View Poll Results: Would you Like or Dislike a bracketing system based on ilvl at max level in WoD?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd absolute love it.

9 13.04%
  • Yes, but only if the queue times weren't too much longer than they are now.

11 15.94%
  • No, the system is fine now.

16 23.19%
  • No, it would drive up queue times enormously.

33 47.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    This suggestion is retarded. They should make gear make less difference
    This would be nice, but they would also need to make PVE gear less effective. Which they wont because PVE players must see 50 ilvls of difference, else its not an upgrade!

It currently IS like that according to blizzard multiple times, with the down-grade thing built in. According to what I last read on em, the random BG finder will try to match you up with equal-ilvl players if possible, but will rapidly put you into groups with lower ilvl players to fill up group. Thus, lets say that 20 550 ilvl pvp players qued up almost at the same time, the tool would attempt to put them all into the same BG, but prefers putting players into battlegrounds fast over matching ilvls.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I do arenas, not so much this season due to schedule conflicts, but I just look at random bgs as like an lfr to help me get some quick honor or push me to cap my conquest if I only need a little more. Or when I'm bored and want to go for some achievements. Nothing more. The rest of the teams ilvl doesn't mean a thing to me, when it comes to loosing that isn't the only contributing factor. Skill is more important then the gear.

I just started pvping with my mage who had 0 gear, all pve, and could hold my own pretty well. Obviously as I got pvp pieces I noticed I didn't die as much/quickly. But I was still doing pretty well.

Remove factions first so that it wouldn't break queues and it would be fine. They could just use some phasing gimmick to make other people on your team look like your faction so that the HvA feel would remain.

Then again, that sounds an awful lot like work, so let's just make some minor U.I. changes and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Why not, he is the one going to the work of organizing the group.
    Doesn't give the leader the right to freely troll.

I have never seen a healer or tank that was kicking ass and doing their job perfectly get kicked.
    So all those LFR QQ stories on all WoW forums aren't true?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    They more or less are. Get oQueue.

I had a hard time deciding which option to pick. The idea is great in theory, but I feel like it would hurt queues too much. I chose option two because of this. I don't see it happening because I doubt Blizz would allocate the resources to implement it. That being said, I don't really care because I see random BGs as a way of gearing up and learning, they don't need to be super competetive. Anyone who complains about people in random BGs should be doing rated.
    Would not take much, just have queing based on gear level, one you get a full set of BG PVP gear, rated BG's open up for queing. The only major downside it would not stop full geared bots from joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Doesn't give the leader the right to freely troll.
    Umm ya it kinda does. It doesnt stop people from leaving, but his group, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Just like if YOU made your own group you could do whatever you wanted. Why is it that you cannot make your own group?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    So all those LFR QQ stories on all WoW forums aren't true?
    Probably exaggerated. Why would anyone go, "Hey this tank is amazing, he tanks everything never lets anything go, doesnt take hardly any damage.... we should kick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Then there would be almost no point in grinding out said gear.
    Exxxxxxactly. In a perfect world all the players would be capped a static amount of stats and it would revolve more around group comp and player ability. But without the gear treadmill, and the sadistic thrill the hardcore PvPers get from curb stomping people again and again and again. Why would they come back to the hampster wheel? Plus Arena would just utterly collapse without the gear progression to prop it out so people can lust after the temporary title, feat of strength, and personal-character mount. Because, you know, it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    Remove factions first so that it wouldn't break queues and it would be fine. They could just use some phasing gimmick to make other people on your team look like your faction so that the HvA feel would remain.

Then again, that sounds an awful lot like work, so let's just make some minor U.I. changes and call it a day.
    Not an awful lot of work - they did it in the Cavern's of Time instances - Some horde become their alliance counterparts and vice versa. Personally I'd prefer a re-designed, 3 or even 4 way split Arathi Basin (give it a different name so the lore kids don't commit qqicide) with colored teams and no difference between hore and alliance on a given team (everyone would have a little flag sticking up from their back denoting the color of the team they're on etc).

Why is it that you cannot make your own group?
    Because Russians.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

I already have long enough queue times as horde. Wouldn't really want to see that increase >.>

Why should my ilvl make a difference? Maybe a bracketing based on PvP power or something, but bracketing solely based on ilvl would allow PvE players to queue into the max bracket since they get gear that has to be detuned to be suitable for BGs.