Question Is there a way to show 'Timeless Isle rare spawned' in the middle of my screen?

Is there a way to show that a Timeless Isle rare has spawned as some kind of splash on my screen?

Right now I get the tells in [1] General Chat, but they are kind of lost in the clutter of my normal chat. Is there a way to have those announcements show via MSBT, a dedicated chat box, or Weak Auras or something? Maybe a keyword script with 'rare' in it?

I usually only have about 30 seconds to react when something spawns - I want my screen to scream at me

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know _NPCScan and SilverDragon will alert you but only if you're within range of the addon.

Outside of that not sure.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not at my WoW computer right now, but there is some addon that does something similar to what you're asking. I think it came from curse, so go there search the word timeless.

There are addons that can alert you about rares, however they rely on other people using the same addon to share the information.
    Search Curse/Wowinterface and you'll find some. Which ones are good depends on the rest of your server.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Hell if that existed - could i maybe get it to tell me that TLPD spawned as long as I'm in The Storm Peaks? No? didn't think so.

Some like NPCScan will detect the present of a nearby NPC, as long as the game can "see" it.
    Might need the cache cleared regularly to help maintain its ability to detect.
    RareCoordinator is effectively crowd-sourcing the information, so that users of the same faction and the same realm will be broadcasting spotting, status and deaths of the rares giving timers when they last died.
    More people means more results, so low populations or lack of users will somewhat reduce its effectiveness.

I use both of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hell if that existed - could i maybe get it to tell me that TLPD spawned as long as I'm in The Storm Peaks? No? didn't think so.
    If it was up? Yes _NPCScan and SilverDragon will. Now if you're way off from where it's at, say you're near the Sons of Hodir FP and it's west of the Earthen FP then yeah it won't. As far as I know there's not one that announces a rare's up in the same zone as you regardless of where you 2 are in relation to each other.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    If it was up? Yes _NPCScan and SilverDragon will. Now if you're way off from where it's at, say you're near the Sons of Hodir FP and it's west of the Earthen FP then yeah it won't. As far as I know there's not one that announces a rare's up in the same zone as you regardless of where you 2 are in relation to each other.
    RareCoordinator, which works only on Timeless Isle does work by sharing that information between users.
    However a rare spawn such as that which is only giving loot to the tagger is not something it would make sense to track.

NPCScan works only as far away as you can "see" the mob, well as far away as you can target it from anyway.
    Bigger ones like Evermaw, Golganarr can be seen from a larger distance than smaller ones.
    Putridus the Ancient in Icecrown could trigger NPCScan as far south as Dalaran.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Putridus the Ancient in Icecrown could trigger NPCScan as far south as Dalaran.
    And Mobus in Vashj'ir can be triggered in Stormwind, and other random areas.

But yeah, like said, if you're camping the rare and just alt tabbing, NPCscan will work nicely, just make sure you have the sound to play while minimized and what not, or if you're in another room, just blast the volume, and I think NPCscan isn't affected by muting WoW music/noises...? Not 100% on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And Mobus in Vashj'ir can be triggered in Stormwind, and other random areas.

But yeah, like said, if you're camping the rare and just alt tabbing, NPCscan will work nicely, just make sure you have the sound to play while minimized and what not, or if you're in another room, just blast the volume, and I think NPCscan isn't affected by muting WoW music/noises...? Not 100% on that though.
    I found it works more reliably, and perhaps only if windowed fullscreen mode.
    In some previous cases it just being fullscreen would cause it not to trigger until alt-tabbing back in, as if it stalls some features.

RareCoordinator plus TomTom wound up being my perfect solution. RareCoordinator alerts me when a rare spawns and then TomTom give me an arrow with the distance. If I see 100 yards I run for it - if I see 700 yards I know I'll never get there in time and keep grinding. Awesome.

Also I can open the RareCoordinator list and see which rares should be spawning soon based on when they were last killed - not perfect but dang close. So I can try and run to where a rare is coming up and farm there until he does.

Improved my rare hunting 100%.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Mashugana; 2014-03-26 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    Is there a way to show that a Timeless Isle rare has spawned as some kind of splash on my screen?

Right now I get the tells in [1] General Chat, but they are kind of lost in the clutter of my normal chat. Is there a way to have those announcements show via MSBT, a dedicated chat box, or Weak Auras or something? Maybe a keyword script with 'rare' in it?

I usually only have about 30 seconds to react when something spawns - I want my screen to scream at me

Thanks.
    You can use Prat to setup alerts for certain words/phrases in chat.