Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    u are full of sh1t. just blizzard doesn't instantly ban anyone that u think is bot doesn't mean blizzard is not doing anything about it. I've had 2 accounts with multiple 90's and a million gold closed from botting but I just reopen more. the cost to open new MOP account is like 1 hour of my wage. but I won't waste my precious time grinding. but to spend 1 hour grinding BG so I can have a small chance of getting less than half enough honor points for just 1 piece out of 16 of useless gear to replace my quest greens? with the rates of BG nowdays its average about 800 HPs per hour. it cost total about 26850 honor point for a full set of honor gears. that's 34 hours of doing BGs.

problem is that u MUST grind the gear in order to level.
    PvE= u can't get into higher content unless u have higher ILV, and nobody will talk to u or invite unless ur ilv is high. and PVP gears are all base on luck as u can only grind raid boss once a week.
    PvP= it's pointless to do BGs with quest greens or 450's(which lots of gold) u will do almost no damage at all and people with gears just kill u while u blinking ur eye

so now think about this way. u think grinding gear is not mandatory? no way.. try walk into timeless isle and solo any elite mob right as u hit lv 90 with 300k hp. so u MUST spend time to grind gear in order to advance to the 'next' tier. everyone in 540+ ilv are killing elites in matter of seconds. so u have to grind gear. but PvE gears are base on luck that's why people are botting BGs after hitting 90.
    as with the bots, I don't know what bots u are all talking about. bots nowdays are soo advanced that it has the perfect combat rotation will out dps/heal most elite players. my toons are pulling almost the same dps as some of the player in server top heroic raid guild, in just LFR gears. PvE bots(LFR/Dungeon/Scenario) are scripted with all the raid mechanics and move from fire BEFORE the ground effect even appear. here I will list a few things that bots can do in LFR
    Jin'rokh the Breaker - will move towards the direction the tank is getting throw right as boss grabs him, but also not too close to get hit by the landing impact
    Horridon - can switch to adds, interrupt venom cast and dinomancer without targeting them
    Council - always switch to purple guy, blessed/shadowed spirit and move out of any effect
    Turtle - move out of all effects, and able to search for shell and kick precisely that hits boss 0.1 second before blowing stone
    Megarea - knows where the group are gathering and move to correct position and move out of all ground effect
    Jikun - can use cooldown, speed buff for dawn daft, and knows how to remove green patch
    Durumu - DUH, always land purple on the very edge, kite laser, and NEVER die to beam
    Primoridus - auto pick up buffs and move accordingly
    Animus - kite crimson wake away from raid, use aoe, stuns, cooldown precisely
    Iron Qon/twins - move out of all ground effects
    Lei Shen - auto stack with satic shock, auto move out of whip and thunderclash.. etc..
    Immerseus - move out of ground effect soo fast that u actually starts to move BEFORE it appears(may be read from wow memory so it knows the sha puddle gonna pop at ur cords and starts to move before the visual effect even appear)
    protector - knows how to switch to targets, passing marks and dps the highest hp in the end
    norushen - always switch to adds, and do the trail thing well
    sha - auto go to unlock prison, auto search and walk to center of the players that also has titan buff, knows when to spread out when over 25% pride and moves on reflection pop
    Galakras - so good at switching target and kills banner faster than anyone
    iron jug - move from ground effect, knows to pop a defensive CD and jump on mines when HP is full
    dark sham - move from all ground effect
    naz - always switch to adds in order of shaman>mage>rogue>warrior, move out of ground effect, interrupt shaman and not attack at defensive stance.
    mal - move way from smash, move to purple puddle and stack with tank at rage, healers also knows to stack up shield even when everyone HP is full..
    Spoils - very smart dps priority there, also can drop bomb and other things
    thok - knows to stand at side of boss, spread and run at fixrate and switch to jailer, move out of fire
    siegecraft - avoid all ground effect, kite bombs, kill adds.. etc..
    paragon - switch to Amber! switch target to the one mark with skull if there is one, or else dps the one with lowest HP.
    garrosh - perfect at stunning adds, interrupt the MC, move out of slam in realm of Y'Shaarj, move out of purple puddle axe and dps axe in first 2 phase. very smart

I tell u, there are some botters report that the bots are good enough to do heroic mode raids if their gears are good enough. the bots healing the raid so good that in LFR can almost always top the healing meter (unless stupidly out-geared by another player, or bot) with lowest overhealing ever. same with dps, u'd be almost at the top of dps with minimum gears. im sure I won't perform as good if I'd play with hand.

with just how advanced the bots are nowdays, in PvP I don't know which bot u've seen that just stand there follow u around. my bots will auto buff up and pick up food buff/healthstones, will capture flags/pvp objects, target flag vehicles, target flag carriers and protect ur own, targets healers, switch to low HP, switch to lowest max HP players(bad gear), kill important totems like healing tide and capacitor, switch target out of LOS, very smart targeting system and can detect WHERE the battle at and move to the place with group instead of wandering alone afk.
    bots also knows how to cap flags and ninja banners, and return flags, use cooldowns and trinklets. and much much more. combine with the near perfect combat rotation. it will surely out perform any of real humans... the funniest thing about the bot I can say is that when a melee class trying to 'dance' around u and gets behind, especially if u are a spellcaster and a rogue is on u where he keep on moving around so u can't follow his move and get 'target must be infront of you' ur toon will automatically turn towards facing that rogue EXACTLY like a mob will do...

so I don't know what u are complain about bots, if I were to play with my own hand, it is even WORST for the team as there is no chance I can beat the bots on the other team, especially after hours of BG and im tired :-) best of all, it buys the gear for u when u got enough points so u become stronger faster

I had to agree bots are bad, especially on gathering and flooding the AH, it's good that people can buy mats for cheap, but it surely make those stupid people that waste their precious time mining furious from undercutting. that's why I no longer do gathering/farming to flood ah, just gather enough to make gems/enchant myself as I don't make much gold. which I feel better as my botting only brings positive effect to the game world(except the oppsite team that getting owned by me), by carrying all those noob human players in BG/LFR.
    Last edited by vcreation; 2014-03-23 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Sorry, think you meant to say skate goat.
    It's "scapegoat", actually.

If you read articles on bots by game devs (and not just Blizz) they have to do all they can to eliminate them (and gold farmers too). If they don't then the bots & gold farmers will drive out paying customers.

And if you are using a bot to play a game, then all you're doing is watching one computer play another. They aren't enjoying it and i suspect, neither are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If you read articles on bots by game devs (and not just Blizz) they have to do all they can to eliminate them (and gold farmers too). If they don't then the bots & gold farmers will drive out paying customers.

And if you are using a bot to play a game, then all you're doing is watching one computer play another. They aren't enjoying it and i suspect, neither are you.
    no doubt gold farmers can drive out paying customers. thats why i don't do gathering and sh1t, my old accounts had a million gold, but now im just have 10k. but if all u do is some LFR so u can have enough gear for the next patch. its not affecting anybody and in fact it's good when u top heal/dps.

and answer is NO. I enjoy MUCH MORE to do things in real life. spending hours spamming buttons with hurt fingers and wiping with noobs is NOT fun.

Deleted
    Its not only bgs.
    I also see bots more often in arena.
    Though not completely computer controlled, the enemy will just stand next to you for automated interrupting, ccing and all that stuff.
    They provide Perfectly timed interrupts at 0.1seconds, instant hand of freedom on snare and cc chains syncronized with your arena partner.

Its really weak

just got out of my second wildstar beta weekend...that game is fucking sick... the pvp is unbalanced, just like every other mmo, but damn it is fun. a better system for pvp progression too. pre-order now gets a beta invite. just FYI.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to botting yes we all know it's always been there but atm it is beyond insane and we can all attribute it to the free 90 boost,Blizzard hasnt even made any statement of the current massive waves of bg botting and they wont do so because they actual dont mind it because it's a trade off of botting and people buying WoD pre-orders.Once WoD is released and they have made the majority of there expected revenue from sales copies they will once again act like they have a firm stance against players botting.And like I've said before its not just bg's it's arena,dungeons and lfr and on top of all that we still have the usual herbing/mining/fishing bots.

Anybody can make al lthe excuses they want and even defend (like some of the scum in this thread) but without a shadow of a doubt Blizzard doesnt care they just want our money,period.
    Here come the Irish.

I random BG'd all day yesterday and don't recall seeing any bots on either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    TEso rofl :P thsi game is soo boring after 2 inv for bete that im not even sure i will play on 3rd seriously...
    yes because the first 17 levels is soooo much to judge a game on

that's like saying here try WoW get to westfall and tell us what you think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    just got out of my second wildstar beta weekend...that game is fucking sick... the pvp is unbalanced, just like every other mmo, but damn it is fun. a better system for pvp progression too. pre-order now gets a beta invite. just FYI.
    Balanced doesn't have to mean everything is good against everything, like WoW is.

Balanced can be a rock paper scissors model and work perfectly. (also more fun imo)

Deleted
    There are not as many bots as some people claim. Really obvious bots are funny to watch. Had a group in Arathi Basin once, where 8 guys were following one dude. It was pretty amusing to see the whole bot train go to a base and actually be useful, by nuking down the enemy team while the actual player capped :P

What I think is being considered botting is people who are tabbed out or have multiple screens where they are watching a movie or something. Also from personal experience, when grinding for the 100 wins achievement, if I notice in the first 2 minutes that it's not going to happen, I just tab out and check back regularly (every two minutes or so) to avoid getting kicked. It helps me keep sane. If I start doing my best in every fail BG, there will be broken monitors at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Yeah go blame bots for stelaing your precious node or herb.
    But remember them when you´re in need in certain raw materials or even potions, glyphs or even leathers and visit auction.
    Without them there would be 1/3 of it and for 60% higher price.

And also you complain about bots being everywhere doing everything? With all that repetitive and boring content?
    If it come to cloth/ gold/raws farming, there is anyone who actually likes that? Yeah some minority maybe.

I definently do not defend bots, but im saying they have point. Its like you would hate these chineese resalers on ebay or shops like dealextreme, because they have everything and cheap..

@Wildstar: I like it too, its like fresh air to the halted MMO sphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    For being such a sophisticated company, Blizzard their stance towards honor grinding is nothing but plain retarded. The botting vs the honor grind is a snowball effect, there is no way to stop it except from taking away the incentive to bot: honor. As long as people need to farm a ridiculous amount of honor to have basic gear, the amount of bots will only increase over time, like it always has since the first day I started playing mid wrath.

And guess what they do for the legit players who refuse to bot? Nerf justice point vs honor conversion rate. Nerf the Rare spawns that give honor.
    Leaving the players with nothing but go through an absolute horrible experience of farming gear through random BG's.

TLDR Take away honor as a currency from random bg's for pvp gear, and the bots will instantly disappear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    I really doubt you have any base whatsoever to say that and considering that blizz just did a massive ban wave last month (PQR) I call it bullshit. I mean how the hell do you even know someone is a bot when fishing? do you go there and ask them? plus it is SO naive to think that TESO wont have any bot lol
    PQR-banwave has nothing to do with BG Botters, they more or less banned people that just used automated rotations instead of going in on a wider scale and banning the huge number of afk-bots that roam the battlegroups battlegrounds 24/7. I know both are bots but one is a lesser evil and I think bgbots ruin the experience for others in contrary to rotation bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    yes because the first 17 levels is soooo much to judge a game on

that's like saying here try WoW get to westfall and tell us what you think
    Actually TESO is all about the journey and not about end game. They have very little endgame content and balance is really hard to find, whereas WoW is all about end game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Yeah go blame bots for stelaing your precious node or herb.
    But remember them when you´re in need in certain raw materials or even potions, glyphs or even leathers and visit auction.
    Without them there would be 1/3 of it and for 60% higher price.

And also you complain about bots being everywhere doing everything? With all that repetitive and boring content?
    If it come to cloth/ gold/raws farming, there is anyone who actually likes that? Yeah some minority maybe.

I definently do not defend bots, but im saying they have point. Its like you would hate these chineese resalers on ebay or shops like dealextreme, because they have everything and cheap..

@Wildstar: I like it too, its like fresh air to the halted MMO sphere.
    Saying botters have a point is in fact defending them,welcome to the scumbag list of people that are a big part of whats wrong with the gaming community.
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Saying botters have a point is in fact defending them,welcome to the scumbag list of people that are a big part of whats wrong with the gaming community.
    The problem isn't the botters, the problem is Blizzard. Why dont they have some type of human verification in place? Kinda like a captcha code for BG's in game.. Yes it will be fucking annoying, HOWEVER, will you be willing to be annoyed for 10 seconds to ensure there are no bots in said BG? I will. Annoy me please!!!

Bots pay sub fees. Sub fees pay for development. Development is required to consistently update the process to prevent bots.

If you can't see why a company that reports its earnings to investors quarterly doesn't actively spend money to get rid of people that are paying them money, I don't know what to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    at this point blizz should just give everyone a pvp set for arena, people just don't want to sit through hundreds of bg's just so they can do the only pvp that's fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    at this point blizz should just give everyone a pvp set for arena, people just don't want to sit through hundreds of bg's just so they can do the only pvp that's fun
    This. I'm trying to gear my Enhancement Shaman and, having earned a combined 90,000+ honor this season gearing alts I may be interested in for WoD, this one's just killing me.

It's either:
    1. A team of severely overgeared Arena players who just got their Prideful weapons looking to score some easy kills.
    2. A team of bots.
    3. A team of 100% Hunters and Warlocks and Healers.

Honestly, Hunters should just be in their own BG's. There's not a class in the game that has reached the level of stupidity that Hunters have. That's for a difference conversation over a cup of "LOL resilience stat-shrinking will fix it bro."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard and bots just roll off the tongue, now they got a hearthstone bot.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!