Proving Grounds Question

So I recently got bored and decided to attempt to get to wave 30 on endless, to my great surprise, first try got me to wave 27 before I ran out of time killing things. Ever since then though, I haven't been able to get past wave 17, I seem to just be stuck at this point. After attempting it roughly 12 or so more times, I'm gonna have to put it down to RNG. If the guards are facing you at the wrong time, you won't make it. Although, it could very well be that I'm doing something wrong. I tried watching videos of how other people have done it, none of what they did has really worked for me, I sort of made up my own strategy on the fly without knowing the waves beforehand and it's worked out very well actually, but it feels like there's just too much health to get through starting around wave 14 or so in order to get all the mobs down before the timer.

If anyone cares to check my gear and how I have gemmed/reforged/enchanted, my armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emorize/simple. At the moment I'm going for a crit > mastery >= haste build, that paired with GoSac gives me awesome chaos bolt hits and a nice amount of crits per cast. I just want to figure out how to get to wave 30 so I can get the title and never have to do the dps one ever again, although I do have to admit compared to the tank one, DPS is simple. Anyone who has had similar issues got any tips? The only problem waves I have are wave 7, 17 and 27, although for some reason wave 4 gives me trouble at times. Not 14 or 24, just 4. No idea why.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=219282/w...lesspds-wave-7

I started between the orange and blue on the left (see the map).

1) fear amber weaver on the left of the map
    2) kill banana tosser asap : chaos bolt + shadown burn
    3) keep the amber weaver on the left feared
    4) try to have the other amber weaver to put the orange ball on the mob in the middle
    5) havoc one of the two other blue with its back turned then chaos bolt the one in the middle
    6) keep amber weaver under control

You want to get rid of the banana first then 2 or 3 mogu with the shield. After that, you just want to move the orange ball to kill both amber weaver as fast as possible.

Wave 4... just be aware about your position. You DO NOT want the amber weaver to catch its own orange ball. Use Havoc as soon as one shield is in amber and you are behind a shield's back.

Havoc Havoc Havoc !

I used my Dark Soul skill for waves 4, 7, 10. Used the buff on X7 and 10/20/30.

Regarding the gems, I don't know as I am newbie with the warlock. I started playing it to do the proving grounds in endless mobs. I used intel/mastery for my red socket, mastery for the yellow and hit/mastery on the blue.

Are you using the conflag glyph (really good for the banana fuc*** :P ?
    Last edited by mmocceca20d1fe; 2014-03-21 at 02:44 PM.

Nah, I'm using KJC so I can cast incinerate while I run and 2 conflags and an incinerate usually takes it down.

Yeah I'm just putting it down to getting wave 30 achievement is all RNG. No matter how good I'm doing, if the guards aren't facing away from me at the right time, I fail. It's inevitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    Yeah I'm just putting it down to getting wave 30 achievement is all RNG. No matter how good I'm doing, if the guards aren't facing away from me at the right time, I fail. It's inevitable.
    No it is not RNG.

Do you use your teleport and gateway ? If you do, it is impossible to have both shields facing you while the guy in the middle is trapped in the amber.

Place your teleport next to a mob shield on the side and place your gateway from one side to the other shield side.

I am not saying it is easy if warlock is not your main character.
    I must have spent 4 hours to get this achievement because I never played a warlock before (just during the leveling), the gear I had had almost 0 gems socket and I didn't even have weakaura to track my proc so I spent a lot of time wiping because of my bad UI setup.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    No it is not RNG.

Do you use your teleport and gateway ? If you do, it is impossible to have both shields facing you while the guy in the middle is trapped in the amber.

Place your teleport next to a mob shield on the side and place your gateway from one side to the other shield side.

I am not saying it is easy if warlock is not your main character.
    I must have spent 4 hours to get this achievement because I never played a warlock before (just during the leveling), the gear I had had almost 0 gems socket and I didn't even have weakaura to track my proc so I spent a lot of time wiping because of my bad UI setup.
    My lock is my main, which was why I was beginning to wonder if I was just terrible at it while I was doing this. After trying some new stuff tonight I finally got wave 30 though, just had to stun one of the guardians while another was in amber and hit them both with a havoc'd chaos bolt while using one of the berserker buffs, one shot both of them, so I was able to take them out and have about 20 seconds to spare in that wave. If they were immune to stuns it would be infuriating to try and work it out.

And no, I didn't use my teleport or my gateway, even when I do set them I never end up using them, either because I never need to or I forget that it's there in the heat of the moment and just don't use it. I have terrible memory when it comes to the portal in particular, I've never really gotten the hang of using it, so I usually just try to make do without it.

Deleted
    Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Congrats !
    Thanks I was just frustrated when I posted that thing about RNG, I tend to rant a bit when something bothers me and I can't figure it out immediately. Next is tank proving grounds to 30 and then healer, so I've got quite a bit of work cut out for me still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    Thanks I was just frustrated when I posted that thing about RNG, I tend to rant a bit when something bothers me and I can't figure it out immediately. Next is tank proving grounds to 30 and then healer, so I've got quite a bit of work cut out for me still.
    The good thing with PG is that all roles are doable with all classes (if your class has the spec for the role of course) even if some have easier time than others.

Compared to the damage dealers proving grounds, tanks and healers have to use skills (or way to play) that they don't normally use.

I don't usually care about achievements but I am happy to have those.

Good luck again.

Yeah I noticed that, I'm stuck on like wave 6 of tank and I cant' even pull off bronze healer yet, so I've got to learn how to heal and get back into practice for tanking. I did manage to get the achievement for doing a trial in the wrong spec by doing silver tank on my lock, it was interesting, to say the least.