So, Thrall is Enhancement.

Always wondered. Perhaps Spirit Wolves and Doomhammer in Thrall's WC3 incarnation hinted at this but the HoTS guys are running with it. There was some doubt in my mind because of chain lightning and his ranged attack in the RTS. It's nice to be sure now, that the biggest and best Shaman of them all chose the right spec.

Tried to link it but someone will have to do it for me. You'll note however two abilities listed on the, as of yet unseen, Thrall in his Heroes of the Storm incarnation. You'll find it on the curse site dedicated to the game, linked in the most recent Mmo champ posting.

Lava Lash and Unleash Elements

Deleted
    The heroes like Thrall, Jaina, Lich king and so on aren't locked by a spec, they are the whole class. We are only locked becuase of gameplay reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    The heroes like Thrall, Jaina, Lich king and so on aren't locked by a spec, they are the whole class. We are only locked becuase of gameplay reason.
    That having been said Thrall IS trained both as a warrior and a shaman so him being more focused on being an "enhancement" shaman isn't far fetched.

Like the poster above me said, heroes are the "whole package" they don't have specs.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Like the poster above me said, heroes are the "whole package" they don't have specs.
    Tri (quad for druids) spec - too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    Really? Because Jaina looks like a Frost Mage to me.

He seemed very into Elemental when retaking Undercity, he got farther away from his warrior side a bit later and in SoO can't do much without the elements so... I don't know, the fact that he is trained in close combat doesn't dictate his spec, he is supposed to be the complete package, and i'm pretty sure he'll show his fierce nature again in WoD.

They don't have restrictions, they are everything as they are the big players.

If you consider Warcraft 3 as a base, he's actually both Elemental and Enhancement.

Chain Lightning (Common to both specs)
    Feral Spirit (Enhancement)
    Far Sight (Common to both specs)
    Earthquake (Elemental)

And like others said, in-game story characters aren't bound by spec. There are very few who are pure Paladins/Deathknights/Shamans/Warlocks etc ex The Lich King, Darion Mograine, the Earthen Ring Shamans, Gul'dan etc. Velen is both a Paladin and a Priest, for example, and also has Seer powers which might make him a Shaman too, lol.

I like to think NPC has their own class. Thrall is in "Thrall" spec. Thrall spec can use, but not limited to, all shaman spells.

Could be wrong because I don't really follow the lore too much, but is Thrall even a Shaman? I thought he was a Far Seer, which was something like a branch of shamanism

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throdin View Post
    Really? Because Jaina looks like a Frost Mage to me.
    she shoots tons of fireballs in this vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fedRGOYRQ8o

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post
    Could be wrong because I don't really follow the lore too much, but is Thrall even a Shaman? I thought he was a Far Seer, which was something like a branch of shamanism
    Far Seer is a title. It's basically a "High Shaman". On topic, Thrall is whatever he wants to be. Sure, in HoTS he may be melee oriented and use Enhancement abilities, but in Warcraft 3 he was a ranged unit, using Chain Lightning and Earthquake, so that's a pointless argument.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Ehh... that makes me want to go elemental in WoD...