Magic: The Threadining

We don't have a MTG chat thread in the Chat Zone for chatting!

Let's talk about MTG! What guild did you pick for RTR? Why didn't you go with Dimir? Why are you afraid to admit to U/B superiority?

I haven't played since Legends expansion. You think it's easy to pick up still? the game play that is.

A bunch of my friends started playing or picked up their decks again after years, I managed to snag a black deck made from boosters from my friend, and it only took 1 night of 5 games for me to get into it. My plan is to build a black/white deck.

also that spider in the green deck with deathtouch is a pain in the ass to deal with.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i have one of each decks for rtr. cant afford it anymore so I just play wow and nothing else now. But I want to continue collecting the duel decks. they are sweet. Im a really big precon deck fan

Deleted
    also that spider in the green deck with deathtouch
    you mean deadly recluse? i always use that in my green decks

Quote Originally Posted by instantgraphite View Post
    you mean deadly recluse? i always use that in my green decks
    He won me a match over the weekend. I was playing with my old infinity deck, roommate playing with my old awesome extort deck, new magic playing buddy was using his green and blue something deck. Roommate had exquisite blood out and vizkopa guildmage, but wasn't able to start the combo because I had vault sirge out and other dude had Deadly Recluse, so he couldn't send in Basicila Screecher for a love tap.

Anyways.... I started back in Avacyn Restored, slowly started spending too much money, so 6 months ago I sold my entire collection to my roommate. Afterwards, 2 buddies started playing, so that threw me back into playing a bit, borrowing decks, as I don't want to restart spending and playing. I have been itching to build a black devotion deck, totes it would only cost under $20, so I feel like I can get away with it.... until everyone knows how to play against it and i'm forced to make 10 more decks. Grr.

I still have a huge love for Ajani, so hearing there was a new Ajani card pissed me off. I didn't keep ANY of my cards, I was flirting with keeping the Ajani's, and an Oliberator and a Skittles, but I didn't want to break up the playset of Oblits and that infect deck needed both Skittles. Part of the allure of selling in bulk, was content, rare stock, and the dozen or so hotly tuned decks. I did not want to break up any of that.

In totally, we played 4 matches over the weekend, showing my buddy some of the decks we had etc and he was in awe of them. He was amazed at how fast they were. He said by turn 4, he was happy saying "hey, I have a 3/3 that flies!" meanwhile, I'm swinging at him for 15. Vampire deck, pod deck, extort, life gain, slivers, creatureless, mill.... he got a lesson.

OP mentioned guild, i was full on Azorius. GAAIV commander deck of suffication.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who plays standard looking forward to Fate Reforged?

I also play EDH a lot :P

I have a Sharuum deck, a Zombie deck, and a Rafiq deck. All casual but my Sharuum one used to be super serious with chances to get early combo wins. The deck was so cheese I got bored of it and made it flavorful instead of broken.