Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

The Final Cinematic

Hey folks,

Not sure if there's been much discussion or information already on this subject, but has there been any sort of indication as to whether they'll have a fully CGI cinematic at the end on Reaper of Souls? It's been common practice with Blizzard in their expansions (not counting WoW) to have an intro cinematic (which we've already seen) and an outro cinematic. It's been standard for them, from Heart of the Swarm all the way back to their 90s games, like Lord of Destruction, and Beyond the Dark Portal. I guess WoW is a little different, since it's an on-going thing, but there's been little indication of an outro cinematic. Most of the ads have just shown repeated clips from the intro cinematic and no little teasers from an outro.

It's not a big deal; it won't make or break the game. It's just I, like many Blizzard fans, love their cinematics, and feel it would be a shame if they passed on doing an outro cinematic for Reaper of Souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there will be.

Deleted
    Yes there will be one.

I'm looking for it! I want to know how the story will evolve (though i have a couple of speculations and other things that have already been discussed previously).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm looking for it! I want to know how the story will evolve (though i have a couple of speculations and other things that have already been discussed previously).
    only read this if you want to get spoilered massively the evils are apparently all free, or at least Diablo thanks to Maltheal, so we'll face another invasion soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCr5Oq_DF74 This isn't it is it? (Spoilers obviously)
    that's not the CGI cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    only read this if you want to get spoilered massively the evils are apparently all free, or at least Diablo thanks to Maltheal, so we'll face another invasion soon
    Well, i dont think this ends all. Spoilers ahead: both the prophecy stated by the priest in act 1 aswell as videos (search D3 Wrath on YT) tell us we will need to face wrath. Angel of Wrath is Imperius, which is a) very "angry" towards nephilims b) in the YT video we see him ignoring the will of the council to give Diablo a process and killing him on the spot, only to get covered by his blood.

Very likely the Black Soulstone has a role in that, like as a container for Diablo soul (and other evils aswell) waiting for the right moment to get into another host.
    Much speculations and assumptions though.

it'll be a guy in stormwind waking up from a coma and it was all a dream...

(it's how the walking dead will end too, Rick's coma induced dream is the zombie apocalypse)

Blizzard always does final CGI cinematic, only place they didn't have time to do it was Ilidan/Arthas fight in Frozen Throne, I read in couple interviews that CGI team always regrets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    that's not the CGI cinematic
    Obviously it's not CGI cinematic but the file name for that video in Reaper of Souls is called "Outro". Outro cinematic means ending cinematic and nothing comes after it in the expansion. You can datamine current game data. All other ACT V footage are available there too. The chance is they may update those files to include CGI part in order to avoid spoilers. Still, that doesn't make sense. If they want to avoid spoiler in the beginning they should have just locked all videos of Act V until a few days before launch not just CGI part of outro. It appears that Blizzard doesn't care about spoilers this time. That's why they have all ACT V cutscene open to be datamined. Another reason for this speculation is that the recent TV spot doesn't have new scene. TV Spots for vanilla have tons of new scene. Therefore, everything now leans toward Blizzard not having CGI outro for the expansion. Of course, I would be happy to see new cinematic but I won't pin too much hope.
    Last edited by nowuniverse; 2014-03-21 at 11:54 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those were my fears, but I hope it not to be the case.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems my fears were confirmed.

Love the expansion and everything they've done to improve the game. No CGI cinematic was just a bit a of a let down, really I know that a cinematic does not define a game, but Blizzard are renowned for their cinematics, and it's a tradition in their single player games to have them, even with expansions. Shame

Yeah, the ending cinematic was a huge disappointment for me as well

Just a warning, beware of spoilers. Feel free to discuss it anyway - i'll put a *SPOILER* tag on thread title if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Past = WoW // Present = Diablo // Future = Starcraft

On the same planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of a CGI outro cinematic was a bit of a letdown for me. Fortunately it's the only blemish on an otherwise marvelous expansion so far - i LOVED Act 5 and won't get tired of it anytime soon, and i'm already very addicted to Adventure Mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah huge letdown for me too but I half expected it due to their... you know... stance on things lately. But Act 5 was pretty cool. I think it's the least worth it part of the expansion though--- rifts and adventure mode should be more interesting in the long run.

just saw it, wtf i still can't believe this is the ending cinematic of a bliz game....