Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Better? Only I could find :d
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobram View Post
    That map makes no sense if you look at which country is a third world country. It only shows which countries supported either the Russian team and the American team and which stayed neutral.
    Which is the origin of the terms "first world", "second world", and "third world".

I said in the second reply right under the map: "This is by standard definition, though (cold war alliances)", which is the proper technical and academic definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobram View Post
    That map makes no sense if you look at which country is a third world country. It only shows which countries supported either the Russian team and the American team and which stayed neutral.

Besides, what is a third world country? What about a smaller area that could fit in as a "third world area"?
    So many variables that I can't see the question anymore.
    That's what First, Second, and Third World means.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Haha... I love how one guy brings up the definitions of First, Second and Third World and suddenly people with zero clue jump on him.

OP, you should have used today's definitions if you wanted a discussion about "poor countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country

In contrast to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

Knowing the definitions of developed vs developing countries is like 4th grade material.

Deleted
    tbh id like to go to a fourth world and start digging for artifacts

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im from Bangladesh and wouldn't mind living there as my family there are rich.

-Personal driver
    -Servants
    -Guards
    -Luxury flat
    -Air conditioner
    -Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Haha... I love how one guy brings up the definitions of First, Second and Third World and suddenly people with zero clue jump on him.

OP, you should have used today's definitions if you wanted a discussion about "poor countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country

In contrast to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

Knowing the definitions of developed vs developing countries is like 4th grade material.
    He went with a really old definition of 3rd world countries. Today its mostly economic. Poor developing countries that probably have weak governments are 3rd world countries (subsaharan Africa, some Central and South American countries, some Southeast Asian countries), first world countries are like the US, Europe, Japan, China, Canada and 2nd world are somewhere in between. I consider Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India, and South Africa and others like them to be 2nd world countries.

If I was going to choose a 3rd world country to live in, it would have to be safe but I would have no problem living on an estate in the jungle or the desert or some wilderness where no one bothers me and I can get food really cheap. Probably somewhere in South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    He went with a really old definition of 3rd world countries. Today its mostly economic. Poor developing countries that probably have weak governments are 3rd world countries (subsaharan Africa, some Central and South American countries, some Southeast Asian countries), first world countries are like the US, Europe, Japan, China, Canada and 2nd world are somewhere in between. I consider Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India, and South Africa and others like them to be 2nd world countries.

If I was going to choose a 3rd world country to live in, it would have to be safe but I would have no problem living on an estate in the jungle or the desert or some wilderness where no one bothers me and I can get food really cheap. Probably somewhere in South America.
    I think countries are defined by how the general population has it, which is why China isn't a first world country.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    You do know there are no more 3rd countries, right? Do you even know what 3rd world country means?

Do you know that Switzerland or Austria, Sweden for example were 3rd world countries when the world was divided into 3 groups? They are one of the best countries to live in atm.

Deleted
    The old definitions are the only definitions. Any other understandings are just interpretations of the old definitions into post Cold war concepts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend much of my year in Mexico already. In my business, you really can't ignore the potential there if you want to remain on top.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2014-03-19 at 05:30 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I have no idea. Personally I wish all the 3rd world people would die but hey, maybe that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    tbh id like to go to a fourth world and start digging for artifacts
    Gotta be edgy huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Im from Bangladesh and wouldn't mind living there as my family there are rich.

-Personal driver
    -Servants
    -Guards
    -Luxury flat
    -Air conditioner
    -Generator
    using that new map posted, I say this answer, except choose the Philippines.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    I already live in a third world country.
    F*ck Brazil...

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no "new definitions." People associate wealth with first world nations and poverty with 3rd world nations, but it has nothing to do with those things. Calling Brazil "second world," for example, makes no sense, since that would suggest that Brazil was aligned with the Soviet Union.

Calling it a BRICSA nation makes sense. Calling Costa Rica a developing nation makes sense. Calling someone out on using the correct definitions of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world does not.

Deleted
    Thailand or China, not sure the latter can be counted as 3rd world, at least not in the cities of today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Thailand or China, not sure the latter can be counted as 3rd world, at least not in the cities of today.
    China is second world.

Deleted
    A really really poor one, and one where I could influence people with my superior intelligence and make them my slaves and live in a palace with slave servants!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unemployed in Greenland.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a brazilian living in Europe last 10 years, I would definitively pick Brazil, specially southern states in the country or Natal in the northeast.

Second option maybe South Africa, or a Caribbean island.

I would not go to Asia for any money in the world.