Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    After recently beginning BBC's Musketeers tv show, and seeing how well their costumes were all i could think was "wow this reminds me of AC so much" that im glad to hear its in Paris. Though that screenshot looks a little further in time than the Musketeers though, perhaps Napoleon or later. I wouldve thought the Revolution theme died out at AC3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    French Revolution? The Enlightenment? You know, the chain of events that created the entire modern world and pulled humanity out of the Middle Ages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    As i said, im not great at history. Kinda forgot about the revolution and Napoleon completely.
    10char.....

Cool. AC4 was pretty good so definitely looking forward to the next AC. Also France is a really interesting choice overall for the next AC and I'm really liking that choice.

Really hoping they'll work on the combat. It's too easy, lacks depth and is getting stale.
    Last edited by Rivera; 2014-03-20 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    And french influence in the creation of usa, the whole louisiana etc etc... Remember that Israel wasn't a jew wish but a Templars' Dream.

This video game is also a Freemason product.

France is a lie within itself and is a lot more than you can imagine. The woman in red.

Deleted
    AC Piratesville may have been a pretty decent pirate game and an okay addition to the AC series but a mainline AC game needs the story of Desmond, or atleast someone related to him.

Some people may have disliked that part but I think it was crucial to push the story ahead. It tied Altair, Ezio and Haytham/Connor together and made it feel like you were playing an actual series.

An AC game without that just feels detached.
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2014-03-20 at 08:28 AM.

I just realised something... Paris has lots of catacombs meaning... ASSASSIN TOMBS!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Oh, another one of these, meh. I thought you were going to say another Armored Core game!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed: White Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is it just me, or does the character look like a fucking twig compared to Ezio, Altair etc?
    That's not something I'd define as a 'twig'. A guy with that physique would be on the same level as a fair few professional athletes.

I was hoping for a setting a bit more different from those we've already seen. They can justify literally any time period in any location present in human history and they're going with another Euro-centric setting. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the setting I'll give them that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    AC Piratesville may have been a pretty decent pirate game and an okay addition to the AC series but a mainline AC game needs the story of Desmond, or atleast someone related to him.

Some people may have disliked that part but I think it was crucial to push the story ahead. It tied Altair, Ezio and Haytham/Connor together and made it feel like you were playing an actual series.

An AC game without that just feels detached.
    His storyline is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I just realised something... Paris has lots of catacombs meaning... ASSASSIN TOMBS!
    This is very true, I'm hoping they don't forget this part, or add it in with DLC >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I was hoping for a setting a bit more different from those we've already seen. They can justify literally any time period in any location present in human history and they're going with another Euro-centric setting. Oh well.
    That's what Watch_Dogs is for, the futuristic Assassin's Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    That's not something I'd define as a 'twig'. A guy with that physique would be on the same level as a fair few professional athletes.
    Note the words "compared to Ezio, Altair etc"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Meh, I really don't care after they pulled the whole "aliens" stuff. Also, milking that cash-cow with what is becoming almost filler episodes with no clear direction, saddening, really.
    They did that in AC2 already, even hinted at it in AC1...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post

Ok. I lied. 3 things. They're developing this one for the old consoles as well? Over a year into the "next gen" (frankly, now current gen) life cycle? UGH. Way to water it down just to be able to port it to obsolete systems. Sure, I'm an early adopter. But a year in, new games should be for the current gen. We won't truly reach full potential catering to old gear. (But I suppose I should expect nothing less. Every "yearly" rendition will milk as much potential sales as they can. Quality be damned)

Perhaps we'll need to wait for E3, but I'm extremely curious about a possible second AC release. For consoles? An AC4 add-on / extension? (They did say there's about 7 years of Edwards career untouched).
    They won't be porting it to the PS3/360. This game is being developed just for the PS4/XBONE. There is a second, completely different AC game being developed for the PS3/360. There is no info on that game yet at all outside it's codename of Assassin's Creed: Comet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    They won't be porting it to the PS3/360. This game is being developed just for the PS4/XBONE. There is a second, completely different AC game being developed for the PS3/360. There is no info on that game yet at all outside it's codename of Assassin's Creed: Comet.
    Not sure if that's good news or bad.

If true, good for the next gen. Double ugh now that I have no old system. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Aslong as both get a good port towards pc i am happy

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Laughed so hard at this.

Well played.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They did that in AC2 already, even hinted at it in AC1...
    Oh I know; and it all went to hell after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I just sprayed tea all over my keyboard reading this... You owe me a new one

Also, anyone know where the two new games will fit in the AC canon? Like will the ps4/Xbone one be the next lore game and the ps3/xbox360 one be a spinoff or what? Also if it's set in Paris, do you think they'll keep the naval battles, or faze them out and replace them with something else.

I was really hoping that the next AC would be in fuedal Japan, just seemed to be STRONGLY hinted at by a few of the emails you could hack in Black Flag, would be badass too.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I don't really blame them for going with Paris. It's a fascinating city and whilst a game set in Japan or China could be fun the genre is already rather bloated with 'assassin' type games set in those regions.