Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, the addon has been updated once again and now (and finally) have support to profiles, also options panel can now be opened while in combat without the annoying error "script ran too long".

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    Target data for players with pets is off. Its not taking into account the pet damage in the denominator so it ends up with > 100%. If you don't know what I mean, I'll give more details later.
    I got it .

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    IMO its a bit clunky to setup different windows and my windows would never snap together like the addon says they're supposed to. I would get a highlighted edge on one window but they would never connect together.
    A window is supposed to snap within the window with the previous number, for example, dragging the window #4 makes the window #3 highlight, dropping #4 near #3 should make the snap, if this is not happening, probably something in details isn't working correctly.

Deleted
    Any way to see a list of monsters damaged? So instead of hovering over each raider to see what they hit, I can hover over each monster to see who was the top damage on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Any way to see a list of monsters damaged? So instead of hovering over each raider to see what they hit, I can hover over each monster to see who was the top damage on it?
    Yes, the first way is selecting Damage -> Enemies and click on the enemy bar, a window with the abilities used by that enemy and his damage taken from player is shown.
    The second way is through Encounter Details window, after a encounter a skull icon is shown right after the report button, click there and hover the green arrows on the adds box.

Deleted
    I'm seriously impressed with this addon. Soo many features, low (Compared to Recount) CPU usage and works perfectly.
    Even the UI is extremely well done. (One of the best Configuration UI's I've ever seen in a WoW Addon)

Hi guys, the addon has been updated today, we fixed the issue with the targets damage over 100%, avoidance for monk tanks got more cooldowns and buffs listed on the avoidance tab, both issues reported here , minimalistic skin now have a text telling what is showing in the window, also, few new options was been added on the options panel too.

A complete list of changes can be found here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/det...s/145-v1-12-4/

Quote Originally Posted by LostThunder View Post
    I'm seriously impressed with this addon. Soo many features, low (Compared to Recount) CPU usage and works perfectly.
    Even the UI is extremely well done. (One of the best Configuration UI's I've ever seen in a WoW Addon)
    Thank you Sir! i appreciate that.

Deleted
    Enabled the addon again today to fiddle around with it. Haven't checked it out since the first page of this thread :P
    The minimalist skin looks really good! Nice work on that.

But, I got some lua errors when changing skins: http://pastebin.com/XWn7C7f3

Might want to check it out. Might be some kind of fault with another addon on my end, but still, probably worth checking out.

Looks nice so far. Will come back after I've tried it out in some lfr's etc!

Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    Enabled the addon again today to fiddle around with it. Haven't checked it out since the first page of this thread :P
    The minimalist skin looks really good! Nice work on that.
    But, I got some lua errors when changing skins: http://pastebin.com/XWn7C7f3
    Might want to check it out. Might be some kind of fault with another addon on my end, but still, probably worth checking out.
    Looks nice so far. Will come back after I've tried it out in some lfr's etc!
    I'm glad with your positive feedback about the minimalistic skin, i've been working almost only on appearance settings for the last three weeks.
    Also, i found the bug and fixed it , fortunately, the error caused doesn't compromise the addon functionality.

I have few suggestions.

First, I would love if you can put your plugins in the top bar where all the other icons are to save a row and make it fit in.

Also, I want to be able to overlap two different instances so I can get them as close to each other as possible. It is extremely important for me that I can fit two windows in the area you can see in the below picture.

A feature Skada has is that if you put your mousepointer all the way up to the left corner of your screen, you get a confirmation-menu asking if you want to reset all instances. Yes or No. Awesome feature. I want that.

Lastly, I don't want the scrollbar active at all, it's so big and clumsy and I hate clicking down to scroll things, and also my mousescroll is broken, so what I use now is keybinds to scroll up and down in the Skada-windows. Using INSERT and DELETE. The good thing with those is that all instances scrolls automatically at the same time. I would love this too.

Also, it's a pain to configure the #1 window. Sometimes when I configure stuff the window just disappears, and if it disappears I cannot get it showing again, even with the Reopen Window buttons. I have to restart from the beginning and reset everything to get it back again. I get no LUA-errors either.

Summary, it seems that this damagemeter is really cool and look really good, you've really succeeded with this, Keep up the great work. When I manage to configure everything before it resets or the window disappears, I will get back to you with feedback how things actually works.

Edit: If you change the Reset Button's text size or the overlay color it disappears and won't come back. You need to reset everything.

Edit 2: When you change the window color transparency, the Report-button is also fading out completely.

Edit 3: When I finally manage to get everything set as I wanted, I did a ReloadUI and the windows were all gone. Reopened the windows, and they didn't load my settings. Had to start all over. It seems that the addon doesn't save the settings at all. Whenever something fucks up, the settings are gone. I don't even dare to close the windows, then the settings are gone or I cannot get the window to show again.
    Could use some autosave-protection or similar. Most annoying thing is that I don't get any LUA-errors at all.

Edit 4: Okay, I give up. I cannot simply save any settings at all. Tried to use the Custom Skin feature, and that didn't help. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to save the settings somewhere else or should I just be able to edit my stuff and it should be saved automatically?

Edit 5 (Sorry, alot of edits): I think I managed to understand why the settings are not saved a.k.a my instances disappears. I noticed that if I hold the mousepointer over where the instances were, they are actually still there. They are just invisible.

I managed to get the instances to get saved and remain visible, and the only way I managed to do that was to not touch any opacity-features. If I do, everything fucks up and makes everything invisible. I noticed the strata for the whole addon is LOW, maybe that has something to do with this. Thanks, I am eager to get an answer because I want to try this addon out.
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2014-04-20 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Bugs

@skmzarn thank you so much for this huge feedback.

This transparency bug is new and come with the latest update on thursday, what i can say so far is that is related with Auto Transparency function, try keep this option enabled.

First, I would love if you can put your plugins in the top bar where all the other icons are to save a row and make it fit in.
    This isn't how it works right now? The image below shows how it supposed to looks like.

Also, I want to be able to overlap two different instances so I can get them as close to each other as possible. It is extremely important for me that I can fit two windows in the area you can see in the below picture.
    This is a bug with window snap where the instance doesn't check is the statusbar isn't active and make a gap between them.

A feature Skada has is that if you put your mousepointer all the way up to the left corner of your screen, you get a confirmation-menu asking if you want to reset all instances. Yes or No. Awesome feature. I want that.
    I didn't get this. Why move the mouse to the far top left corner instead of clicking on the reset button.

Lastly, I don't want the scrollbar active at all // I use now is keybinds to scroll up and down
    Scrollbar by default is disabled, you only have it if you choose to enable on the options panel. At least is how it supposed to work.
    We intent to have key binds, we just need to have all appearance settings done and perfectly working before that.

Thank you so much for your reply. The transparency-bug is really annoying. Haven't tried to put Auto-Transparency ON though, going to try that and see if that works.

About the plugins, you misunderstood me there, I meant the widgets (think they are called that?), not the plugins. I want to be able to put the widgets(?), (Instance segment, Encounter time, Raid dps) on the same bar as the one you have "Damage Done" in your example. This to save a whole bar.

The point with having a reset-function in the corner is that it takes less than a second to just swipe over the whole screen with the mousepointer to the corner and leftclick there and it reset everything instead of moving it slowly to a small button and click on it.

About the scrollbar, I know it's disabled, but as I explained, my mousescroll on the mouse is broken, so I _must_ use your scrollbar to be able to scroll down. It glads me to hear that you will get keybinds later on, so for now I will use the scrollbar to get going.
    The appearance-settings are extremely important, so make sure you continue with that before anything else.

Thanks again for this addon. I'm testing it now and it works wonder in a raidlayout. So will test for a while and come back with even more feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

It worked to set Auto Transparency to ON, like you said. So I'll keep it there for now.

After some actual testings in a LFR-encounter I have some suggestions, bug-reports;

I was carefully watching when the Details-window was working at the same time as I had Skada loaded. It looked really good and was quite close to Skada-numbers. Just one thing that seemed to do it differently, and I don't have a clue what's more correct. It's about the absorb-effects. Noticed that it could differ up to 2-3 millions healing done (absorbs) from a discpriest / holypaladin. Not sure if it's a bug or not, because most of the time both Skada and Details were quite in line with each other with both damage and healing done.

[Bug] For the plugins, fontsize sets itself back to 11 whenever you logout/reloadui so it never stays nomatter what you change it to, I want it to be at 10.

[Bug] When you use the "Create Test Bars" feature, it is only shown if the current instance(s) shows Damage Done.

[Suggestion] for the plugin: Instance Segment that "Fight #x" can be switched out to the actual name of the segment: Immerseus (#x). I haven't tried out any heroic encounters yet because we are still on a break until wednesday, so don't know if your addon will show if it's heroic-versions you fight, if it does not, I would suggest it does, if it already does, it could show for example, (Heroic) Immerseus (#x), etc. You get the idea.

[Suggestion] for the mouseover-tooltip over the actual names, currently you will see THREE spells and THREE targets, and only everything in a window if you click on the names. My suggestion would be to be able to set a number for how many spells / targets you want to see in the mouseover-tooltip. Since I am a healer, I prefer to see ALL healing spells I've used for example, but not everyone wants that, so be able to choose from 3 up to ALL spells / targets available would be awesome.

[Suggestion] to be able to change the size of the plugin-icons on the top. I bet you already knew about this, but still.

[Suggestion] to be able to resize the Player Details window with a resize-button in the corner just like the instance-windows and it should remember the current size.

[Suggestion] to be able to put in own width / height values for the instance-windows as one more option to get stuff like you want them.

That's all for now. Will be actively monitoring Details for a while and come back with more!

Edit: Updated with two more suggestions.
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2014-04-21 at 02:38 PM. Reason: More suggestions

7+ Year Old Account
    really nice add on better then current recount or skade more accurate, is it possible to add in a threat meter like the other ones ?
    or i i just not looking good enough in the add on.

Can I get the ability to show only one number on the right side, the one I currently have selected? For example, if I have Damage Per Second selected, it currently shows something along the lines of:
    Code:
    3. Johnny     192.1K (23.05M, 18.7%)
    I would like to get it to show something like this instead:
    Code:
    3. Johnny                     192.1K
    Being able to hide those numbers in the parentheses would be nice, as most of the time they just add needless clutter, and if I ever actually need them I could turn them on manually.
    Last edited by Feronar; 2014-04-22 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Font sizes stay changed for me, set at 15 and always like that.

wow i really like what I see so far, going to test this tomorrow night during my heroic SoO run.

The point with having a reset-function in the corner is that it takes less than a second to just swipe over the whole screen with the mousepointer to the corner and leftclick there and it reset everything instead of moving it slowly to a small button and click on it.
    This gave me an idea about creating hot corners for wow, same used on window 8 SO, i'm serious.

My suggestion would be to be able to set a number for how many spells / targets you want to see in the mouseover-tooltip.
    We begin this change, half is ready for this week.

to be able to change the size of the plugin-icons on the top. I bet you already knew about this, but still.
    I didn't get this, using the last picture posted, the skull icon and the blue spider seems to match the size of the others icons.

to be able to resize the Player Details window
    Not for now, but we have plans of a options tab for this window.

to be able to put in own width / height values for the instance-windows as one more option to get stuff like you want them.
    You mean type the value of the size as a second option for click n' drag to resize?

is it possible to add in a threat meter like the other ones ?
    Already have, on the gear menu choose Widgets (plugins), on the sword menu choose "Tiny Threat".

Can I get the ability to show only one number on the right side, the one I currently have selected?
    Yeah, that's i think is a must-have feature, our dream is have a text field where the player can customize that using keys like
    "%damagedone% (%dps%, %percetage%)", we hope have this for early May.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    This gave me an idea about creating hot corners for wow, same used on window 8 SO, i'm serious.
    Interesting, go with that idea. Sounds like that could be lots of fun.

I didn't get this, using the last picture posted, the skull icon and the blue spider seems to match the size of the others icons.
    I meant, I want to be able to resize all of the icons so they can all be a smaller format to fit in better with everything else.

You mean type the value of the size as a second option for click n' drag to resize?
    Yes, exactly.

Uhm, I am not sure if you missed one of my suggestions so incase you did I paste it here below. Here goes:

[Suggestion] for the plugin: "Instance Segment" that "Fight #x" can be switched out to the actual name of the segment: Immerseus (#x). I haven't tried out any heroic encounters yet because we are still on a break until wednesday, so don't know if your addon will show if it's heroic-versions you fight, if it does not, I would suggest it does, if it already does, it could show for example, (Heroic) Immerseus (#x), etc. You get the idea.

Once again, thanks for listening and replying!

Deleted
    Consider making this a separate library with a very basic seperate config dialog (dropdown for each corner where you can select which of the functions registered you want to use) and API, then embedding/including that library in Details. Sounds like something that could be useful for other addons too, and making it a library that other authors can embed will go a long way toward avoiding conflicts.

Uhm, I am not sure if you missed one of my suggestions so incase you did I paste it here below. Here goes:
    Yeah i saw that, it's implemented on the next version, left clicking over the instance segment mini display you'll be able to change to show the name of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Consider making this a separate library with a very basic seperate config dialog (dropdown for each corner where you can select which of the functions registered you want to use) and API, then embedding/including that library in Details. Sounds like something that could be useful for other addons too, and making it a library that other authors can embed will go a long way toward avoiding conflicts.
    That's the plan Sir.

r150
    - Fixed issue where mini displayes wasn't saved and back to default values on every logon.
    I still have problems getting the minidisplays saved. Tried different fonts and sizes, when I just close the window manually and reopen the window or reload the interface, both font and fontsize are resetted, on all minidisplays, Instance Segment, Encounter Time & Raid Dps. I haven't tried any other minidisplay plugins because I want to use these. But I guess the settings are global anyways so shouldn't matter which ones I choose.

The hotcorners-feature is really cool, thanks so much for that! Just one small thing I would like you to change, and that is to put the clear-segment icon all the way to the top in the corner instead of having a blank area first.

The framestrata is working as intended, perfect!

The Instance Segment minidisplay looks great, just one thing, can you make it look exactly like in the popup-menu (with the (#x)) after the actual encounter name?

The Error Report button is still fading out at the same time as you change the Window Color transparency, just a reminder.

The customize-feature for the right text in the rows seems handy, I am satisfied with the default look, but it's really cool that you can modify it for those that wants to.

The shift-alt-ctrl interactions are working great. It was really clever to add the text (ctrl/alt/shift) all the way to the right of the row.

- Fixed a issue with window snap where disabled statusbar makes a gap between the windows.
    This is really good, but one thing that annoys me there is that when I have two instances very close to each other like I want them, check picture below, whenever I mouseover the small plugins on the top of the lower instance, and wants to go through the menues (up and down), it interferes with the above instance and I cannot simply use the menues because then I will mouseover the rows on the upper instance and that one will take over the mouseover. So if you could do a priority-check or something for which window you were interacting with first and keep it there till you go away your mousepointer. I really don't know, you might know a better solution though.

Great updates though, keep it up!

Edit: I noticed that the framestrata is not saved on logout (menu: Layer Strata). It resets back to Low.
    ...Noticed that the framestrata actually IS saved, it's just the setting in the options that still says it's Low.

Edit 2: I got some Lua-errors and created tickets for those on the curseforge-site.

Edit 3:
    The Error Report button is still fading out at the same time as you change the Window Color transparency, just a reminder.
    Noticed that this happens also to the other plugins that shows up after the combat, Death log, TimeLine, etc. Also, whenever you get a new segment, the old Death log, TimeLine stuff are gone. If you open the old segments, they cannot be shown anymore. Is this intended?
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2014-04-24 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Bugs

@skmzarn, everything on your last post got fixed/implemented, you are helping so much, thank you.

Also, whenever you get a new segment, the old Death log, TimeLine stuff are gone. If you open the old segments, they cannot be shown anymore. Is this intended?
    Plugin icons hiding right in the start of any fight is a glitch in it's architecture, probably one day this will get fixed but now we have more priorities.