulting ^^).
    Your stat priority for pvp is hit 3% > expertise 3% > agility > mastery > pvp power > haste > crit. The reason for this is that mastery helps you generate the extra energy from main gauche procs using combat potency and it can proc during killing spree as well resulting in even greater burst.
    This means that you gem:
    Pure agility into red sockets - Delicate Primordial Ruby
    Agi - mastery into yellow sockets - Adept Vermillion Onyx
    Agi - PvP power into blue sockets - Assassin Imperial Amethyst

As for reforges, you don't need that much hit in pvp, 3% is all you need. If you check your character pane and mouseover hit chance, you will see that the miss chance for abilities against level 90 targets without any hit is 3%. It's quite useless to go for any more hit in pvp, white attacks are not the main source of damage in pvp and you would need to sacrifice a lot of stats to get hit capped on white attacks.
    Similar to above, reforge all hit above 3% to mastery, all expertise above 3% to mastery, all crit into mastery. That's it.

Speaking from own experience, feel free to correct me on any point.

As for assassination, it's not usual choice for pvp, but as for casual pvp you can play whatever you like, not like anyone can tell you.

I think this might mean I have bought all wrong PvP gear then :S I bought gear with haste on it, so should I change spec?

Oh I am so lost and confuzed now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullip View Post
    I think this might mean I have bought all wrong PvP gear then :S I bought gear with haste on it, so should I change spec?

Oh I am so lost and confuzed now
    Nah not really, most of your gear has the right stats for you, just reforge and regem and you should be okay. For most part there is not really much choice when deciding which one to buy, for example cloak is haste / crit or mastery / hit, in that case you will most often use the haste / crit more even though the second one has mastery.

The secondary stats are all useful, the only one which is total waste is hit over 3%, so even though crit is on bottom of your stat priorities, it will still give you more damage. And if you are not really into the min-maxing thing and just do PvP casually, the difference should be negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pullip View Post
    Hello.

I am relatively new to all of this, and I need help. I am playing as a combat rogue, and I enjoy to do Battlegrounds and then some casual arena with friends. I play as combat, and I feel comfortable with this, spec, so I am not really wanting to change it, but I am a bit new to all this reforging and regemming business, so I wondered if anyone might want to take a moment to help me with this?

I fear I may have gemmed and reforged all my items wrong, and my talents might be off as well.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ruvir/advanced This is my armory.

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

Naruvir

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more additional question.

I am not a very good player as such. Would assassination possibly be a better choice for me, for casual PvP?
    You'd be better off going Sub, but if you insist on playing combat (i strongly suggest against it as combat is all about your burst then you afk until your cds come back up) you need to replace your last talent with mark as provides a lot of CC/Damage capabilities.

Hey friend. If you want to play Combat. I suggest you take a look at this player's Armory
    Woundmanlol on Blackrock US

He's a great player that focuses mainly on Combat. He also streams if you're interested in checking out 'how' he plays.

As many people have suggested though, I suggest you focus on Subtlety. It's a very powerful spec with lots of utility and on demand damage.

Te only pieces you've got that are wrong are your:
    Belt - consider replacing it with the Mastery/Crt Belt.
    Cape - There's a Mastery/Hit Cape you can get.

For Sub, You gem straight Agi in all sockets- But your shoulders/Chest piece. Where you use Adept's Vermillion Onyx (80agi 160mastery Orange Gem)
    Enchants, take a look at my armory
    Sativ on Korgath US
    Excuse my unenchanted cape. You go 180 Critical Strike there.

I post a lot of fantastic Informational Videos on Youtube. Feel free to check out my Youtube Channel

Just type Sativ Rogue into the search bar. My Channel's name is SusejFTW

I'm always willing to help so, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Sub in PvP ^_^

Deleted
    If you are new, you should start with Assasination, easiest spec by far. Combat is a bit harder and boring as hell, while as Sub you really need to prove your skill but you also get the best results ...