Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Why are you (presumably Americans) defending the healthcare system? It's because people like you your healthcare system is worse than any other country's I've ever visited (which is 20+). Heck, eastern Europe is better.
    You seem to suggest you were treated over a long period of time in a number of hospitals in each of the 20+ countries that you visited and have therefore formed a first hand impression of each. I'm going to go ahead and call bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    You seem to suggest you were treated over a long period of time in a number of hospitals in each of the 20+ countries that you visited and have therefore formed a first hand impression of each. I'm going to go ahead and call bs.
    Of course not, I've only experienced my own country's healthcare first hand, but I know a lot about the countries I've visited.

How about you put your pride for your bad healthcare aside and face the facts that it is horrible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm sorry 132 pounds Scrotum? That's how much I weight... Jesus Fuck...
    I know, his balls weigh only three pounds less than me (as of last time I weighed myself, two weeks ago.)

How does that even happen?
    Putin khuliyo

The problem is that in the US, if you don't have the money for healthcare, you're fucked. Get cancer? You die. Have diabetes? Good luck on your $1,000 weekly medication and supplies, and die. Have severe heart problems and need medication so you're not a walking time bomb? Good luck, you're gonna die. Oh yeah, and this almost always also applies to little kids as well.

The dude likely didn't have insurance when whatever it was started happening, and couldn't afford the surgery since it wasn't "immediately life threatening". Same goes for his diabetes, no shit it wasn't "well maintained" if he can't work because of this nonsense and couldn't afford the absolute insane amount of money it would cost to keep up with his diabetes without insurance while unemployed.

This isn't even addressing the fact that many health plans have something stupid like a maximum coverage amount. Use all of the allocated yearly coverage? You guessed it, you're fucked.

This is why I just despise Republicans. Are you a proud Republican? Cool, you support little kids dying to disease and cancer with no help when their parents can't afford it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    A person died... so?

"From all causes, roughly 150,000 people die around the world each day" - Wikipedia (Don't have time to look for a good source)

The only interesting fact about this case is the scrotum. Aside from that, a person died, big deal
    Really?

I thought it'd be higher than that. 150k seems . . . small.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The problem is that in the US, if you don't have the money for healthcare, you're fucked. Get cancer? You cook meth, ruin your family, blow a cartel man's face off, get your brother-in-law shot, gun down neo-nazis with an auto turret, and then you die.
    Fixed that for Vincent Gilligan.
    Putin khuliyo

This story sort of reminds me of a mini documentary over a man in India I believe with a 200 pound tumor along his spine. It grew so large, that during the surgery they kept having to lift and turn the patient when they were hacking away at the tumor. Difference here is though that he survived unlike this man.

The problem is that in the US, if you don't have the money for healthcare, you're fucked. Get cancer? You die. Have diabetes? Good luck on your $1,000 weekly medication and supplies, and die. Have severe heart problems and need medication so you're not a walking time bomb? Good luck, you're gonna die. Oh yeah, and this almost always also applies to little kids as well.

The dude likely didn't have insurance when whatever it was started happening, and couldn't afford the surgery since it wasn't "immediately life threatening". Same goes for his diabetes, no shit it wasn't "well maintained" if he can't work because of this nonsense and couldn't afford the absolute insane amount of money it would cost to keep up with his diabetes without insurance while unemployed.

This isn't even addressing the fact that many health plans have something stupid like a maximum coverage amount. Use all of the allocated yearly coverage? You guessed it, you're fucked.
    Hate to point this out, but Republican government, or Democrat government, your Healthcare system is still going to be shit untill you manage to get your country out from under the thumb of the idea that a health care system run on a capitalist for-profit agenda and managed largely by Health Care Corporations who's first interest is their bottom line, second interest is your money and distant third is your health is a good way to run things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Really?

For some reason i thought the 150k figure was from China...

That is way too big for a scrotum, something was seriously wrong with him.
    Call me Cassandra

He must have never ejaculated in his life, or had scotum cancer. Those are the only 2 possibilities I can think of.

edit: Maybe he could never reach for a little self-help?
    Last edited by Anyael; 2014-03-20 at 04:12 AM. Reason: speculation
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Really?

0.o To put that in perspective (assuming the 150k number is lowballing the average), that is approximately 104 people dying every second.

Like 2000 people died in the time it took for me to post this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Of course not, I've only experienced my own country's healthcare first hand, but I know a lot about the countries I've visited.

How about you put your pride for your bad healthcare aside and face the facts that it is horrible?
    The American healthcare system is different than yours, it doesn't make it horrible. You saying it's horrible is a subjective opinion, not a fact. I've never had a problem with it, and I've received thousands in one hundred percent free care.

You mention your country, which country is that? While you're free to make unfair comparisons behind a veil of anonymity I proudly identify myself with my country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoccox View Post
    I suggest you watch the video before commenting..

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly,but if this was any other Western country this guy would probably still be alive.
    Mind telling us where you earned your medical license and, by the way, what it was like to see this guys medical chart?

OT:
    Offers where made to pay for this mans surgery. He turned them down initially before finally agreeing. He had the surgery and came out of it without issue. He died A YEAR LATER. Between the surgery and his death, according to his friends, he had an infection caused by poorly-treated diabetes and two heart attacks. At this point they have nothing, literally NO EVIDENCE at all, tying his surgery to his death. They even admit, in the video, that they don't have any evidence.

What I find almost amusing in this is that they don't know what killed him. But they'll use his death to bash the health care system. Meanwhile Reid is going to the Senate floor to say that everyone who says they were hurt by Obamacare, including people with evidence, are lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's it...blame the health care system. First...you guys from different countries just seriously need to quit whining and bitching about stuff in our country that doesn't effect you in the least. Second, the guy isn't blameless...sorry he died..but is anyone really surprised? Not trying to be cold...but the guy was obese, had several health problems...then he gets this scrotum problem and does nothing. Video said it grew 3 pounds a month, and it was over a hundred pounds? He let it go a very long time. Hell if I had a scrotum and it started growing massively, damn straight I'd be down at an ER. Contrary to popular belief they cannot refuse you service if you can't pay. Then he had offers from people willing to pay for the surgery and he declined...c'mon..gonna blame health care there?

Deleted
    The American healthcare system is different than yours, it doesn't make it horrible. You saying it's horrible is a subjective opinion, not a fact. I've never had a problem with it, and I've received thousands in one hundred percent free care.

You mention your country, which country is that? While you're free to make unfair comparisons behind a veil of anonymity I proudly identify myself with my country.
    Any healthcare system in a first world nation that allows member of society to die, due to being unable to pay for treatment doesn't deserve the label of first world healthcare system.

True, American healthcare is far more specialized in certain spheres than my nation, but i'll never die of cancer and be refused potentially life saving treatment due to being unable to pay for it.

This is why I just despise Republicans. Are you a proud Republican? Cool, you support little kids dying to disease and cancer with no help when their parents can't afford it.
    I had numerous medical problems, including cancer, growing up and no insurance and yet guess what they all got taken care of because contrary to popular belief you do get treatments in the U.S. with no health insurance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I had numerous medical problems, including cancer, growing up and no insurance and yet guess what they all got taken care of because contrary to popular belief you do get treatments in the U.S. with no health insurance.
    One example, in comparison to many others who're given a bed to die in.

And your statement of "I was given hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical treatment, for nothing, and i had no insurance" doesn't quite fly with me.

Either someone, or some charity paid for it, or your parents had a policy in your name; It's possible a hospital will give you the basic treatment until a certain threshold, but we're speaking of around $50,000 MAX.

Just because it works for you now, doesn't mean you're not going to end up getting burned by it in the future. There's something fundamentally wrong with for profit healthcare when it comes to kids, the recently unemployed, disabled or mentally unstable. Misfortune should never be met with preventable death in unfortunate scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Growing up? As you in you were covered by your parents? Got insanely lucky and ended up in something like CHIP? Had the pleasure of living close to one of the very few free medical centers that have the equipment to handle cancer?

Go ahead and play back that scenario at the age of 30 and let me know how it goes when you're no longer a kid that got lucky. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're still here, but most in your shoes at the time are already 6 feet under.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Any healthcare system in a first world nation that allows member of society to die, due to being unable to pay for treatment doesn't deserve the label of first world healthcare system.
    where the hell are you getting this? I had VERY VERY bad Severe acute pancreatitis with organ failure and no way to pay the bills yet I am here infact i have never NEVER seen where people were left out to die because they could not pay their bills i have no idea where you guys find this.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    where the hell are you getting this? I had VERY VERY bad Severe acute pancreatitis with organ failure and no way to pay the bills yet I am here infact i have never NEVER seen where people were left out to die because they could not pay their bills i have no idea where you guys find this.
    Because that's an immediate life threatening issue. The guy down the street though with severe heart disease won't get his needed medication though, they'll just treat his upcoming heart attack. That, is the problem.

build pics