Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm currently playing just with basic cards and trying to decide on whether to spend my coins on arena or straight out card packs. And while it's not impressive I easily managed getting to rank 17 with a shaman deck built on basic cards. But yeah sometimes you will get a streak of games where you face off against decks packed with legendaries, thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well legendary cards are kinda broken. They should put a limitation of legendary allowed per deck at low level tier.
    They're absolutely not. Most legendaries are entirely situational. The best cards in the game are rares and epics by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    <-Am new player
    <-Have not spent a cent
    <-Am enjoying game
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    People think you get to lvl10 on a character, not open a single booster and they are suddenly equipped enough to play in competitive play?
    Its the WoW equivalent of showing up to a raid in quest greens.
    If I recall correctly I reached rank 18 with basic deck without editing the deck the first time the numbered system released; right now I don't know if I'm capable of that. The game mind set is too competitive. It doesn't have any just for fun modes. I think OP exaggerates, he may not have the patience to learn the game, however there is some truth in what he says.

Playing ranked games helped a lot. Im on a winning streak again ... must be a better matchup in that system.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Just the way this game works.

Want to advance in Rank when you first play? Spend cash
    Hard to say that's how the game works as the biggest issue causing this is the fact they let everyone keep what they got in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Hearthstone is a game based on two things: rng and cash

stay away from it
    this and the OP have the typical reaction from people who are used to be carried! Put the blame of your own faults into the game!!

Yes you will loose a lot! yes you will need to learn the game, yes you will need to get some gold and buy packs, yes it will take a lot of time...

as in most games skill is what matters the most! cards are important but you do not need a high cost deck to be competitive! that is also the beauty of RNG, it allows you to take advantages where in theory you would have none!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    People think you get to lvl10 on a character, not open a single booster and they are suddenly equipped enough to play in competitive play?
    Its the WoW equivalent of showing up to a raid in quest greens.
    Yeah and that's why WoW has relevant content for all gear levels.
    HS doesn't, because it's p2w and purposely wants to put players in uneven conditions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, my roomie just started playing Hearthstone yesterday, hasn't spent a dime, and is progressing through ranks just fine.

Though honestly the average player isn't supposed to get to legendary rank, or rank too fast in general. You're supposed to grind a bit, play, earn cards, make stronger decks, climb ranks.

to the people who say that it takes forever to get to legendary and that is boring to loose I just ask where is the fun to just win?
    the fact that the game takes a bit to learn and that it takes fairly long to reach a high rank is part of the fun! makes feel your achievements worth something!

If you can't go into the mindset of "I lost but this is a learning experience thing" or "I need to play more to be better" than clearly this is not the game for you!

Deleted
    I've gotten to rank 15 with all common cards, don't see your point.
    Learn 2 build.

Quote Originally Posted by appe View Post
    Hi -
    Its impossible for a new player to play Heartstone and advance in ranks. What was/is Blizzard thinking?
    As soon as i enter a match im directly matched up with a legendary player who toys with me for 10 min and then just finish me of in one strike with his/hers epic and legendary cards, i have not a chance on earth to win.

I find it disturbing that to be able to win you have to buy your way to all the "fancy" cards. Why not just put all the professionals in one group and us noobs in one?
    All you're going to get is ppl going "welcome to card games" when in reality good TCgs aren't like Hearthstone. yugioh has become pay to win though. Others like MTG arent, they still rely on your own skill. Hearthstone was made to get Blizz cash, thats why they went from the WoWtcg to this.

If you really want to play, you just have to deal with losing and enjoy those games where you do win.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah and that's why WoW has relevant content for all gear levels.
    HS doesn't, because it's p2w and purposely wants to put players in uneven conditions.
    because doing heroic dungeons while all other players completely outgear the place is relevant content...
    and calling it P2W is just a demonstration of how biased you are...

I'm perfectly convinced that if you buy 100$ of packs it won't really improve you winning rate. More, me and my 0$ decks will still wipe the floor with you!

spending $$ can be a shortcut to get some more cards but you can easily get them by playing 30 mins per day!

calling it P2W is just a justification for your own failure...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2014-03-19 at 05:52 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    and again, multiple streamers proved that reaching legend with common/basic quality cards only is possible given enough time. Actually, time is the biggest factor in the ladder, much more influent than the actual decks
    Last edited by S7orm; 2014-03-19 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    All you're going to get is ppl going "welcome to card games" when in reality good TCgs aren't like Hearthstone. yugioh has become pay to win though. Others like MTG arent, they still rely on your own skill. Hearthstone was made to get Blizz cash, thats why they went from the WoWtcg to this.

If you really want to play, you just have to deal with losing and enjoy those games where you do win.
    WTF? did you ever play magic without spending $$? what did you do? printed the cards yourself? LOL
    MTG is more p2w than hearthstone will ever be!

It isn't impossible, just play zerg decks. You can make several decks that have fair degrees of effectiveness with only the basic cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    now ppl complain abt free 90s in wow as a p2w? not in the slightest.

HS is a p2w.

give HS your money and ull b fine.

I believe Trump proved this wrong when he created an EU account and played a mage with only cards he got through gold and crafting. HS is one part the cards you and your opponent have, two parts what you draw and one part how you use said cards. All the rare cards in the game won't help him if doesn't draw them or draws them after you've achieved board dominance.

Just like any card game you must LEARN how to play it. This "I must win all the time off the bat" attitude won't work. You want to get better?

Practice, watch the streams of veteran players. I'm only at rank 15 but I've never spent a real cent on cards and last I checked Trump vids he was already in the Legendary rankings.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Get a rush deck, like murloc rush. They are inexpensive and pretty good to climb the ladder to about 10.
    Murlocs... absolute nightmare when you cant do shit, sometimes depending on RnG ofc.

The fact is, even if it was impossible to spend $$ on the game to get cards, you would still be crushed by other people who play the game for 10 hours a day and have all the cards possible! paying cash $$ only reduces time you spend on the grind for cards but does not give you an understanding of the game mechanics and make you win!

You must choose what kind of person you are...
    1 - someone who just has a pretty collection of cards...
    2 - someone who actually the knows how to play the game...

and getting 1 is easy with just paying $$ but 2 takes effort and a LOT and LOT of losses!
    Last edited by elderamy; 2014-03-19 at 06:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    because doing heroic dungeons while all other players completely outgear the place is relevant content...
    So what? Is there or isn't there appropriate content for green geared wow players? A group of green geared guys can go there and have fun, can't they?

and calling it P2W is just a demonstration of how biased you are...
    Calling out facts is not bias. Gathering a decent pack without paying takes months. Or you can fork out some $$. That's pretty hard to call anything but p2w.

calling it P2W is just a justification for your own failure...
    What failure, lol? I quit playing HS when I realized it takes too long to get decent cards (I refused to pay) and even then I won't win if rng screws me over. So I can pay and build decks that are less prone to rng, that's so fun. Well, not for me.