Thread: Triple Spec

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Triple Spec

    What do you think about a third spec option for Druids being added in WoD? Do you think its fair for only druids to get it? Do you think it is unfair that Druids are currently forced to forgo 2 specs while other classes are only forced to lose 1?

  2. #2
    Been discussed to death dozens of times. Would be awesome but will likely never happen. For whatever reason Blizz is stuck on this respeccing makes your talent choices meaningful which is a load of crap but meh.

    Signature Created by Sonridor

  3. #3
    Immortal Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,024
    Blizz just need to make it like Pet specs (i.e. able to switch specs whenever), solves all the problems for everyone.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Kalium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere and nowhere... all at once... though it's not important.
    Posts
    481
    I wish they'd do away with specs all together... just let the bars change out like when you switch stances/forms/presences/etc. With shared cooldowns and a resource cost to switch in mid-fight... it shouldn't be advantageous to constantly switch. It does however, make it important that you know the full capabilities of your class... to me that would make for much more compelling gameplay.

  5. #5
    There was some indication from GC a while back that they were thinking about allowing the UI to at least save a 3rd spec. So while you would still have to visit a trainer and pay for it you wouldn't have to completely redo your interface. No news on that in a long time though.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,213
    Well there's no sane reason for Tri Spec not to happen at some point in the (hopefully) near future so hopefully we'll see it in the future.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Well there's no sane reason for Tri Spec not to happen at some point in the (hopefully) near future so hopefully we'll see it in the future.
    Well you have to realize the real reason for dual spec was to allow people to PvP easier. The secondary effect of allowing PvE hybrids to change specs in an instance was probably an unwelcome side effect. Given that, it is extremely unlikely we will see Trispec. However there is no reason to not allow people to save additional specs in the UI. That is just wasted busy work and hassle that players should not have to do.

  8. #8
    Stance change between balance and resto would be awesome

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,448
    It's awesome, I really like it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    There was some indication from GC a while back that they were thinking about allowing the UI to at least save a 3rd spec. So while you would still have to visit a trainer and pay for it you wouldn't have to completely redo your interface. No news on that in a long time though.
    Even more recently, GC commented that if the MoP model of how talents work had been in the game before they implemented dual-spec, that it was likely they would have never even done that much. If that is still a reflection of their current thinking, and given their historical resistance to the idea, then the likelihood of them expanding to even more specs is effectively zero.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  11. #11
    My main spec is moonkin, with ilvl577, OS is guardian with ilvl572 but i have 4x tier set for feral and resto and with gear I have simple reforge and changing few gem would solve issues with lack of master, haste, spirit and what ever stat i need... And given the fact that I play on semi dead realm thats not going to be connect in the near future I have to take at least 3 roles from time to time... So I hope to get at least 1 more spec as option
    Last edited by markos82; 2014-03-20 at 12:01 PM.

  12. #12
    I'd like the option. Jack of all trades for Druids.

  13. #13
    The fact that we have access to four specs is a huge bonus it in itself. Asking for more is just overkill.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  14. #14
    What a fresh and innovative idea! They aren't forced to forgo 2 specs they are just "forced" to pick 2 that they can switch from at that current time. It takes very little time to switch and there is no real limitations unfairly being put on druids because they have 2 active specs at a time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    The fact that we have access to four specs is a huge bonus it in itself. Asking for more is just overkill.
    Going to 4 specs from 3 was a nerf to the class. Many non druid players saw a 4th spec and got pissed because druids were getting more specs. When really feral was split making it a little less useful then the new guardian/feral specs. Less was more, but with peoples addiction to numbers everybody sees a forth spec and 4 is bigger then 3 so now magically druids have more.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Going to 4 specs from 3 was a nerf to the class. Many non druid players saw a 4th spec and got pissed because druids were getting more specs. When really feral was split making it a little less useful then the new guardian/feral specs. Less was more, but with peoples addiction to numbers everybody sees a forth spec and 4 is bigger then 3 so now magically druids have more.
    Well, yes. 4 is bigger than 3 and Druids HAVE more. That's fairly obvious. And the only actual nerf is probably to the hybrid capabilities of the Feral class. But tanks shouldn't be dpsing midfight and dps shouldn't be tanking midfight outside of very gimmicky encounters, so I think it was good of Blizzard to separate those two.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  16. #16
    The spec changing is archaic and just extra bloat. If people want to change specs to play different specs they will and you're just adding extra hassle by making them go to a trainer and do so. It also makes me require an extra addon to manage the bars for those specs.

    Honestly I rather just have it save my bars atleast so if I go from Balance -> Resto and maybe want to play around with feral I dont have to get ActionBarSaver everytime. Honestly the system is more of a hindrance than anything.

    What's the point of having to go to a trainer to respec? Besides being a gold sink and hindrance? Not sure if I missed blizzard "philosophical" stance on that or not.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Well, yes. 4 is bigger than 3 and Druids HAVE more. That's fairly obvious. And the only actual nerf is probably to the hybrid capabilities of the Feral class. But tanks shouldn't be dpsing midfight and dps shouldn't be tanking midfight outside of very gimmicky encounters, so I think it was good of Blizzard to separate those two.
    Are 5 pennies worth more then 1 nickle? 5 is more then 1 right?
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  18. #18
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Won't happen. The idea of specs might be removed at some point and you'll be able to switch to any one you want without visiting a trainer, but the whine if they allowed three specs just for druids would be endless. And the whine if they gave everyone three specs but didn't give four to druids would also be endless.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  19. #19
    This is why I have 2 druids

  20. #20
    I use the action bar saver addon, and with the subscriber-only best-in-bag feature on AMR the biggest obstacle to having four specs is bag space and the L2P-factor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •