Announcing the Guild Wars 2 Tournament of Legends
Greetings fellow Tyrians! Allie Murdock here; Community Coordinator at ArenaNet. I’m excited to announce our first Guild Wars 2 Tournament of Legends on April 26-27 for Europe and May 3-4 for North America.
The Tournament of Legends is special because for the first time ever, we’ll award legendary weapons (and more) to the winning team! Other participants will have a chance to win precursors or other components of a legendary weapon, as well as Black Lion Weapon Tickets. In addition, we’ll have some sweet giveaways for viewers, so make sure to tune in for a chance to win!
Tournament of Legends Details
Dates: Saturday, April 26-27 for Europe, May 3-4 for North America
Team size: 5
Format: This tournament will be a best-of-three, single-elimination tournament, with the finals being best-of-five. We’ll open sign-ups to everyone, but only 16 teams per region will make it into the Tournament (subject to change). Each region will compete on separate weekends.
Map rotation: This won’t be your standard map rotation, because we will be including Temple of the Silent Storm. As such, we’ll have determined rotations per round.
Round 1: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo
Round 2: Temple of the Silent Storm, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire
Round 3: Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm
Round 4: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm, Legacy of the Foefire
Tournament prizes: All prizes are per-player
1st place: Choice of Legendary (Eternity excluded), 2,000 gems, 2 Black Lion Weapon Tickets
2nd place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Choice of Precursor, 800 gems, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
3rd and 4th place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
5th through 8th place: Choice of Gift of Magic or Might, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
- One substitute will be allowed per team, and that substitute will be prohibited from playing for a different team.
- If a player disconnects during a tournament game, play must continue. The match game will not be restarted.
- In the event of a server crash or other event that causes all players to disconnect, the match game will be restarted.
- Play will begin when all players have pressed the ready button, or when the judge manually begins the match game. Judges will manually begin a game after all players have entered into the map and the judges have told the players to leave spectator mode.
- If all players are not present and ready at the designated start time, judges will wait no longer than 5 minutes to start the game.
- In the event of a tie-breaker game, the team with the highest cumulative player score will be declared the winners.
Sign-ups will be opening on April 4, pending no bumps in the road. Keep an eye on GuildWars2.com, as we’ll announce the sign-ups here first.
Special thanks to Josh Davis, Blu, Sireph, and Shadowplasm for co-coordinating this with us.