Late 2012 MBPr or a Late 2013 MBPr

So I can get either a Late 2012 or Late 2013 MBPr with the 2013 coming out a little less than ~300 more.

They both are i5 and both have 8 Gb Ram, the 2013 would have a 256 GB vs a 128 GB in the 2012.

I use it for general web stuff some coding and very light WoW. I was going with the 2012 as I am already spending more than I wanted at first.. now I am having second thoughts.

I ended up taking home the 2012 after they talked me into it since I could take it back and get the other one. So far this one seems to be working fine, just thinking the 2013 may last a bit longer and the boost of all the little things may add up.

Anyone messed with both? Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the difference is not worth $300.. OF course I'd also say it's not worth getting either, but.. with just those choices, the 2012 ought to be fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'd say the difference is not worth $300.. OF course I'd also say it's not worth getting either, but.. with just those choices, the 2012 ought to be fine.
    I am open to other suggestions, I just can't seem to find much else that fits what I want.

I want something small enough to sit on the couch with and is not a pain to move around. I tried an IBM Y510p the one I ordered arrived damaged and was just too big and put out way to much heat. Also tried an Asus N56J which was a lot better but the one I had the LCD was always just a bit off and the keyboard was horrible.

So ideally something in the 13~14" range that can handle a little WoW/light gaming on the couch and general internet and work tasks with a max budget of ~1400. Require a decent keyboard for typing could care less about how good or bad the touch pad is.

Deleted
    I wouldn't get a MacBook Pro.
    (Note: I wouldn't.)
    Reason being, you'd probably get better value out of a regular laptop. Unless you're using some OSX specific software or just really, and I mean REALLY like the design of the Macbook, there's just no point in getting one IMO.
    With the new WoW expansion getting released in the near future, and yet a graphical update, the MBP will probably cringe and hang itself trying to run the game.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834314149

Gives you a quad-core 2.2Ghz, 1080p screen, Windows 8, 8GB Memory, 1TB HDD and a GT 750M for $829.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post

Gives you a quad-core 2.2Ghz, 1080p screen, Windows 8, 8GB Memory, 1TB HDD and a GT 750M for $829.
    Trying to avoid something that bulky, at one point I had a 17" ROG Asus never really got used much as it was too much effort to get it going in a comfortable spot that it was easier to just go get on the desktop.

I am giving PC laptops another look see if I can find anything I skipped over.

It's a good ~2lbs lighter than the Asus G-series(ROG) laptops are. If you want something lighter, you could look into a ultrabook like the Zenbook, but you would lose some performance and pay more.

You could get the Acer and look into finding something that you could use to put the laptop onto that would make it more comfortable for you and get it some more airflow so it doesn't overheat and throttle itself.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head the 'light/small form factor' (ultrabooks).
    Dell XPS13
    Sony Vaio Pro
    Lenovo X1 Carbon
    and there's a billion other stuff.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/
    I just look at this thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Off the top of my head the 'light/small form factor' (ultrabooks).
    Dell XPS13
    Sony Vaio Pro
    Lenovo X1 Carbon
    and there's a billion other stuff.

I just look at this thingy.
    I will check it out thanks!