Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Wow, are people still going on about that glyph?

Should've just admitted it was a mistake to even add it in the first place.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

But of course they are, it's controversial, blizz says not you can't tank with it but people keep proving you can after nerf after nerf after nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    But of course they are, it's controversial, blizz says not you can't tank with it but people keep proving you can after nerf after nerf after nerf
    If you take it seriously, then it proves just how unbalanced the glyph is, and how much work it needs to redesign it to make it balancable. Or you can just see the examples for what they are, overgeared groups brute forcing content, in which case the composition isn't really important.

I think I should have also added in they they have buffed it considerably as well as the numerous nerfs like by giving us soul leech and adjusting the % of siphon life, drain life, plenty of nerfs followed by plenty of buffs that have kept us fairly close to the same position we started when MoP hit, however we are now funneled down one of 2 paths both of which require soulink.

Personally I would like it if they gave back nether ward and changed the flat 15% to our mastery % but eh I can make do with fury ward

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you take it seriously, then it proves just how unbalanced the glyph is, and how much work it needs to redesign it to make it balancable. Or you can just see the examples for what they are, overgeared groups brute forcing content, in which case the composition isn't really important.
    Sparkuggz tanking challenge modes (gold)

This is scaled content, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlA_9pLOMCM

You will be always against this but its good there is always a need to have something who think Warlock tank would not be awesome!!! pure awesome!

Gonna point out challenge mode gold's even full tank specs splat If they don't keep moving, cause goddamn stuff hits hard in there

Oh and god damn sparkuggz is beast
    Last edited by Munemasa; 2014-04-16 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna point out challenge mode gold's even full tank specs splat If they don't keep moving, cause goddamn stuff hits hard in there
    If you are doing the mass-pulls needed to get good times, yea. He wasn't, and was standing there tanking things (Dodging fires of course). I applaud him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Why would you stand in floor candy as a tank it gives you nothing, doesn't effect vengeance or resolve so why make it harder on your healer and even if it did the gain would be minimal

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you stand in floor candy as a tank it gives you nothing, doesn't effect vengeance or resolve so why make it harder on your healer and even if it did the gain would be minimal
    In C-modes, it DOES give you vengeance.

And there are some things that are probably fire, but gives vengeance for standing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Really why is it different to raiding

Really why is it different to raiding
    Because they changed how vengeance worked in one of the mid-patches and they didn't want to make challenge modes more difficult by changing how vengeance worked in them, so they split up its functionality.

Rightieo seems a bit dumb to me rewarding bad play but that's the way things are

10+ Year Old Account
    Rightieo seems a bit dumb to me rewarding bad play but that's the way things are
    Well thats why they changed it mid expansion, same with out Archimonde's Vengeance ability, and why Vengeance itself is losing its offensive value and becoming Resolve in WoD. It only stayed as it is for CMs because without all the free tank DPS, no one would ever beat times made before the change.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post

Says otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Says otherwise

Deleted
    Says otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Says otherwise

Don't understand this entry =O

Your gear is scaled in c-modes to 463, Spark had to stack stamina in gems slots. Yes tanked it to the limits of current available options for Warlocks.

Imho changing big-V to Resolve will sort out nothing unless blizzard will make each tank benefit from it in same way/fashion. For now Paladin don't even work with Resolve because it is buffing only word of glory which is less attractive than SotR (flat dmg reduction) for bears resolve is questionable, for warriors and dk's it is amazing. So i don't think they have everything worked out.

The only way to fix this is to break "fun/lore" approach by blizzard and give each tank absorb bubble as primary active mitigation and active selfheal active mitigation skill. This way each tank is same also balancing block/parry/dodge plates with only dodge/low parry leathers with eg more stamina or small flat dmg reduction. This is partially happening.

Also think about gear, gear now will not have parry/dodge/shield block (long gone, never forget!) but crit/haste/mastery as primary stats so... tanks will get GCD reduction and a lot of changes that you don't keep in your mind right now. I expect tanks not to do so shitty dmg after all but blizzard will probably intentionally nerf it even more.

Imho with nerf overall to tanks damage we shall see even less tanks and longer queues simply playing tank requires the person to take responsibility. Yes all you do is taking responsibility you don't need to know what are you doing really. Blizzard wants to change this but imho will fail and revert to "dumb mechanics for tanks" as they have problems to convince people to play tanks. What we need is more class to have tank option
    Last edited by mmocd8c4266675; 2014-04-17 at 07:50 AM.

Imho with nerf overall to tanks damage we shall see even less tanks and longer queues simply playing tank requires the person to take responsibility. Yes all you do is taking responsibility you don't need to know what are you doing really. Blizzard wants to change this but imho will fail and revert to "dumb mechanics for tanks" as they have problems to convince people to play tanks. What we need is more class to have tank option
    More tank options won't create tank players out of the blue, but it will allow players who enjoy playing tank - whether as main spec or off spec - to do so more often when on their alts/mains (depending on whatever class they are playing). There's plenty of players I know of who either play or played main-spec tank and played a warlock (as reroll or as an alt) this expansion, I'm sure they would have been able to contribute to the tanking pool while doing so.

It's not the only fix, nor the magical "band-aid" to solve all problems, but it's something, and I'd put it with tri-spec (and the change that is happening, the one where your main stats update based on spec) as things that would all improve grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    More tank options won't create tank players out of the blue, but it will allow players who enjoy playing tank - whether as main spec or off spec - to do so more often when on their alts/mains (depending on whatever class they are playing). There's plenty of players I know of who either play or played main-spec tank and played a warlock (as reroll or as an alt) this expansion, I'm sure they would have been able to contribute to the tanking pool while doing so.

It's not the only fix, nor the magical "band-aid" to solve all problems, but it's something, and I'd put it with tri-spec (and the change that is happening, the one where your main stats update based on spec) as things that would all improve grouping.
    Well it could create tank players if people (like myself) who main a warlock had the option to tank then they may (and I would) tank stuff outside of the main raid. I don't personally have a class which can tank because I don't find balance druid fun and there's no other tank class with a ranged DPS option. I would tank if I had the option on my warlock, even if it was only LFR/LFG/Scenarios, etc.

I do agree that it won't hurt the tank pool by adding in a tank spec for Warlocks, but I don't think the tank pool available for less difficult end-game stuff like LFG would stay the same with its introduction either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't personally have a class which can tank because I don't find balance druid fun and there's no other tank class with a ranged DPS option. I would tank if I had the option on my warlock, even if it was only LFR/LFG/Scenarios, etc.
    Yup, which is a problem, every other combination of roles (melee/range, melee/tank, range/heal, etc.) has at least 2 options, but range/tank only has one, druid, and if you dislike either balance or guardian, well, you're SOL.

I don't particularly like balance myself, either at that :\

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Well it could create tank players if people (like myself) who main a warlock had the option to tank then they may (and I would) tank stuff outside of the main raid. I don't personally have a class which can tank because I don't find balance druid fun and there's no other tank class with a ranged DPS option. I would tank if I had the option on my warlock, even if it was only LFR/LFG/Scenarios, etc.

I do agree that it won't hurt the tank pool by adding in a tank spec for Warlocks, but I don't think the tank pool available for less difficult end-game stuff like LFG would stay the same with its introduction either.
    As I see it, it would help with tank population more in LFD, LFR and PuG groups, far more then it would affect Guilds. When you join a raiding guild, you are recruited for your role, and rarely, if ever, change. If you were recruited as a ret paly, you'll probably stay a ret paly (unless your guild leader is a thug, or you're on the bleeding edge and expected to be able to play all specs). The issue is down in PuG land where role flexibility nearly doubles your chances of getting in, and in LFR/LFD where role flexibility cuts nearly half-an-hour (on my realm) away from your que time. Will it increase the number of active tanks? Marginally. What it will do is shorten ques by sheer pressure relief. Some people will learn or offspec tank just to get through the ques faster, thus shortening ques for everyone. Same goes for all pure dps getting a tank/healing spec, in my opinion.

Demo tank

People will continue to support this as long as it is in the game. But please leave it, I love it!

- - - Updated - - -

I have came up with a pretty good method to warlock tanking in WoD. Just need some back up to push it. Cant do it alone. Many supporters out there, shouting out at ya! Anyway here's the link, check it out:

"seems I cant post a link. GOOGLE BANISHER WARLOCK, you'll find it"

Btw open to all opinions with changing things. Spell names, spec, buffs, and anything really. I'm only one person, and I need more than one persons perspective! Thanks to all who read.