Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Weird problem, could you tell the name of the features you enabled/disable to make it work? i want to take a look if the problem happens here too.
    As I said, I don't know what caused the problem, but changing "Settings > Appearance > Rows: Settings > General > Grow Direction" and then back fixed the bars for me.

One additional thing I noticed: under "Settings > General Settings > Combat > Overall Data" I activated "All Segments" which locks the options above. After relogging, the options above it aren't "locked" anymore. Not sure if that is just visual though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Between us, who tried out Damage the Game?
    That thing is the shits! I have no clue why I have that window open, but for some reason, it makes killing mobs in Nagrand a lot funnier.
    Ahah, awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Great addon.

Getting the following error when I click the Avoidance tab in the Player Details window.

Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1270: attempt to index global 'playerdamage' (a nil value)
    Time: 01/31/15 21:20:34
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1270: in function `fillfunction'
    Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2968: in function <Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2963>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:3003: in function <Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2992>
    Got it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm a long time Recount user, just gave your Details addon a test run and here are my thoughts.

Like the customisation, though I found changing font to be unresponsive at times (depending) and the mini stuff like raid dps and combat time just got munched in with the menu buttons (like changing segment, options, clear data etc) with no way to fix it. I also found that I could not edit the backgrounds for the actual details page, when I click my characters name to see the details of the fight and abilities it's a bit too much for me, the background is trying too hard to look nice and for me just gets in the way of being functional, this is where I really prefer Recount because it's very clear and easy to see with just basic functional visuals.

The extra functionality (such as comparing!) and general customisation is really great, but I'd like more options and customisation to get the appearance more pleasing on the eyes and the actual details to be clearer. I'm a sucker for stuff that is very clean and non-flashy, stuff that is neutral and passive looking without any distractions. Still though I'l continue to play with it on my alt I'm gonna stick with Recount on my main for now.
    Great feedback man, i appreciate.
    I agree, some windows are lacking in having more customization options, I'll see this on the following weeks, also I've confirmed the mini-display bug, such annoying thing eheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    As I said, I don't know what caused the problem, but changing "Settings > Appearance > Rows: Settings > General > Grow Direction" and then back fixed the bars for me.

One additional thing I noticed: under "Settings > General Settings > Combat > Overall Data" I activated "All Segments" which locks the options above. After relogging, the options above it aren't "locked" anymore. Not sure if that is just visual though.
    Thanks, going to take a look into that.

Me again!

Is there anyway to turn off nicknames from showing up in Details? I've looked through the options a few times but can't find anything to allow me to turn them off.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Me again as well Still love it, love the addition of role based pictures. Still did not give all possible use cases a try, but encountered one simple thing:

When I hover over the Raid Util (for Pre-Pots, Food, Flasks), a huge part of the appearing window is not visible as it opens to the far left. This is a result of my interface orientation. Got the Chat on the bottom left, above that comes the raid frame (blizz default), above that is Details! - everything of those are alligned at the left border of the screen.

Can't reproduce and provide a screenshot now as I'm not at home. Earliest in ~10h possible!

Any chance to have the Raid Util window set up to not leave the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by geppo View Post
    Me again as well Still love it, love the addition of role based pictures. Still did not give all possible use cases a try, but encountered one simple thing:

When I hover over the Raid Util (for Pre-Pots, Food, Flasks), a huge part of the appearing window is not visible as it opens to the far left. This is a result of my interface orientation. Got the Chat on the bottom left, above that comes the raid frame (blizz default), above that is Details! - everything of those are alligned at the left border of the screen.

Can't reproduce and provide a screenshot now as I'm not at home. Earliest in ~10h possible!

Any chance to have the Raid Util window set up to not leave the screen?
    I think so, clamp to screen should fix this, adding on next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    Me again!

Is there anyway to turn off nicknames from showing up in Details? I've looked through the options a few times but can't find anything to allow me to turn them off.

Thank you!
    By now, there is no option for that.
    I can add one for the next release as this is a simple thing to implement.

So I love the window snapping feature of details, makes it really handy. I run 3 windows atm. 1 shows 13 people for DPS. Then I have 2 smaller ones to the right of it showing HPS and Overhealing. The healing and over healing snap to each other, but they won't snap to damage. Not sure if that's intended or not. Something else I noticed as well is the bookmarks section does not have a scroll bar/scroll area so if the window is smaller than the bookmarks available I can't select them from there. I'll post a screen shot of what I'm talking about later today.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    So I love the window snapping feature of details, makes it really handy. I run 3 windows atm. 1 shows 13 people for DPS. Then I have 2 smaller ones to the right of it showing HPS and Overhealing. The healing and over healing snap to each other, but they won't snap to damage. Not sure if that's intended or not. Something else I noticed as well is the bookmarks section does not have a scroll bar/scroll area so if the window is smaller than the bookmarks available I can't select them from there. I'll post a screen shot of what I'm talking about later today.
    I've saw the Vods of your stream, so, in your case is complicated add the damage window in the group because the window will be re-sized to stay with the same height as the other two (this is automatically made by the addon).

The bookmark problem is receiving on next release (already added on alpha) a small but smart fix.
    We want to add the scroll, but, it takes a lot more time to make it.

I've saw the Vods of your stream, so, in your case is complicated add the damage window in the group because the window will be re-sized to stay with the same height as the other two (this is automatically made by the addon).
    I figured as much. Its not really that big of an issue, I'm curious how much of a hurdle it would be to give it the option to just snap together without size constraints.

The bookmark problem is receiving on next release (already added on alpha) a small but smart fix.
    We want to add the scroll, but, it takes a lot more time to make it.
    Awesome. I usually don't do alpha builds cause I just update via the Curse Client but i'll start giving Details alpha builds a shot.

Great work overall, keep it up.

I have found Details! just today.
    Usually i use Skada and i am very satisfied with it, but i tried Detials!

And i have to say that Details! is by far, very very far, the BEST i have ever seen!

It´s just wonderfull i cant image that there is something other like that out somewehere!!!!

I just was in a raid for about 2h and i am a bit overwhelmed by all the features it proviedes.
    But i am sure i will get totaly into after i give me more time!

Thank you very much for that superior Addon !!!

Quick side note:
    I needet about 10minutes to manage that the black background get transparent, i was alway looking for some "Transparancy" Settings but finaly i found it in the colors section.

Again - Thank you for your work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I figured as much. Its not really that big of an issue, I'm curious how much of a hurdle it would be to give it the option to just snap together without size constraints.

Awesome. I usually don't do alpha builds cause I just update via the Curse Client but i'll start giving Details alpha builds a shot.

Great work overall, keep it up.
    You can do alpha versions via the curse client.
    Right-click the addon, choose Preferred Release Type - and select the desired release there.
    There is a more general option in the client settings, but in my opinion it is best done on a per-addon basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The addon got updated to version v3.9.4, several improvements has been done on skins and interface in general.
    Full list of changes are here: Blog on WoW Interface.

I want to keep my Details! up to date.

Whats the best way to do so and not to loose any of my specific settings?

I have read the first sites but i didn´t found a answor or i simply missed it.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    I want to keep my Details! up to date.

Whats the best way to do so and not to loose any of my specific settings?

I have read the first sites but i didn´t found a answor or i simply missed it.

Thank you!
    I'd recommend Curse Client for addon updates.

The addon got updated to version v3.9.4, several improvements has been done on skins and interface in general.
    Full list of changes are here: Blog on WoW Interface.
    Tercio,

I'm back! I wanted to throw some things out there. First, thank you kindly for the toggle, I know it was a small thing for me to "complain" about, but it must have taken some effort to implement, including how you went ahead and made new options for it with the ignore mass toggle and such. Second, I absolutely love the addon. As a raidlead it is completely invaluable to be able to see some of the information it has without scrolling through logs and how, much of it is presented in quick easy to find/use ways. Third, I'm sure the community as a whole is currently enjoying just how active you are with those who want to use your addon, thanks for what you're doing.

Whole guild converted.

Any chance to get a thingy to copy character name to clipboard?

Say I'm comparing myself to another damagedealer of my class/spec and wanna armory him but he's name is "âìòdsdfsfsöòóååå"

I would like the Time Line plugin to be improved, so I am making some suggestions for it now as I am using it quite alot and I love it. It's extremely handy.

Would like to be able to resize the whole window, width/height, and change the background color/transparency as it's too transparent imo.
    The window also only shows 21 people as max. So as default I'd recommend that its height should be so it shows 25 people. I also don't have a single clue what kind of order you use as it's not A-Z, nor in the order people used cooldowns for the timeline.

I also want to request to add Nature's Vigil to cooldowns into Time Line and also into the Cooldowns for the Cooldowns bookmark from druid's lvl 90 talent.

That's what I got right now.

One thing that causes trouble with Skada also plagues Details: Overhealing from Shields/Absorbs is vastly off compared to log websites like WoL, WCL and AMR! Effective healing numbers line up with each other, but overhealing (and thus raw healing) is way off.

I am specifically trying Details as alternative to Skada because of that (Recount doesn't even seem to count OH for shields anyway). Unfortunately both Skada and Details show very different numbers compared to offline logs. Some examples (all coming from a 4:35 Gruul fight):

Paladin OH

Skada: 5.33m
    Details: 5.31m
    WCL: 2.69m
    AMR: 2.69m
    (WoL: 2.65m)

Details and Skada seem to double the amount of OH counted for the Paladin. Both WCL and AMR agree with each other, as do Details and Skada.

Discipline Priest OH

Skada: 3.57m
    Details: 4.00m
    WCL: 2.70m
    AMR: 2.70m
    (WoL: 1.80m)

For the Discipline Priest there is no simple "double" relation. Again WCL and AMR agree with each other, but this time Details and Skada do not agree. Both of the latter show higher numbers again.

I checked OH for myself (Druid) and the Holy Priest, too, and the numbers all line up nicely there. So shields/absorbs is the source of the big differences.

PS: I put WoL in brackets, because it came from another person's log file (fight was counted 10s longer there, too).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2015-02-05 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randaagulf View Post
    Tercio,

I'm back! I wanted to throw some things out there. First, thank you kindly for the toggle, I know it was a small thing for me to "complain" about, but it must have taken some effort to implement, including how you went ahead and made new options for it with the ignore mass toggle and such. Second, I absolutely love the addon. As a raidlead it is completely invaluable to be able to see some of the information it has without scrolling through logs and how, much of it is presented in quick easy to find/use ways. Third, I'm sure the community as a whole is currently enjoying just how active you are with those who want to use your addon, thanks for what you're doing.

Whole guild converted.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Any chance to get a thingy to copy character name to clipboard?

Say I'm comparing myself to another damagedealer of my class/spec and wanna armory him but he's name is "âìòdsdfsfsöòóååå"
    We can do something related, by now, you may copy the character name through Report -> Copy & Paste.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I would like the Time Line plugin to be improved, so I am making some suggestions for it now as I am using it quite alot and I love it. It's extremely handy.

Would like to be able to resize the whole window, width/height, and change the background color/transparency as it's too transparent imo.
    The window also only shows 21 people as max. So as default I'd recommend that its height should be so it shows 25 people. I also don't have a single clue what kind of order you use as it's not A-Z, nor in the order people used cooldowns for the timeline.

I also want to request to add Nature's Vigil to cooldowns into Time Line and also into the Cooldowns for the Cooldowns bookmark from druid's lvl 90 talent.

That's what I got right now.
    Got it, thank you, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    One thing that causes trouble with Skada also plagues Details: Overhealing from Shields/Absorbs is vastly off compared to log websites like WoL, WCL and AMR! Effective healing numbers line up with each other, but overhealing (and thus raw healing) is way off.

I am specifically trying Details as alternative to Skada because of that (Recount doesn't even seem to count OH for shields anyway). Unfortunately both Skada and Details show very different numbers compared to offline logs. Some examples (all coming from a 4:35 Gruul fight):

Paladin OH

Skada: 5.33m
    Details: 5.31m
    WCL: 2.69m
    AMR: 2.69m
    (WoL: 2.65m)

Details and Skada seem to double the amount of OH counted for the Paladin. Both WCL and AMR agree with each other, as do Details and Skada.

Discipline Priest OH

Skada: 3.57m
    Details: 4.00m
    WCL: 2.70m
    AMR: 2.70m
    (WoL: 1.80m)

For the Discipline Priest there is no simple "double" relation. Again WCL and AMR agree with each other, but this time Details and Skada do not agree. Both of the latter show higher numbers again.

I checked OH for myself (Druid) and the Holy Priest, too, and the numbers all line up nicely there. So shields/absorbs is the source of the big differences.

PS: I put WoL in brackets, because it came from another person's log file (fight was counted 10s longer there, too).
    The reason behind this differences is an issue which happens when the shield is refreshed.
    The combat log doesn't tell us the amount of remaining previous active shield, for instance:

00:00 player2 Power Word: Shield shields player1 with 55000.
    00:05 player1 got struck by 25000 damage melee. Shield absorbs 25000 and now has 30000.
    00:05 player2 got 25000 healing done.
    00:13 player2 Power Word: Shield re-shields player1 with 45000.
    00:13 player2 got 30000 shield waste (overheal).
    00:17 player1 got struck by 20000 damage melee. Shield absorbs 20000 and now has 25000.
    00:17 player2 got 20000 healing done.
    00:28 player2 Power Word: Shield timeout on player1.
    00:28 player2 got 20000 shield waste (overheal).
    The line in orange is guessed by Details! using another combat log event, Web based logs aren't doing this for now.
    Blizzard already has been notified about this problem, soon™ this may get a fix.

Thanks for the quick answer. So web based logs only parse the last line for overhealing and nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer. So web based logs only parse the last line for overhealing and nothing else?
    Yes, only when the shield expired its duration time.

Take in mind this isn't a bug on warcraftlogs, its a bug on combatlog and Details! has workarounds to detect the exceeding amount on current shield when it get a new one before get expired (refresh).