Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    It doesnt take long though (after getting as much 496 gear as you can) to grind up 20000 coins (I just got this on my new boosted rogue in 2 days) for the 496 weapon (or in my rogues case - 2x 10000 coin daggers).
    the same time frame you could have gotten the 522 pvp wep but meh to each his own.

    i really do hate the isle lol

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Cassidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    the same time frame you could have gotten the 522 pvp wep but meh to each his own.

    i really do hate the isle lol
    I take your point - but I just don't do PVP much at all. I have done in the past - but currently its just not on my radar.

    However, while farming these 20000 coins I was doing the quests on the isle. By the time I finished all the quests including the 50 quest items, using the device in SoO, handing back in - I was at around 17000 coins. I only had to "farm" another 2000 coins or so.

    I know what you mean about the isle though - I think it is good but gets boring VERY fast. I generally do the 200vp quest on a few characters each week, and sometimes wait till I cap VP on a toon before doing it on others so I get a nice 300vp for it but once you have done the questchain on the isle there is very little else to do apart from coin farming it has little to offer me after that. I probably WILL farm the 50000 coins over the next few weeks as it is worth getting the trinket but its not "enjoyable".
    Last edited by Cassidin; 2014-03-20 at 03:05 PM.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I take your point - but I just don't do PVP much at all. I have done in the past - but currently its just not on my radar.

    However, while farming these 20000 coins I was doing the quests on the isle. By the time I finished all the quests including the 50 quest items, using the device in SoO, handing back in - I was at around 17000 coins. I only had to "farm" another 2000 coins or so.

    I know what you mean about the isle though - I think it is good but gets boring VERY fast. I generally do the 200vp quest on a few characters each week, and sometimes wait till I cap VP on a toon before doing it on others so I get a nice 300vp for it but once you have done the questchain on the isle there is very little else to do apart from coin farming it has little to offer me after that. I probably WILL farm the 50000 coins over the next few weeks as it is worth getting the trinket but its not "enjoyable".
    I'm curious, How many coins did you get from the device quest? i swear i always forget to do that quest lol

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Cassidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I'm curious, How many coins did you get from the device quest? i swear i always forget to do that quest lol
    1000 coins

    Add that to the coins from killing rares as they come up, the quest for 200 items (another 1000 coins) the original quest for 1 item (1000 coins) the quest for 20 elites (1000 coins), the treasure quest from the pile of mud on the beach (1000 coins), the quest for 5 rares (1000), a few others give 1000 too I think and some give less. Of course over 2 days I did the 20 elites twice so thats at least around 10000+ I think just from quests. Some of the rares give a lot of coins and these were killed while doing the other quests. Im not saying its not a grind at all - of course it is - but getting the 20000k weapon doesnt take MUCH longer than just doing the original questline and first daily/weekly on the isle. As you would likely be doing that just to get the 496 armor tokens, I still think its much faster than the 522 PVP weapon (although that would be a much better weapon of course)

  5. #25
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    1000 coins

    Add that to the coins from killing rares as they come up, the quest for 200 items (another 1000 coins) the original quest for 1 item (1000 coins) the quest for 20 elites (1000 coins), the treasure quest from the pile of mud on the beach (1000 coins), the quest for 5 rares (1000), a few others give 1000 too I think and some give less. Of course over 2 days I did the 20 elites twice so thats at least around 10000+ I think just from quests. Some of the rares give a lot of coins and these were killed while doing the other quests. Im not saying its not a grind at all - of course it is - but getting the 20000k weapon doesnt take MUCH longer than just doing the original questline and first daily/weekly on the isle. As you would likely be doing that just to get the 496 armor tokens, I still think its much faster than the 522 PVP weapon (although that would be a much better weapon of course)
    Fair enough
    I think i have like 80k+ coins doing nothing on my hunter lol
    I end up going out there and killing the celest and ordos + a few rares then i leave for the week and don't come back lol

    I would just like to add that the celest's have been bastards to me for 2 weeks now - I want more prideful!!!!

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    I boosted my Hunter to 90 and I am grinding on Timeless Isle for ilvl496 upgrades, the questlines, and, frankly, to learn my rotation in a place where I can only get myself killed

    Is Beastmaster the best for this? It seems like if I have a tank pet and keep Mend Pet on him 100% of the time and use the Bond a Mend Pet glyphs he is really hard to kill. But I do kill Timeless mobs pretty slowly.

    Are the other specs better? Or is safe and slow my best bet while I learn and get better gear?

    Thanks.
    Timeless Isle is rather hard whe you are alone and your gearscore is low, try to find others who are doing the quests or guildies. I have never been BM so I would not know, I am Surv myself. I do know that I was struggling there myself, I then went there with my shaman instead to get the gear for my hunter and send it over ^^

  7. #27
    It is best to go at off times or have a buddy from a low pop sever group with you. Coin farmers are going crazy right now with all of the boosties.

  8. #28
    I use a tenacity spirit beast. Except on mobs that hurt me less than my pet. The blue fire spirits and Garnia spring to mind. Go to where the mobs are challenging, but killable. Generally, the higher the mob, the higher the chance it has to drop quest items or timeless armor pieces. Know the rares in the area. And know which rares take time to kill (brew, evermaw, ship, giant you will have time to make it there). When you see one, call it out and wait 30-60 seconds for someone to respond or show up (unless someone else pulls, then tag). Some of the rares aren't in set locations, but will spawn as a replacement for 'normal' versions. Like the Monstrous Spineclaw, there's 9 in close proximity to the alliance landing, and I've had the rare spawn in many of those spots.

    As a hunter, your pets give you an advantage against several types of mobs that are normally much harder. I'm thinking of the giant fire elementals (including cinderfall) and the Ordon Kiln guys. Your pet will take reduced damage because their main (or only) attacks are aoe. For the giant fire elementals, just stand at max range. A few feet closer and you'll get hit. Mend pet when its in range, don't panic when it's not. For kiln masters, just make sure you aren't behind your pet. If you're in a rep group, then your pet tanking will let your group do the kiln masters.

    Like other people have said, use the island buffs. Three types of food, food off the ground, mini-shrine buffs (dragon, tiger, or crane), and the void crystal (keep opening crystals in blue fire cave until you get one). Don't use your food if you're dying a lot (including for blood coins) and you don't have a lot. Pandaren treasure noodles are good to chow on too. Remember the food on the ground if you're taking damage from mobs (or even players). A few turtle eggs or a red crystal, etc, will heal you right up. Ashleaf sprites drop a healing item too, with no potion cooldown. Crabs drop an item that lowers your aggro radius (to very very small).

  9. #29
    honestly I'm not sure the 20k weapon is worth it
    for 20k coins you can get 20 mogu charms
    there are iirc 3 ToT bosses that drop 502 weapon for hunters, tortos, iron quon and durumu, all of them the first boss in their wing, with the increased drop chances there is a pretty good chance you will get a ToT lfr weapon when doing it and using coins

    of course the timeless weapon is 100% at 20k coins and you can get it solo

  10. #30
    OP, in case you weren't aware, Misdirection is off the GCD and can be macro'd to Mend Pet. This is especially useful if you have the Misdirect glyph.


    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast Mend Pet
    /cast [target=focus, exists][target=pet, exists] Misdirection


    If you have a focus target, your misdirect aggro will go to them, if not it will default to your pet. Mend Pet gets cast regardless.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-03-21 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Had the abilities backwards. Was MD off GCD, not MP.

  11. #31
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,444
    works but it's misdirect off the GCD not Mend Pet
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire FreddyLee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    378
    Take an Albatross from the stairs at the celestials, all the way around to the back of Ordos's sanctuary. From there (just to the left of the actual sanctuary on the map) kill your Albatross to get off. Up there is a chest that always contains a Burden of Eternity, and usually 2 - 3 496 tokens.

    Easiest piece of 535 gear you will ever get.

    Then my personal thing for new characters is to spend the coins on Kurkuru's chests (spelling) for the chance of more Burdens.
    Last edited by FreddyLee; 2014-03-21 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

  13. #33
    If you want to farm on the Isle you'll have to learn to kite, interrupt or abuse line of sight for some enemies, since they will tear through your pet quickly (caster elementals and frogs with their debuff). Others require no strategy, for hunters in particular (and other pet classes) you can go for Kilnmasters even at very low gear levels. They will only charge if you over-aggro (which shouldn't happen with Feign Death and Misdirection) and otherwise do nothing but a cone attack that your pet will barely notice. Molten Guardians are also very easily tanked by pets, but have more health and will occasionally dish out a long narrow cone attack to you that really hurts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    But my point was that there is no downside to using a Tank spec pet in this situation. At his gear ilv he won't even notice the dps difference and with the high threat abilities of the tank pet, it will allow him to be " lazy " with the micro managing.

    Cause we all know how interesting and fun the isle is
    The only extra threat a tenacity pet does is Thunderstomp, which is a very weak AoE threat ability. A ferocity pet would be my first pick, just because it does more DPS. You'll need to use Misdirection regardless of pet spec, so might as well pick the one that does the most damage and chose the pet that gives you the best buff (Wolf mostly). Tenacity pets have more healing taken, more health and a defensive cooldown (on a 6 minute cooldown). But from my experience on the Isle, something either does practically no damage (AoE abilities) or hits so hard that it's mostly unhealable to begin with (summoned Golems). The Golems in particular are something to watch out for when you macro Misdirection to another ability, because you want to avoid having it up when it's spawning.

  14. #34
    The Patient GoKs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Take an Albatross from the stairs at the celestials, all the way around to the back of Ordos's sanctuary. From there (just to the left of the actual sanctuary on the map) kill your Albatross to get off. Up there is a chest that always contains a Burden of Eternity, and usually 2 - 3 496 tokens.

    Easiest piece of 535 gear you will ever get.

    Then my personal thing for new characters is to spend the coins on Kurkuru's chests (spelling) for the chance of more Burdens.
    Is that where Garnia spawns or the other left =P?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Is that where Garnia spawns or the other left =P?
    It is the far left (if you are facing the Ordos room) area. Just Camo and run in, the 2 elementals do not aggro if you hug the wall when opening chest.

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    If you want to farm on the Isle you'll have to learn to kite, interrupt or abuse line of sight for some enemies, since they will tear through your pet quickly (caster elementals and frogs with their debuff). Others require no strategy, for hunters in particular (and other pet classes) you can go for Kilnmasters even at very low gear levels. They will only charge if you over-aggro (which shouldn't happen with Feign Death and Misdirection) and otherwise do nothing but a cone attack that your pet will barely notice. Molten Guardians are also very easily tanked by pets, but have more health and will occasionally dish out a long narrow cone attack to you that really hurts.



    The only extra threat a tenacity pet does is Thunderstomp, which is a very weak AoE threat ability. A ferocity pet would be my first pick, just because it does more DPS. You'll need to use Misdirection regardless of pet spec, so might as well pick the one that does the most damage and chose the pet that gives you the best buff (Wolf mostly). Tenacity pets have more healing taken, more health and a defensive cooldown (on a 6 minute cooldown). But from my experience on the Isle, something either does practically no damage (AoE abilities) or hits so hard that it's mostly unhealable to begin with (summoned Golems). The Golems in particular are something to watch out for when you macro Misdirection to another ability, because you want to avoid having it up when it's spawning.
    You missed the whole point, at his gear lv he won't be attacking said golems or ordos mobs. so the extra dps you speak of isn't that important.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral Kissthebaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    You missed the whole point, at his gear lv he won't be attacking said golems or ordos mobs. so the extra dps you speak of isn't that important.
    Listen to this guy, he's a timeless isle all star

    kissthebaby#1726

  18. #38
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Listen to this guy, he's a timeless isle all star
    why not contribute if you know better? instead of mocking.

    at least i'm helping.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    It doesnt take long though (after getting as much 496 gear as you can) to grind up 20000 coins (I just got this on my new boosted rogue in 2 days) for the 496 weapon (or in my rogues case - 2x 10000 coin daggers).
    I know. It's just that in 20 or 30 mins you can run around and loot the chests and you'll have, probably, several 496 pieces. That's what i'd do first since it will make everything else that much easier.

  20. #40
    The Patient GoKs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    292
    Well I hit 496 yesterday so beye beye timless isle!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •