Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was doing Iron Juggernaut earlier and I noticed a massive difference in my healing done (HPS) between Details! and Recount. It usually occurs on fights where I use Spirit Link Totem even though its not even my top healing ability. I mean...I'm a decent healer but I'm not THAT good.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-23 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I was doing Iron Juggernaut earlier and I noticed a massive difference in my healing done (HPS) between Details! and Recount. It usually occurs on fights where I use Spirit Link Totem even though its not even my top healing ability. I mean...I'm a decent healer but I'm not THAT good.
    Ouch, that's is a new world record for hps
    Are you using Activity time? Recently, we did changes on how it is calculated.
    I'd like also to ask to you, when the issue happen again, to go to Custom -> Healing Activity Time and take a look on how much time you were active in the fight, this helps to confirm where are the problem.
    As always, thanks for report the problem.

I still have the data from that boss encounter. I am using Activity time and I died (4m10s) during the fight if that makes a difference. The other healer is #4.

I'm barely getting to know how to use this, so which time measurement should I be using? Are there benefits to using one over the other?
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-23 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I still have the data from that boss encounter. I am using Activity time and I died (4m10s) during the fight if that makes a difference. The other healer is #4.

I'm barely getting to know how to use this, so which time measurement should I be using? Are there benefits to using one over the other?
    As activity time seems to be a little buggy, it's better use effective time just for now.
    The difference between one and the other is effective time takes your total healing and divide with the combat time and activity divide with the time you were doing things in the fight.
    Also effective time is used to measure rankings on warcraftlogs/worldoflogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    As activity time seems to be a little buggy, it's better use effective time just for now.
    The difference between one and the other is effective time takes your total healing and divide with the combat time and activity divide with the time you were doing things in the fight.
    Also effective time is used to measure rankings on warcraftlogs/worldoflogs.
    To make it abit simplier, Recount = Activity time, Skada = Effective time.

The one thing I notice about this addon is how much memory it uses, vast amounts running this thing and advanced combatlogging is certain to cause issues on a mid-level computer. Though I will say it is incredibly detailed and allows for fast and easy examination of logs without needing to upload/tab out. I think it is a great tool for raids that don't want to log on warcraft logs for what ever reason, whether it be for punishment to prevent padding ect.

Sent a test version 1.27.0 with minimalistic skin changes and few small tweaks on windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    The one thing I notice about this addon is how much memory it uses, vast amounts running this thing and advanced combatlogging is certain to cause issues on a mid-level computer. Though I will say it is incredibly detailed and allows for fast and easy examination of logs without needing to upload/tab out. I think it is a great tool for raids that don't want to log on warcraft logs for what ever reason, whether it be for punishment to prevent padding ect.
    In the other hand, Cpu usage is very low, so low-end computers might have a frame rate gain

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Look at how much the client is using.
    Memory usage alone is not bad simply because it is a big number.
    It is simply a necessity for how the addon works.
    It would be reduced in a less functional addon.

I have said this before, but really there shouldn't be that memory usage display in the default UI.
    It is simply misleading as the harder to view CPU usage is what kills performance in the vast majority of cases, not memory usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Wonderful change with the columns, Tercio. Thank you so much for that! In time you won't even need to use WCL (since Details! got so much right now) if you can start exporting data from Details! (or save them). Hehe.

Thanks again!

I'm playing with shammy on Beta but unfortunately i couldn't reproduce the activity time bug yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Wonderful change with the columns, Tercio. Thank you so much for that! In time you won't even need to use WCL (since Details! got so much right now) if you can start exporting data from Details! (or save them). Hehe.
    Thanks again!
    One day perhaps

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, added on new alpha a1.28.2 a old request to be able to change the Scale of windows.

I'm playing with shammy on Beta but unfortunately i couldn't reproduce the activity time bug yet.
    Interesting. I switched it back to Activity Time and managed to reproduce the bug on two fights during flex about an hour ago on the normal MoP servers. I'm 85% sure its Spirit Link totem causing it. I use it at about the 5 second mark for Galakras and the 24 second mark on Iron Jugg (potato quality ).

Seems like Spirit Link causes my activity time to reset to 10s. Its 10s for both fights.

The video showing the bug on the fly was awesome, thank you!
    I'll take a more deep look in this problem.

Deleted
    Is there any option to change the default class colors to custom class colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Is there any option to change the default class colors to custom class colors?
    Not with a GUI, I will arrange that for next week.
    Currently you can change through this slash command, replacing the MAGE (must be in caps) 104, 204, 240 (rgb 1-255) values.

Code:
    /run local CLASS, RED, GREEN, BLUE = "MAGE", 104, 204, 240; _detalhes.class_colors[CLASS][1]=RED/255;_detalhes.class_colors[CLASS][2]=GREEN/255;_detalhes.class_colors[CLASS][3]=BLUE/255

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Look at how much the client is using.
    Memory usage alone is not bad simply because it is a big number.
    It is simply a necessity for how the addon works.
    It would be reduced in a less functional addon.

I have said this before, but really there shouldn't be that memory usage display in the default UI.
    It is simply misleading as the harder to view CPU usage is what kills performance in the vast majority of cases, not memory usage.
    How much memory are we talking? I assume this would only be an issue on a system with 2-4GB ram?

Deleted
    Great changes in the latest build
    The description for the plugins is very helpful when you start using details. I was kind of overwhelmed the first time i saw the plugins
    And the ask to reset was something i was used to have from recount. Great you added it

Quote Originally Posted by Moobid View Post
    How much memory are we talking? I assume this would only be an issue on a system with 2-4GB ram?
    I can't give specific numbers due to lack of opportunity to raid at present.
    But there have been complaints when addons are using several megabytes.
    Rarely would a whole UI be using as much as 1/10th the amount that the client is using.

A heavy UI may use 10s of megabytes, not that big a chunk from 2gb or more.
    And if you are running into memory issues, then addons are generally the least of your problems.
    No, the memory usage of addons simply as a number is not the issue its made out to be.
    People just need to get over that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-10-06 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have a suggestion.

Is there any way you can add the ability to see overall Damage Done and Healing Done on the encounter details window? I know you can see damage done to adds on it, but seeing overall would be nice since it's so easy to just flip between boss segments on it and get a better sense of how people are doing at a glance. Maybe different tabs at the top where the Damage Taken is to switch between the three or another column by making the Encounter Details window wider and show all 3 (Damage Taken, Damage Done, and Healing Done) at once.

Either way, thanks again for the work that you are putting into this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolitsme View Post
    I have a suggestion.

Is there any way you can add the ability to see overall Damage Done and Healing Done on the encounter details window? I know you can see damage done to adds on it, but seeing overall would be nice since it's so easy to just flip between boss segments on it and get a better sense of how people are doing at a glance. Maybe different tabs at the top where the Damage Taken is to switch between the three or another column by making the Encounter Details window wider and show all 3 (Damage Taken, Damage Done, and Healing Done) at once.

Either way, thanks again for the work that you are putting into this addon.
    Hi! I'm adding the suggestion on our 'to do' list, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Great changes in the latest build
    The description for the plugins is very helpful when you start using details. I was kind of overwhelmed the first time i saw the plugins
    And the ask to reset was something i was used to have from recount. Great you added it
    Thanks Sir! I'm glad you liked.

Hi! I'm adding the suggestion on our 'to do' list, thank you.
    I was thinking about this some more last night and maybe an easier/more elegant solution is to just make the open windows switch to the same segment that the encounter details window is showing so all info on screen is for the same segment/boss. This would allow the addon to show exactly what people want with only changing the segment in one place. When you close the encounter details window it could go back to "Current Fight"