Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Should Form Changing Be Taken Off The GCD ?

    Alright guys, I've been a reader of these forums for quite a while now, and finally decided to make an account to join in the discussions

    Hi

    So yeah, I was wondering how other Moonkins/Druids feel about the shape shift being on the GCD, and if it was removed would it make us OP in anyway ?

    I ask as I find this to be particularly slowing in the fluency of playing a Druid at its core. I love being Druid, and have played Moonkin since I started WoW and have never switched from it. Being able to hop from one form with different benefits and abilities to another at a click of a button is great, and works completely fine. But when your in the peak of gameplay, I feel it would be much much smoother and less clunky to freely shape shift without the delay. This would open doors for all forms to gain access to abilties they either ignore or use cautiously/rarly due to the, possibly fatal downtime from their most efficient form. Or is the judgement in timing and knowing when effiecient shapeshifting is possible, that defines a certain skill level in the Druid community/class. Or would this simply give us too many options to counter/mitigate considerably more damage/mechanics/abilities outside of our chosen role. Granted this is quite minor issue, somewhat effecting PvP situations more so than PvE and certainly not a cause for concern in anyway. Im just curious how others feel if it would make Druid gameplay feel smoother and more free flowing.

    Appreciate any and all positive/constructive feedback

  2. #2
    It just wouldn't work. It would require a redesign of the class to even be plausible.

  3. #3
    Is this due to technical restrictions ?

  4. #4
    Way too OP.

  5. #5
    I can't deny, im in favor of any and all Druid OPness

  6. #6
    No, it shouldn't, first of all balance, second of all, it takes time to change their shape, not the instant zip you see in-game, so it wouldn't make sense either.
    My 3DS FC is 2208-5599-8664, IGN Kira, Fairy Safari; Spritzee, Togepi, Floette. PM if you add me so I can add you back. 6IV Ditto stock: 6 Ask about it and I can make more at request.

  7. #7
    It needs to be on the gcd because of the cc removal benefits it gives. Likewise it would change how the class plays, youd be constantly shifting between forms to get the 'best' damage ability off. We'd see people keeping up rake as moonkin, or some other nonsense. Keeping it on the gcd is probably the best situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.
    This is your stop, time to get off the bandwagon.

  8. #8
    atm the shapeshifting global is not even affected by haste unfortunately. I assume this is all because of the root removal tied to shapeshifting.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,506
    Maybe in WoD since root/snare breaking is 100% going away/being nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe in WoD since root/snare breaking is 100% going away/being nerfed.
    Where have you seen this? They tried to remove it in cata, and gave it back again, so would surprise me if they did it again. I could of course have missed something.. but then please redirect me to it ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe in WoD since root/snare breaking is 100% going away/being nerfed.
    yes because you know exactly what's happening in WoD. I'm sure warriors will remain fear immune and monks/dks will have a million trinket abilities still though

    and it was never gone in cata for resto, just dps specs

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    yes because you know exactly what's happening in WoD. I'm sure warriors will remain fear immune and monks/dks will have a million trinket abilities still though

    and it was never gone in cata for resto, just dps specs
    Yeah which just makes it even more unlikely :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  13. #13
    The Patient Hoopajoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Boonies!
    Posts
    299
    Oh no. No no no no no. Just can't be done. Not because it "can't" be done but the implications of that mechanic coming off of GCD would lead to so many nerf nightmares for the class that it's just not viable to really do so.

  14. #14
    Would have some usefulness in PvE (conveniently hot key it and throw some more Hots and some more mobility, but the internet would blow up from the PVPers. Keep it the way it is so they don't nerf anything else.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Where have you seen this? They tried to remove it in cata, and gave it back again, so would surprise me if they did it again. I could of course have missed something.. but then please redirect me to it ^^
    You think an expansion that will nerf all CC, remove some CC and give more CC cast time will let druids have snare/root immunity? Get real.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  16. #16
    Op as hell, so no.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You think an expansion that will nerf all CC, remove some CC and give more CC cast time will let druids have snare/root immunity? Get real.
    Yes.
    Not even 2 months ago they again said that it was a main thing of what defined druids, and it was highly unlikely they would remove it.

    Now that i've reasoned a couple of times to as why i think you're wrong, maybe you should "get real", and come with yours. Preferable better than a pure guess, please.

    To OP:
    Would be fun, but would be too strong pvp wise which would make them have to nerf other things instead. Basically forcing you to be really good to even get medicore with the druid class.

    Edit:
    Besides. They didn't say they would nerf all CC. Overall you seem just not to know what you talk about.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2014-03-22 at 05:28 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Yes.
    Not even 2 months ago they again said that it was a main thing of what defined druids, and it was highly unlikely they would remove it.

    Now that i've reasoned a couple of times to as why i think you're wrong, maybe you should "get real", and come with yours. Preferable better than a pure guess, please.

    To OP:
    Would be fun, but would be too strong pvp wise which would make them have to nerf other things instead. Basically forcing you to be really good to even get medicore with the druid class.

    Edit:
    Besides. They didn't say they would nerf all CC. Overall you seem just not to know what you talk about.
    You haven't provided any argument at all except saying that it didn't work before. Charge defines warriors just as much and it's being nerfed in WoD instead of now, you're going to be disappointed with your high expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  19. #19

  20. #20
    First thing that comes to mind is people having a bot that will shift for you as soon as you get a root on you. They have them for interupts, so i know they can use them to read other things that you have on your own character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •