Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi guys, once again the addon got a update, long time requests like keybinds and hide out of combat/group was added.
    A full list of changes can be found on this link.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Since I don't see any info about the Segment #1 bug, I assume that you haven't fixed that yet, because it's still not getting #x into the Micro-plugin Instance Segment
    The way this plugin is implemented doesn't makes me happy, i'll just rewrite it for the next week. The goal is display the name of boss, trash mobs, arenas, battlegrounds, training dummies, etc.

I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post feedback, or if I should hit your project ticket system, but: The hotbutton corner thing is kind of awesome, but...

I wish you would implement it as a real LDB display, and then turn the current button added to it by details into an LDB button, so that (a) I can add a bunch more LDB activation buttons to it without bugging, like, twenty addon authors to add support for this new thing, and (b) I could throw that same LDB button into my Bazooka bars, and have it accessible without the hotcorner thing, instead of the current details LDB icon.

That would be super-awesome. Obviously, the hotcorner thing isn't ideal for, eg, text focused LDB things, but for icons and launchers? Wow, great. Keeps them super-invisible and out of the way, and would free a pile of bar space for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    The way this plugin is implemented doesn't makes me happy, i'll just rewrite it for the next week. The goal is display the name of boss, trash mobs, arenas, battlegrounds, training dummies, etc.
    Okay, cool! No rush!

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post feedback, or if I should hit your project ticket system, but: The hotbutton corner thing is kind of awesome, but...

I wish you would implement it as a real LDB display, and then turn the current button added to it by details into an LDB button, so that (a) I can add a bunch more LDB activation buttons to it without bugging, like, twenty addon authors to add support for this new thing, and (b) I could throw that same LDB button into my Bazooka bars, and have it accessible without the hotcorner thing, instead of the current details LDB icon.

That would be super-awesome. Obviously, the hotcorner thing isn't ideal for, eg, text focused LDB things, but for icons and launchers? Wow, great. Keeps them super-invisible and out of the way, and would free a pile of bar space for me.
    Thanks for the suggestion, we'll check if its possible.

A couple questions that may have already been answered, but....

1) How do you delete windows permanently, not just hide them?
    2) I have the windows strata set to Low, but sometimes it still pops up above things. Anyway to set this to Background or something like WeakAuras does?

Quote Originally Posted by aranduh View Post
    A couple questions that may have already been answered, but....
    1) How do you delete windows permanently, not just hide them?
    2) I have the windows strata set to Low, but sometimes it still pops up above things. Anyway to set this to Background or something like WeakAuras does?
    Current version don't have a option for permanently remove a window, probably coming in the next update.
    Can you check if is the grab for stretch the window which is popping above others frames?

I'd like an option, as a hunter, to have the damage done breakdown report the abilities my pets used and how much damage was done by each, instead of just giving me a total number my pet did with no breakdown.

Current version don't have a option for permanently remove a window, probably coming in the next update.
    Can you check if is the grab for stretch the window which is popping above others frames?
    I observed that the grab handle is at a much higher strata than the window itself -- I have my bags open over the same place, and the grab handle is above the bags, the window itself below them.

I see that since the last version I cannot get the grab handle at all in the lower instance (If you remember, I have two instances ontop of each other, I guess it might be better if you create a setting to change the strata for the grab handles and you should please people on both sides of this matter. I will come back with more feedback later.

Edit: I also noticed that the framestrata settings does not seem to stay as set. I have the lower instance window set to Medium or High framestarta, and the above to Low, so they do not interfere with each other, but eventually they interfere with each other so I cannot mouseover the lower instance's settings without interruptions. This was an old bug that seemed to have been fixed but it seems it's back again. Whenever I set the framestrata settings on the both windows, it works as intended for a while until it feels to start screwing up and I have to go into the settings and change the framestrata again (visually, it's set to whatever I set it to, but practically it seems it doesn't stay as set).

Edit 2: I've found more bugs, but I'll put information later into a new post.
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2014-05-09 at 01:58 PM.

Can't seem to find an option make damage appear as 1,200,300 instead of 1200300 of 2,2m

Okay, some feedback here..

Doesn't look like it records the bossfights correctly, some bosses aren't even shown. I have not tried Details! in a raid for some time, so I've just had a chance to test heroic dungeons.

When you reset the segments, they go to Segment #1 or Segment #2, not to "Current" as it should. I've reported this before and it seems that this bug is back.

I am also wondering what happened to this Trash cleanup, does it only work in raids? Since I haven't tested raids for a long time, I don't have a clue if it still works. Right now, every mob in dungeons seems to be recorded, therefore bosses might get missed or overlapped because of the amount of trash mobs. This Trash cleanup feature is only supposed to be in raids? If it is, I would suggest that it works for dungeons as well since nobody cares about trash-segments and it would clear up alot of segments to only show Current and bossfights with trash-cleanups.

Hi folks! wall of quotes ahead:

I'd like an option, as a hunter, to have the damage done breakdown report the abilities my pets used and how much damage was done by each, instead of just giving me a total number my pet did with no breakdown.
    added all pet abilities in the player detail window. Let me known if something is missing or if wasn't what you expected.

I see that since the last version I cannot get the grab handle at all in the lower instance (If you remember, I have two instances ontop of each other, I guess it might be better if you create a setting to change the strata for the grab handles and you should please people on both sides of this matter. I will come back with more feedback later.
    couple of changes on the stretch grab, might fix most of its issues, also added a option for always on top for it.

Edit: I also noticed that the framestrata settings does not seem to stay as set. I have the lower instance window set to Medium or High framestarta, and the above to Low, so they do not interfere with each other, but eventually they interfere with each other so I cannot mouseover the lower instance's settings without interruptions. This was an old bug that seemed to have been fixed but it seems it's back again. Whenever I set the framestrata settings on the both windows, it works as intended for a while until it feels to start screwing up and I have to go into the settings and change the framestrata again (visually, it's set to whatever I set it to, but practically it seems it doesn't stay as set).
    I've found a bug where a invisible part of the statusbar wasn't in hide state and was interfering in the menu bar of snapped bottom instance, this may be was the issue.
    Can't seem to find an option make damage appear as 1,200,300 instead of 1200300 of 2,2m
    at the current release this format isn't implemented, we can try add this for the next week.

Doesn't look like it records the bossfights correctly, some bosses aren't even shown. I have not tried Details! in a raid for some time, so I've just had a chance to test heroic dungeons.
    When you reset the segments, they go to Segment #1 or Segment #2, not to "Current" as it should. I've reported this before and it seems that this bug is back.
    I am also wondering what happened to this Trash cleanup, does it only work in raids? Since I haven't tested raids for a long time, I don't have a clue if it still works. Right now, every mob in dungeons seems to be recorded, therefore bosses might get missed or overlapped because of the amount of trash mobs. This Trash cleanup feature is only supposed to be in raids? If it is, I would suggest that it works for dungeons as well since nobody cares about trash-segments and it would clear up alot of segments to only show Current and bossfights with trash-cleanups.
    unfortunately at the moment the addon doesn't have a good support for dungeons, so sometimes it doesn't recognize correctly bosses and trash mobs support is inexistent.
    about the reset, no segment change when reseting is intended, should have a option for customize this behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

The addon got updated once again and i want to send a big thank you for all you guys helping with your feedbacks, it's just awesome. Below is a list of requests and fixes from you guys in this topic:

*added background and dialog frame strata.
    *added options for make the stretch button always on top off all others frames.
    *fixed issues with vertical snapped windows which was overlapping each other.
    *added option for show, hide, change the size of buttons on menu bar.
    *added option for delete a instance.
    *player details window now show also pet abilities.
    *report texts now is more shorter, also renamed "Damage Per Second" to just "DPS".
    *"HotCorner" now is broker based and shows up all broker plugins in the bar.

A list of all changes can be found in this link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/det.../157-v1-13-8a/

The addon got updated once again and i want to send a big thank you for all you guys helping with your feedbacks, it's just awesome. Below is a list of requests and fixes from you guys in this topic:

*"HotCorner" now is broker based and shows up all broker plugins in the bar.
    Thank you for this! The change is really good. My final request for HotCorner is customization: I use Bazooka for LDB displays at the moment, and I only have about half the launchers enabled because, honestly, a bunch of addons have completely useless icons in there that I literally never hit. It looks like they show up in HotCorner right now, so it would be great to add that same filtering to your LDB tool.

I also have an odd bug, and it is at least possible it is triggered by a different bugfix: at the moment I can't interact with the bars showing DPS in my windows. They look like they are below the background frame or something, so I can't, eg, bring up the player details window, etc. I do use StrataFix in my set of addons -- which definitely fixed the described bug in, eg, TSM and some other addons where the background would show over the foreground.

It is possible that is breaking Details! -- not yet tested, since it only just occurred to me that this might be responsible -- or that something else is at play. I have tried a full in-game reset with the `/details` command, but not deleting the SavedVariables from outside the game, and that didn't seem to fix it.

Next week HotCorners probably will be more responsible about the show/hide rules imposed by the addons.

About the interact issue, i'd like you make a test with the command /fstack hovering over the first bar in the Details! window.
    When everything is okey, fstack frame should be showing something like this:
    Both Bar frames shown higher than Gump/Window frames. How fstack looks like to you when the bar is behind the background?
    This might help us identify which frame isn't in correct height.

I like that it tells you who targeted what. Very useful for raid leaders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    We have recount and skada (which I use) Don't see a need for another damage meter.
    There are allready a gazillion types of different mobile phones in the world, yet they keep on making new designs every day ...

OT, going to check out Details!

* suggestion: Can you add Horde (male and female) Avatars in the social options? It's rather Alliance oriented atm.
    Last edited by mmoc564ae29b7c; 2014-05-11 at 11:02 AM. Reason: suggestion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    There are allready a gazillion types of different mobile phones in the world, yet they keep on making new designs every day ...

OT, going to check out Details!

* suggestion: Can you add Horde (male and female) Avatars in the social options? It's rather Alliance oriented atm.
    I'm using a belf one on my nelf priest

A small question, what does the last row mean? Something with absorbs, I think, but would like a confirmation about it..

Last edited by skmzarn; 2014-05-12 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    If i'm not mistaken it's a breakdown of your healing by type. In this case out of all the healing that was done by you. 82% was direct healing, 17% was absorb healing (Sacrifical Pact absorb shield). 1% is missing for some reason, even though it shows sacrificial pact as 18% above it :P.
    Ah, that makes sense! Thanks! I guess it's just rounded up values that makes it look like it misses 1%.

Any updates on embedding with ElvUI yet?