Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Siegecrafter - Windwalker Edition

Hey guys, I recently joined a guild that is currently 13/14H, but I only had up to Heroic Malkorok experience.

I was put on the belt for Siegecrafter 100% and I was wondering if you guys could throw me some tips on what I should do. I feel like i'm putting my Transcendence at the wrong times. Also, how do you guys go about the fire when trying to run back to the pipe to get back on the belt? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Here's what I've been doing every week for the past 2-3 months:

On odd belts (starting with the first), use the pipe to get on, then before the weapon is out move closer to the main platform and a little back and place the Transcendence spirit right in front of the first row of lasers. The goal is to allow teleporting to it from the base of the entrance pipe. Placing it further back instead of right where you land allows you to go to the very end of the belt without the spirit despawning on you (which it does if you go like 50 or 60 yards away). This should cover the getting onto the belt portion of the fight.

After the 3rd and 8th rounds there will be fire on the ground to run through (assuming you're not killing lasers), but the real danger isn't actually the fire, it's the Shredder overloads. For these two I pop Diffuse Magic the instant I land which ends up mitigating the Overload and FSKing through the fire to the pipe area, using Healthstones and Expel Harm to sustain health, trying to get back to max so that Chi Wave on the weapons will heal the others instead of just me. Tiger's Lust is an absolute must for maneuvering around the lasers, as Roll will just get you killed. That should cover the "not dying" portion.

As for doing damage, the primary goal of each belt is to not let the weapon go through (which is not necessarily the same thing as killing it ASAP) and to build as much TEB as possible so that you can try to get 10 stacks at the start of every belt. This includes nifty things like building chi when you know a weapon is going to die and using FoF on thin air or BoK on the immune weapons to burn the chi and generate TEB, then use Expel to get it back up again before the next weapon. You should also Chi Brew literally every time it is up on the belt, energy/chi are not a concern but TEB is. Fists of Fury can be useful if you really need damage, but it does require some specific positioning and hampers TEB generation, so I only typically use it at the start of the belt when I have Tricks on me.

Typical damage on weapons for me goes [TP on the first weapon regardless if you're supposed to kill it, Jab/Expel back to full chi, then when the weapon you need to kill comes around TEB/RSK --> BoKBoKBoKBoKBoKBoK etc with RSK on cooldown.] When maneuvering around lasers try to keep facing the weapon and still pressing buttons, even though it's difficult, losing uptime is a huge DPS loss. If you start with 10 TEB every time and don't lose uptime, you should be good. I also pop Xuen on the 5th belt because the Missile Turret that we kill is the very front weapon and it's a Trans belt so I can't be on it from the very first second, it's a nice helper.

I hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, Total. That helps a lot. I knew I was missing something when I was trying to bypass the flames covering the path to the pipe. I didn't even think about FSK'ing to the pipe. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks so much again!
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

I do the belt every week 100% of the time as WW. First belt I get our Disc priest to come on, all other belts our hunter comes (this way he can burst the boss). I place Transcendance on belt 1 right in front of lasers. You have to make sure to get off before the 3rd laser line otherwise Transcendance disappears.

I use FSK to get off the belt every time. We only do 5 belts so the only time the fire is a problem is after belt 3. I deal with this by FSK sideways off the belt at such an angle I end up on the very edge of the platform on the outside of the fire next to the tube. Boss is tanked next to the belt, so I just lightning/fireblossom for 5sec before I Transendance back up.

If the damage output is a little low on specific belts and you don't mind using a few CDs, there is a trick to burst a quick 3M damage or so on a weapon.

Pop Fortifying Brew + Diffuse Magic + Touch of Karma on the weapon you are trying to kill. Then run through a fire line. Touch of Karma will put the dot on the weapon doing a nice 3M damage.

I used this trick with our hunter on belts as we dou'd them for our kill. Just know that you don't have many other CDs save for Zen Med, but most damage we take can be healed up with Chi Wave/Expel Harm/Healing Spheres.

If you're on full-time belt duty, do you guys run Xuen or RJW? I find Xuen to be pretty crap. You only get half his duration, but he won't last long enough to help on the next belt. Is RJW worth using since energy is a total non-issue? Or maybe Chi Torpedo just for the self heals between belts (lol)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Always use Xuen. It can make up the damage for missing a gap or someone dying.

As for how to avoid the dot there are some easy to follow strats regarding this. This is if you kill the missile turrets. If you kill the mines, no clue.

1) Pipe. As soon as you hit the belt strafe left and drop your 'clone (its what I call them)'. This one dies almost instantly as everyone has their trinkets up.
    2) Clone. Wait for the timer then drop another, use EH and Healing spheres to heal yourself and friends in the meantime.
    3) Clone. If you can kill it before the 3rd area then you can actually teleport back to the original clone (near the pipe) and never take fire damage. If not when you get gripped you can teleport back to the pipe clone and hope down.
    4) Pipe.
    5) Clone.
    6) Pipe. The reason this is a pipe is because the missle turret is number 1 so you cant wait for the clone.
    7) Clone.
    8) Pipe.
    9) Clone.
    10) Clone.
    11) Pipe.

10+ we have been ignoring since we have enough dps to kill it before it gets the shield. The main thing I do is line up CDs incase people die/cant make it. Spinning Fire Blossom is great since it also generates chi if you need to do the 4th part (cant go there if you clone).

Thats all I can remember!
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run Xuen because I like the burst if we lose someone or the other runners don't have CDs up. I save my 2nd pot and pop Xuen for those situations.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

RJW would be a damage increase on the belt temporarily, but it decreases overall TEB generation and you'd eventually start getting to belts with only 7 or 8 stacks instead of 10+. Xuen isn't exactly good either, but it won't screw over a future belt.

Deleted
    Hello all.

Nice to see a topic about this boss. We are also trying to progress on this boss. At the start they wanted me as WW monk 100% on the belt, but my statue keeps dissapearing (also tried to place it in front of the first fire line). Could anyone help me in showing with a picture or movie on where I need to place it so it won't dissapear? Because now me and a rogue switch between even/uneven, but if I can manage to be up on the belt 100% the rogue can go on the boss.

Thanks in advance!

Place your Transcendence clone on the edge of the belt nearest the boss's platform, as close to the first set of fire lines as you can get it. This will allow you to pursue the adds on the belt up to the last set of passable fire lines. If you go past those, your clone runs the risk of despawning. Once you've killed it, you can get off the belt more quickly by using Flying Serpent Kick towards the middle of the belt. The part that's closest to the platform. It's kind of a pain to get the timing and positioning right, but once you get it down, it's pretty easy.

You place your Clone right in front of the first Laser line, at the side of the belt towards the platform (NOT where you come down from the sky after using the pipe). This way you can Transcendance from the main platform itself without having to go onto the tube like hunters. In order for the Clone not to despawn you can only pass Laser line 1 and 2, not 3. You can not use the pipes to get off the belt. You need to Flying Serpent Kick off the belt onto the main platform in between Laser line 2 and 3. You can even do it at an angle and cancel the FSK aearly to drop on the edge of the main platform instead of going over the fire line.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with others here too.

In our two kills so far I've been on 100% of the time. (Whee fun DPS graphs!)

Pop teleport as close to edge before fire as you can muster. If you have to go through that last fire line there is a miniscule chance it will disappear, so be careful! Hit anything you can with Jab + BoK. I save RSK for intended targets. Spinning fire blossom / crackling is great if you need that *little bit extra*

The ToK + DM trick is nice, but I keep it as an emergency situation. Same with 2nd pot and Xuen. If I don't have to use these, then everything went perfectly and honestly, I am OK with that.

The other tricks to build TEB here are great, definitely going to use those next time. TEB is our lifeblood. Since it's all I have, a Heroic AoC is great for popping EB whenever you need it as well.

I also FSK / cancel off the platform. On the 4th and other fire belts (killing missile turrets as priority) I do this at an angle to land between the fire fire ring and edge. If I miss, healing spheres are your friend. I also keep 3 spheres up on the belt as much as possible for teammates who are piping in just in case.

Good luck getting your kill!
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    I also FSK / cancel off the platform.
    FSK and roll are pretty interchangeable. I prefer rolling tbh because it's way more "jesus take the wheel" and it feels less finicky.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    FSK and roll are pretty interchangeable. I prefer rolling tbh because it's way more "jesus take the wheel" and it feels less finicky.
    I hear ya. I like FSK because I can pinpoint where I land, which is brilliant for avoiding the fire on certain belts since I know I'm not always rolling from the same spot to count on positioning. I also missed the platform once, but the FSK kept me going long enough where I was *pulled* off the belt (technically the space between the belt and platform) right before I should've died. Felt awesome.
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Deleted
    Monks are not great on the belts due to the lack of burst dps on demand. In my guild I have always been on the main platform nuking boss, my 5 second legsweep stun on the mines is extremely useful, and if you are being as useful to your guild as possible, engineering with the EMP stun for the mines is also a win. I know this doesnt help your situation but from my point of view, monks are extremely good for crowd control on the mines and should never be placed on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlablue View Post
    Monks are not great on the belts due to the lack of burst dps on demand. In my guild I have always been on the main platform nuking boss, my 5 second legsweep stun on the mines is extremely useful, and if you are being as useful to your guild as possible, engineering with the EMP stun for the mines is also a win. I know this doesnt help your situation but from my point of view, monks are extremely good for crowd control on the mines and should never be placed on the belt.
    I heard Windwalkers have this thing that makes them do 60% more damage for 15 seconds that is up for every single belt.

Lack of burst on demand... that's too funny.

I also heard WW monks have this thing that allows them to do 100% of the belts instead of having 2 teams switch out. Miraculously having only 2 people do belts on HC instead of 2 teams of 2 allows for more DPS uptime on the boss. Go figure.

I do belts with a hunter. It allows our Enh sham to do 500k DPS on this boss by stick on boss 100% of the fight.

I think you will find that out of a monk and hunter duo on the belts that the monk will do the majority (60-75%) of the damage.

TT I don't get 10 stacks of TEB from belt 5 or 6 on; tends to be more around 7 stacks hehe.

Yeah there's this weird thing on belts where if you kill weapons too fast or simply get unlucky with mastery RNG you can end up having to skip using TEB on a belt or just blow it with 7-8 stacks instead. It sucks sometimes but as long as you send 2 people in 10 man and 4 in 25 it should be fine either way.