Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Here is another ignorant and illiterate person, stating personal opinion as fact. Example for the first post.
    People want me to accept your ignorance and have a "serious" conversation. I can't.
    So where is your proof that the big bang is real? So where is my proof that i was a goo of plastic had i lived 1 million years ago.

Indications are not proof. As much as science proves a thing it does the opposite. We can't say how we got to be, cause we weren't there when i happened. Have to do some guessing. - Or just believe.
    Last edited by mmoc818e8c0ca4; 2014-03-21 at 08:57 AM.

I don't find it hard at all. All of my friends/family members and most of my colleagues are intelligent people. Am I lucky?
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    For the people shooting this guy down, he's got a point.
    It does you no good to be all paranoid and conspiracy theorist, it does in fact make you look like an idiot unless you have the background to at least substantiate some of these claims.

The reason why it's hard to find "smart" people for you is likely because you have different interests to them. Talk to engineers, computer scientists, biologists, vets, doctors, these are all very smart people, but then again theres some idiots in those fields as well. Likewise, tradespersons will come in all sorts of IQ levels, so don't be quick to judge.
    See what you did there? Rather quick judging. Can a religious person be intelligent?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I still love you Haxxartus. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    So where is your proof that the big bang is real?
    Cosmic microwave background and the redshift-distance relation. CMB was predicted in 1946 and discovered in 1964, earning a Nobel Prize for the astronomers who found it in 1978.
    By studying the CMB we found out that there is a thing needed for the theory to work, which is called Inflation and describes a period when space expanded much faster than light. The Inflation then predicted the existence of inflationary gravitational waves, which were discovered a few days ago and will possibly earn a Nobel Prize for the people who found them, basically confirming the Inflation and putting the last major piece of the puzzle.
    This is a very simplified explanation of a rather complicated scientific framework, which requires at least a few undergraduate physics and math courses to understand. You don't have the right to critique it if you don't have the capabilities to understand it. Doing so makes you look ignorant and stupid.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-03-21 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Cosmic microwave background and the redshift-distance relation. CMB was predicted in 1946 and discovered in 1964, earning a Nobel Prize for the astronomers who found it in 1978.
    By studying the CMB we found out that there is a thing needed for the theory to work, which is called Inflation and describes a period when space expanded much faster than light. The Inflation then predicted the existence of inflationary gravitational waves, which were discovered a few days ago and will possibly earn a Nobel Prize for the people who found them, basically confirming the Inflation and putting the last major piece of the puzzle.
    You do know he's going to use "THE THEORY" answer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You do know he's going to use "THE THEORY" answer, right?
    And people blame me when I directly put people like him in the "stupid" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    The evening mingling and gala dinner was just as other dinner parties, with the difference that no one talked to me about where they were on holiday or about the weather, sports , or their new house. They talked about the financial crisis , about personality types, about the best novels , and astrophysics, you get the deal.
    Oh god, that sounds like heaven. Maybe god exists after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be very careful, or you'll never know when you're staring at Van Gogh's ear.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi