Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So you are asking for a refund due to what I could term an exploit ?
    Good luck with that.
    what exploit ? we as customers have a choice in what shop to buy it , if it's cheaper in 1 shop as the other how is that an exploit ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well, gonna ask Blizzard for a refund then. That's bullshit.

If we can buy the game from the US store and play it on EU... the prices should be the same.
    This isn't due to Blizzard. This is due to import policies in the EU and such. By buying it as an individual and sending it to yourself, you're able to evade those additional fees, and it's quite possibly entirely legal (I'll admit I don't know, but even if it isn't, it's a really minor issue and you probably will never get caught anyway). You'll see similarly increased prices for other games in the EU, for the same reason, most likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fablewynd View Post
    So, I'd imagine we'd need to create a US battle.net account first, then, rather than using an EU account?
    You can literally login with your normal bnet account, change eu.battle.net for us.battle.net, gift it to that email address and play. No proxies, no fake accounts, nothing.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    No, just login like normal and change to US store.
    Buy as gift and add your email (I even used same as the accout I used to buy with).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    You can literally login with your normal bnet account, change eu.battle.net for us.battle.net, gift it to that email address and play. No proxies, no fake accounts, nothing.
    Brilliant. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This isn't due to Blizzard. This is due to import policies in the EU and such. By buying it as an individual and sending it to yourself, you're able to evade those additional fees, and it's quite possibly entirely legal (I'll admit I don't know, but even if it isn't, it's a really minor issue and you probably will never get caught anyway). You'll see similarly increased prices for other games in the EU, for the same reason, most likely.

This doesn't explain how people are paying $40 when the equiv to $40 is 29 euros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    This doesn't explain how people are paying $40 when the equiv to $40 is 29 euros.
    You mean paying $40 USD rather than 40 Euros?

Yes, it explains it entirely. Import tariffs and licensing and all that. Games are often more expensive in the EU because of this stuff. Blizzard doesn't just increase the price randomly because "fuck the EU" or something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i still cant justify $40 for a d3 expansion. ill wait til they have some 50% sale before i buy it

Yes, it explains it entirely. Import tariffs and licensing and all that. Games are often more expensive in the EU because of this stuff. Blizzard doesn't just increase the price randomly because "fuck the EU" or something.
    I said people are paying 29 euros ($40) and not 40 euros which is what the site has it priced at.

Not because of "fuck the EU" but because of "we sell it at a higher price there and there is nothing they can do about it".
    There just was this controversy with gog.com where they wanted to sell some newer titles but the publisher forced them to introduce "regional pricing". Since that goes against the basic principles of the site the customer protested and in the end they didn't introduce it but with the effect that those games will mostly not be available there (and for those that are gog.com will pay the difference themselves).
    You can come up with the big-mac index and stuff like that but in the end they we just pay more.

Thanks for sharing this.