Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You know what the US just doesn't have enough of? Dead Babies.

At least that's what anti-vaxxers must think.

They've managed to bring back Pertussis in addition to measles. So... yay for them?

Researchers compared areas with significant numbers of parents who chose not to vaccinate their children for nonmedical reasons to areas that were affected by the 2010 whooping cough outbreak in California. They found that people living in areas with high nonmedical vaccine exemption rates were 2.5 times more likely to also be located in an area with high levels of whooping cough.

"Not vaccinating your child is not a benign decision. It has real health consequences to the individual child and to the community," explained study senior author Saad Omer, an associate professor of global health, epidemiology and pediatrics at Emory University in Atlanta.
    I wonder what's next on their agenda? Polio? Mumps? Oh maybe next they'll perform a Lazarus miracle on Smallpox!

Wasn't there just a locked thread on this?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wasn't there just a locked thread on this?
    Was there? I didn't see one in the first couple pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, a day or 2 ago after 51 pages it got locked because of general stupidity.

and Im going to hell thinking this thread was a dead baby joke thread.

Texas's measules outbreak was due to the double wammy of anti vaccine AND religion! Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Was there? I didn't see one in the first couple pages.
    I thought so, not that I don't enjoy your threads laize

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought so, not that I don't enjoy your threads laize
    Bromances are that way ----->

aww and here i thought it was a dead baby joke thread.. :<

People are stupid and their children and many others will suffer the consequences.

But but, vaccines give my kids autism and narcolepsy...
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Imagine actually thinking that vaccinating against the flu is useful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And probably homosexuality. Just sayin... I've never met a gay anti-vaxxer. On an unrelated note, I have never actually met an anti-vaxxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Imagine actually thinking that vaccinating against the flu is useful at all.
    But but, non-issue side effects are worse than death itself.

lolidontknowhatiscataplexybutiwavethetermaroundthinkingido
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

If parents are going to not vaccinate their kids and expose them to diseases that will kill them you really only have two options, you either have to violate the parents rights and remove the child from its family or you have to let the child die in the name of freedom. Both options suck, but I'm so sick of these people that at this point I am really just numb to it.

Deleted
    But aren't the only ones affected by this the none vaccinated? The ones that had the vaccine taken is probably free from the illness? So couldn't the ones that have taken the vaccine just sit there and let the weeds fall?

On topic though. I dont vaccinate when it comes to simple stuff like the flu and such. I'd rather get it and become real immune then vaccinate and lose the immunity a few years later(yes, thats how the normal flu vaccines work). But I would encourage to take the vaccine for more deadly illnesses where the vaccine have been in use and perfected over time.
    Last edited by mmoc76f50992c4; 2014-03-21 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    But aren't the only ones affected by this the none vaccinated? The ones that had the vaccine taken is probably free from the illness? So couldn't the ones that have taken the vaccine just sit there and let the weeds fall?
    Here we go again, now we are going to spiral downwards with people going "only non-vaccinated people are affected" and the other side "herd immunity yo".

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post

On topic though. I dont vaccinate when it comes to simple stuff like the flu and such. I'd rather get it and become real immune then vaccinate and lose the immunity a few years later(yes, thats how the normal flu vaccines work). But I would encourage to take the vaccine for more deadly illnesses where the vaccine have been in use and perfected over time.
    There are people who cannot be vaccinated due to real medical reasons.

Threadnaught has been resurrected!

I see we've already had the usual "but only anti-vaxxers would be affected so what's the big deal?"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Threadnaught has been resurrected!

I see we've already had the usual "but only anti-vaxxers would be affected so what's the big deal?"
    Tradewind, how you doing tonight buddy?

Tradewind, how you doing tonight buddy?
    I'm about to not be in this thread anymore so otherwise, fine.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm about to not be in this thread anymore so otherwise, fine.
    join me! Trying to argue why Spanish is a ok in schools from a Texan's point of view. Need smartass backup!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    join me! Trying to argue why Spanish is a ok in schools from a Texan's point of view. Need smartass backup!
    lol..wait what?