Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What to do against cyclone, fear, polymorph, ... ?

Hi guys,

first, I hate pvp in WoW, I just force myself to play with my friends for their weekly points.

Anyway, I play a MW monk (I know it is overpowered, I am not complaining because it is weak). My only problem is when we face hunter/mage/druid ... and I am permanently controlled. What do you guys do when that happens ?

I keep my trinket for when my mate is dying to life cocoon him and try to save him but most of the time, it is not possible because as soon as I use my trinket, I am unable to play because of those stupid CC abilities on a GCD.

I try to use ring of peace to avoid being controlled again while I can heal but if they play well, I get interrupted. I also tried to run out of sight to heal but the guy I want to heal either is out of sight too or I don't have enough time to cast Soothing Mist long enough for the instant cast of Enveloping Mist before being controlled again.

So obviously, I am definitely not the best mw monk in pvp but I wouldn't say I am a bad one either, let's say average.

Here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A4/advanced

Any tips from healers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Deleted
    I don't play MW myself, but there's one thing I can tell you, swap out your Expel Harm glyph for the Paralysis glyph. Counter cc with cc and all that. Also, don't MW's have Nimble Brew? That's two trinkets, be glad that you're not a Holy Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuda View Post
    I don't play MW myself, but there's one thing I can tell you, swap out your Expel Harm glyph for the Paralysis glyph. Counter cc with cc and all that. Also, don't MW's have Nimble Brew? That's two trinkets, be glad that you're not a Holy Paladin
    I thought about the paralysis glyph but we don't use DoT on class we want to control but yeah I will give it a try.

Nimble brew only works for fear/root/stun and doesn't work on Cyclone, the ice thing from the hunt or the polymorph so it is only a second trinket against Warlocks.

Deleted
    Which classes are your buddies playing, if you don't mind me asking?

Deleted
    Which classes are your buddies playing, if you don't mind me asking?
    We don't have a team. We just create teams with people who want to do some pvp.

Most of the time I play with SP, Hunt, EnhSham, War, mage, rogue, ... so it always changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    We don't have a team. We just create teams with people who want to do some pvp.

Most of the time I play with SP, Hunt, EnhSham, War, mage, rogue, ... so it always changes.
    The shadow priest should be multi dotting for talent procs, take the Paralysis glyph as Rekuda said, also take Enduring Spheres instead of the Renewing Mists glyph.

Try to make your team soak the freezing trap, should usually come after the scatter shot so be ready, as for the rest, you just need to be one step ahead, when you get polymorphed and say you have no trinket, your team need to be ready to play on the defensive and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc8e0b60d5b6; 2014-03-21 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethaine321 View Post
    The shadow priest should be multi dotting for talent procs, take the Paralysis glyph as Rekuda said, also take Enduring Spheres instead of the Renewing Mists glyph.
    Yup, I will change my glyphs as you guys advised.

Regarding my main problem with the full control for too many seconds ? Any ideas ?

I already paralyze the enemy who control me with cyclone, ... most of the time they use their trinkets to control me again (my rating is ~1400 so I assume that won't be the case with higher rating) and there the paralysis glyph will be useful.

Deleted
    Yup, I will change my glyphs as you guys advised.

Regarding my main problem with the full control for too many seconds ? Any ideas ?

I already paralyze the enemy who control me with cyclone, ... most of the time they use their trinkets to control me again (my rating is ~1400 so I assume that won't be the case with higher rating) and there the paralysis glyph will be useful.
    Well, this is pretty obvious but make sure your partners kick their important casts and peel for you, really the only thing I can think of right now. Don't forget that you have an interrupt yourself that also silences them for 2 seconds if they're facing you.
    EDIT: Do you make use of Transcendence?

Deleted
    Well, this is pretty obvious but make sure your partners kick their important casts and peel for you, really the only thing I can think of right now. Don't forget that you have an interrupt yourself that also silences them for 2 seconds if they're facing you.
    EDIT: Do you make use of Transcendence?
    I already kick, ring of peace, use transcendence whenever I can. I can only kick them if they are in melee range which is not the case most of the time.

That's probably one of the problem too. My mates just focus on the guy to kill and not really the guy who controls me. (I am not really familiar with all the "obvious" thing as I just started the pvp, my mates are the ones who like pvp and are kind of used to it).

When there is only one boring class like that, it is fine. I use my interrupt, silence, etc while my mates kill the focus but when there is a mage, druid, hunter together, I have no idea what I can do to be able to heal my friends. Especially when they change the control they use on me because it will always be 7 seconds. :x

Deleted
    Need your team to peel like Rekuda said.

Deleted
    Position, something that nobody in my mates cares about. They just run everywhere so I end up running after them and get cc'd.

We will try to work on that. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are standing on you, you can use ring of peace and interrupt it with that. You can also then teleport then just stay out of los. Also for syclone, its range is not as much as other spells so you might be able to just roll back and avoid it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

From my experience in playing as a healer in pvp, make love to that pillar. Humping a pillar or some sort of LoS is the only way to go. Monks actually do fairly well with this. Drop your port behind the pillar and when you go out into the crossfire just port back if shit hits the fan.

I already kick, ring of peace, use transcendence whenever I can. I can only kick them if they are in melee range which is not the case most of the time.

That's probably one of the problem too. My mates just focus on the guy to kill and not really the guy who controls me. (I am not really familiar with all the "obvious" thing as I just started the pvp, my mates are the ones who like pvp and are kind of used to it).

When there is only one boring class like that, it is fine. I use my interrupt, silence, etc while my mates kill the focus but when there is a mage, druid, hunter together, I have no idea what I can do to be able to heal my friends. Especially when they change the control they use on me because it will always be 7 seconds. :x
    You spam healing spheres. 1400 rating they start cc chain when everything is full health so you can just sit cc because its dr when something is near death .When your friend get low you need about 3 sec to top him whit spheres so you need learn how low you can you can let your friend go before trinket. Also tell your friend los or come near you when they are low and you sit cc . Use chibrew and go full crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    If you are just playing for cap then What does it matter? If your a rookie playing random comps against real comps with good players then you won't win.
    Well, I don't know. Why would someone stay a victim of a bad design when he can do something about it ?

Even if I won't reach 2kX rating, I don't want to enter an arena thinking I am gonna lose because there is a fucking druid, mage, hunt or one of those classes with OP CC on a gcd.

@t3180 : I already try to use my Healing Sphere (top heal most of the time) but I find it hard to run after them and drop the healing sphere at their feet while I try to be out of sight from the guy who can CC me. I guess I need to get used of the arenas. I'll take into accounts all the things you wrote and see what happens.

Thanks.

Positioning is the best way to avoid CC, most heals have much bigger range than the CCs, so try to heal on max range. You can heal light damage behind a pillar with your statue, when you need more heal, be sure the keep near a pillar.

You can also simply avoid the CC (the CC is being cast, you see it and):
    - You can use roll to get out of the CC range.
    - You can use your teleport to change your position.
    - You can try to interrupt it if the enemy got too close.
    - You can CC back.
    - There are a few CCs that break on damage (for instance, polymorph) you can use a macro to taunt the enemy pet when you see the enemy casting, this will make the pet attack you, thus breaking the effect.

Another good tip is communication, don't waste your trinket/brew for nothing, if you get CCed you don't HAVE to trinket, my healer does that all the time, he says, I don't want to trinket this, so I use a defensive cd (or just go behind the pillar). Also, tell your friends to stop CC chains.

Finally, if you are stunned and you know that big damage is comming, just use LC to reduce the pressure, if you are lucky enough you can save your trinket/brew.

This is probably just a result of 1) poor positioning, 2) your teammates not helping you enough (eating traps? interrupting CCs? LoSing/playing defensive while you're CCed?), and 3) playing random crappy comps.

Number 2 is very important. The best healer in the world is gonna end up sitting through CC if his teammates do nothing to help, either in terms of stopping CC or in terms of minimizing the damage they take while you're CCed.

I think having Xuen is a terrible choice as a healer... I would get chi torpedo because it's a great escape to los or out range a CC and with the glove perk you can easily get away... What I have trouble with when facing a MW is that you just manipulate your green healy thingy to heal the lowest member. Either that or your friends need to stay in LoS so you can get a quick heal. Also the use of your healing bubbles on the ground is insanely good, just have your team kite into the bubbles healing themselves.

As for the Hpal comment by Rekunda.. you have trinket/freedomx2/bop/x2 and bubble... don't give me that crap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dephloc View Post
    I think having Xuen is a terrible choice as a healer... I would get chi torpedo because it's a great escape to los or out range a CC and with the glove perk you can easily get away... What I have trouble with when facing a MW is that you just manipulate your green healy thingy to heal the lowest member. Either that or your friends need to stay in LoS so you can get a quick heal. Also the use of your healing bubbles on the ground is insanely good, just have your team kite into the bubbles healing themselves.

As for the Hpal comment by Rekunda.. you have trinket/freedomx2/bop/x2 and bubble... don't give me that crap!
    I don't even play a holy pally m8.

Deleted
    Dude, as MW you will be very susceptible to cc which is Monk's weak spot. You will need to rely on your partners to stop or get you out of cc most of the times.

Nevertheless, there are thing you can do to avoid cc.

1. Use your sprint/roll to outrun opponents who are advancing to land a cc EX. Disc prist sprinting with feather towards you means his coming to fear sprint/roll away.
    2. Use your port if you are in the middle and you see that someone is trying to cc (you are rarely the kill target)
    3. You need to anticipate cc. EX: Hunter running towards you means his coming to scatter-->trap you. As scatter has low radius you can disarm/para him to avoid getting trapped.

I think having Xuen is a terrible choice as a healer
    you can't be more wrong and pls don't give lame advises if you don't even play a monk

You should always spec Xuen. Summon it and keep it on passive there is a 50% chance that he will eat a trap, more if the hunter is bad at aiming traps.

If you play caster cleave like myself, and we are trying to kill a cast/healer on the opposite team I would summon Xuen for some extra dmg and cast ROP on him so he can silence the nuke target. There are a lot of things you can do with it and its way better than torpedo in almost every scenario.

Nevertheless, depending on your race (undead) you have 3 different ways of getting out of cc, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Hope this helps!