Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah, i realise that. but still, that text output doesnt make any sense

I just recently started using Details! and didn't read the 40+ pages, so please excuse if this was asked before:

1. When using /details toggle to hide the windows and /details toggle to show them again, they are not grouped anymore. Is that intentional?

2. Is there a way to permanently get rid of windows? I can use Window Control -> Close This Window, but when using Reopen All or /details toggle it shows up again.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I just recently started using Details! and didn't read the 40+ pages, so please excuse if this was asked before:

1. When using /details toggle to hide the windows and /details toggle to show them again, they are not grouped anymore. Is that intentional?

2. Is there a way to permanently get rid of windows? I can use Window Control -> Close This Window, but when using Reopen All or /details toggle it shows up again.
    1. Windows #1 and #2 should regroup after toggle if they are close to each other, but, if you have for instance, windows #2 and #3, they won't regroup.

2. Yes, this actually is a miss translation where the information about deleting windows isn't in the description. You may delete the window at options -> miscellaneous -> delete window.
    Also to ignore a window on mass toggle: options -> window settings -> ignore mass toggle (make sure to select the window at the bottom right corner).

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    1. Windows #1 and #2 should regroup after toggle if they are close to each other, but, if you have for instance, windows #2 and #3, they won't regroup.
    Hmm, I'm grouping windows #1 and #2, but they are not grouped anymore after toggling. Using version 3.12.7 (which BTW says it's from May 09, 2015, but we only got April ).

2. Yes, this actually is a miss translation where the information about deleting windows isn't in the description. You may delete the window at options -> miscellaneous -> delete window.
    Also to ignore a window on mass toggle: options -> window settings -> ignore mass toggle (make sure to select the window at the bottom right corner).
    Thanks, I would never have looked for window deletion in the options menu.

Hmm, I'm grouping windows #1 and #2, but they are not grouped anymore after toggling. Using version 3.12.7 (which BTW says it's from May 09, 2015, but we only got April ).
    Weird, They're on horizontal or vertical? Are using ElvUI+AddonSkins with embed stuff?

Weird, They're on horizontal or vertical? Are using ElvUI+AddonSkins with embed stuff?
    Vertical. Tried horizontal and that works as expected. Not using ElvUI; same behaviour with all other addons disabled.

Addon updated to v3.13.1 with some important fixes, please update it.

Vertical. Tried horizontal and that works as expected. Not using ElvUI; same behaviour with all other addons disabled.
    I've tried fix this but didn't work as expected, I'll make another one this week.

Hi Tercio, I am hoping you can offer some help with a Details issue I am having. I am using details which I embed with Elvui Addon skins. I recently started using Shadow and Light, which is an addon for enhancing settings in ElvUI. My problem is that every now and then, the right chat window that has details embedded into it...completely disappears mid-combat. I can't tell if this is a details issue or something from one of the other addons. I know you can minimize chat windows, but that isn't what is happening. It goes away, and there is no longer the little arrow there or anything for getting the window back. I guess my question is, with all the addons involved, is there a way to figure out which one is causing this? If I don't embed, Details works great and doesn't have this issue. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Hi Tercio, I am hoping you can offer some help with a Details issue I am having. I am using details which I embed with Elvui Addon skins. I recently started using Shadow and Light, which is an addon for enhancing settings in ElvUI. My problem is that every now and then, the right chat window that has details embedded into it...completely disappears mid-combat. I can't tell if this is a details issue or something from one of the other addons. I know you can minimize chat windows, but that isn't what is happening. It goes away, and there is no longer the little arrow there or anything for getting the window back. I guess my question is, with all the addons involved, is there a way to figure out which one is causing this? If I don't embed, Details works great and doesn't have this issue. Thanks for any help you can offer!
    I don't know what is happening, you may try isolate the problem, disabling one addon each time and guess which one is causing the issue.

I can't for my life understand where you added this "- Added report history on report button". Can you please explain about this feature?

I noticed that the talent Force of Nature pet:Treants for Resto druid (probably other "pethealing abilities as well) is not shown in Overhealing, but is shown as Healing Done.

It's shown under Pets as Treants in Healing Done, and supposedly to add their Swiftmend+Healing Touch together, which it seems to be doing already - which is great. So it's just all about adding this into Overhealing as well.

The skin-support for Player Details Window is awesome. Keep going!

First of all, great addon. I'm currently using/testing it. Used Skada a long time before. Might make the switch completely.
    Just a couple of issues that I noticed (sorry if these were mentioned before):

- I use ElvUI + AddonSkins (+ Shadow&Light if it matters), and I tried to embed Details in the right chat frame (that's what I do with Skada). This embedding is supported by AddonSkins, however when you hide/show the Details window you get several lines of spam messages something along the lines of "You just closed an embedded window, are you sure you wanted to do this?". Workaround was to not embed it using AddonSkins but simply position it there manually and lock the window.

- Details! has a very large memory usage. I used it on our Mythic farm raid yesterday. It was #1 in memory usage. I know that memory usage is not that important anymore, nor is it a performance hit, but a bit more efficiency and less clutter wouldn't hurt, I think. There are some settings that are questionable. I'm looking in particular at avatar images, wallpapers and so on. This seems to be too useless to be included, and only drives up memory usage.

- I've played around with the auto hide/show settings a bit but couldn't find out how to set up Details so that it automatically shows the window when entering combat and hiding the window when you leave combat but still being able to manually show the window when out of combat (and not have it hide again really fast due to being out of combat). If you get what I mean. Currently I'm just manually showing/hiding the window every time I need it or don't need it.

- A guild mate (who also tries it after I told him) with a much worse CPU than me (I have a fairly recent system) told me that Details! causes a noticeable frame drop for him. Not sure if he's exaggerating or not. I haven't found any performance problems yet, but it might just be that my system is powerful enough to not care much.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    - A guild mate (who also tries it after I told him) with a much worse CPU than me (I have a fairly recent system) told me that Details! causes a noticeable frame drop for him. Not sure if he's exaggerating or not. I haven't found any performance problems yet, but it might just be that my system is powerful enough to not care much.
    Is he playing on a toaster? He would have to be running ~2GB of RAM to notice a difference in FPS. At that point he may have to turn his settings to low and close any other applications he may have open. Other than that he should probably look into upgrading if possible. Its pretty cheap, ~$600 to build a decent computer and he's barely pushing past WoW's minimum requirements.

Deleted
    Looks great, i test it today

- Details! has a very large memory usage. I used it on our Mythic farm raid yesterday. It was #1 in memory usage. I know that memory usage is not that important anymore, nor is it a performance hit, but a bit more efficiency and less clutter wouldn't hurt, I think. There are some settings that are questionable. I'm looking in particular at avatar images, wallpapers and so on. This seems to be too useless to be included, and only drives up memory usage.
    Not only is it not a "useful" measure, it is actually detrimental to constructive discussion.
    Look at what the game client is using.
    Memory usage is not hurting performance.

Meters are memory hungry, more so when they offer the variety of analysis tools that Details!, and similar offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    yes we really do. So much is dictated by the ones that channel the boss andd do nothing to cc the boss, stun adds etc. That is the biggest problem i found with teh so called newer raiders. They don't understand that teh fights go well when they have fellow raiders doing the extra things. i have said this to many people when reading logs for applicants as well. If you look at what is happening in the fight say tank deaths etc you can see what bosses don't die, healers go OOM, dps is lower etc. i raided with a great group in SoO and our DPS-DMg was going sky high because everyone did their part. I play a lockj and sure I did alot on same immerseus --LOL hehe but on certain fights i stunned or changed to my alt spec to help teh raid increase dmg. Meters should make those stats more accessable--yes I know its easier to educate folks but good luck with that.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. What can this do that skada cant? If this is going to be the new go to meter it really should get rid of all the bloat graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. What can this do that skada cant? If this is going to be the new go to meter it really should get rid of all the bloat graphics.
    I would suggest that you actually read this thread through if you are interested into knowing the differences between Skada and Details, and also on the Details' infopage.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I can't for my life understand where you added this "- Added report history on report button". Can you please explain about this feature?

I noticed that the talent Force of Nature pet:Treants for Resto druid (probably other "pethealing abilities as well) is not shown in Overhealing, but is shown as Healing Done.

It's shown under Pets as Treants in Healing Done, and supposedly to add their Swiftmend+Healing Touch together, which it seems to be doing already - which is great. So it's just all about adding this into Overhealing as well.

The skin-support for Player Details Window is awesome. Keep going!
    Hover the report button:

I'm taking note of this overhealing issue.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, great addon. I'm currently using/testing it. Used Skada a long time before. Might make the switch completely.
    Just a couple of issues that I noticed (sorry if these were mentioned before):

- I use ElvUI + AddonSkins (+ Shadow&Light if it matters), and I tried to embed Details in the right chat frame (that's what I do with Skada). This embedding is supported by AddonSkins, however when you hide/show the Details window you get several lines of spam messages something along the lines of "You just closed an embedded window, are you sure you wanted to do this?". Workaround was to not embed it using AddonSkins but simply position it there manually and lock the window.

- I've played around with the auto hide/show settings a bit but couldn't find out how to set up Details so that it automatically shows the window when entering combat and hiding the window when you leave combat but still being able to manually show the window when out of combat (and not have it hide again really fast due to being out of combat). If you get what I mean. Currently I'm just manually showing/hiding the window every time I need it or don't need it.

Thank you for the feedback!

1- This message is only intended if you have the options panel opened. Take a look in your AddonsSkins version.
    2- Avatars and Wallpapers aren't hosted by Details!, both are from wow client data. Our usage of memory goes directly to combat log data and caches.
    Memory only impacts the performance for poor interface addons which calls UpdateAddOnMemoryUsage() every second making the wow client spend cpu resources counting the amount of memory usage, lol.
    3- It should be Auto Hide - When While Out of Combat - Alpha 0.
    4- Details! is pretty low on cpu resources, tell the guy to install AddOns Cpu Usage, the link is on my signature, It might help him overall.

I may have missed it but is there an overall window similar to Skada?

Deleted
    Whats the difference between this and Skada for example? Whats the competetive edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Krigartanten View Post
    Whats the difference between this and Skada for example? Whats the competetive edge?
    Details!

Just kidding, one of the main differences I've noticed is how it calculates absorption overhealing. It is far more accurate than even WCL.