Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    If you holy spec as a pally in WoD the plate will be stam+int. when you change to ret or prot the int changes to str.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhearts/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A ghost of a DH, who fought against other Night Elves, therefore a renegade, who, according to my theory, could very well have 'crossed the line DHs don't want to', which could have been what made him a renegade. Not exactly a worthy example.

  3. #283
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    If you holy spec as a pally in WoD the plate will be stam+int. when you change to ret or prot the int changes to str.
    Its not an itemization issue anymore, that's the point. Now plate-wearers can wear all the plate in the game without worrying about stats.

    However, there's still only 2 classes that wear mail armor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A ghost of a DH, who fought against other Night Elves, therefore a renegade, who, according to my theory, could very well have 'crossed the line DHs don't want to', which could have been what made him a renegade. Not exactly a worthy example.
    Nothing worse than a goalie that moves the goalposts.....

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nothing worse than a goalie that moves the goalposts.....
    Hey, don't accuse the goalie of moving the goal posts if your ball hits the post and bounces out of the field.

  5. #285
    i still cant believe people waste so much time doing things like this.

    you can write a 10 page essay about why you think x will be the next class all you want, with pictures its still a guess.

    its not even about the next expansion, wich is in 9 months. its about the xpac after that. so nice pics and all, but no one will remember what u guessed 3 years ago

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    I mean afterall, Blizzard designed weapons and armor exclusively for both Death Knights and Monks. I don't see how this would be any different.
    Yes they did come up with a few class models for dk and monk only, that wasnt like any of the loot table items models and obtained from questing. However they did not come up with any new weapon types. For dks 1hand strength, 2hand str weapons already existed and on loot. For monks 1hand agi weapons, 2hand polearm/staves (same with the int ones) were also in te game. Pretty sure blizz said theydid not want loot to be forone class, otherwise rng and looting would be more of a hassle. This would disrupt the loot table system.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No love for the technician spec Talen?
    No. The idea itself is interesting....but much of the point behind a tech based class would be to explore and expand technology. The class here is simply open which uses tech as a tool. That magic is part of its repertoire simply de-emphasises the tech aspect.

    A tech based class should be just that - a class based upon the use and manipulation of technology. This Artificer isn't.

    EJL

  8. #288
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    Yes they did come up with a few class models for dk and monk only, that wasnt like any of the loot table items models and obtained from questing. However they did not come up with any new weapon types. For dks 1hand strength, 2hand str weapons already existed and on loot. For monks 1hand agi weapons, 2hand polearm/staves (same with the int ones) were also in te game. Pretty sure blizz said theydid not want loot to be forone class, otherwise rng and looting would be more of a hassle. This would disrupt the loot table system.
    Except these wouldn't be loot. They would be like conjured items that you can use as weapons, or in the place of weapons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    i still cant believe people waste so much time doing things like this.

    you can write a 10 page essay about why you think x will be the next class all you want, with pictures its still a guess.

    its not even about the next expansion, wich is in 9 months. its about the xpac after that. so nice pics and all, but no one will remember what u guessed 3 years ago
    No more a waste of time than any other post on this forum.

    Some folks rather sit back and complain about WoW costing money, or how Blizzard lied to them or whatever. I'd rather be creative and talk about potential classes, whether they happen or not. I got the last archetype right, so maybe I can hit twice in a row?

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except these wouldn't be loot. They would be like conjured items that you can use as weapons, or in the place of weapons.
    Using basically the same weapon models from level 1 to level 1xx is not terrible design, but also a waste of design resources, and something that will turn away some people from playing such a class. A player class needs to use weapons already in the game. No class escapes that.

  10. #290
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Using basically the same weapon models from level 1 to level 1xx is not terrible design, but also a waste of design resources, and something that will turn away some people from playing such a class. A player class needs to use weapons already in the game. No class escapes that.
    Did you miss the concept post where it said they could also use 2h weapons?

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Warriors don't have any special abilities other than hitting things with weapon. Paladins do all that, PLUS have the Holy Light to bless, heal and protect them. Again, game balancing aside, Paladins will always beat warriors in equal-skill battles.

    The entire point of warriors is that they are better at weapons than others. Paladins can hit things with swords and axes....but warriors do it better.


    Erm, quote? Citation needed? Where in the lore does it say that Warlocks picked it up 'almost instantly'?

    They "picked it up" in the few months between Illidans death and WotLK.


    You still lost the argument.

    You are making an assumption and speaking for the majority and defending that act based upon your conversations with a few players. He's called you on that. As it is...your point is valid. Few warriors would use it for the damage. The real reason warriors don't complain about Warlocks having it is because it was never a unique or iconic tool. Druids and other had similar gap closing tools. In addition, both came in at the same time and the warlock version replaced an existing similar tool.


    It is difficult to see warriors having any reasonable grounds to cry "Foul" over this.


    They DID, however, cry "Foul" over the treatment given to the more unique, more iconic Mortal Strike.


    No non-illidari DHs have metamorphosis.

    Telarius. Illidan in WoE. I seem to recall Loramus having the ability. And somehow I doubt Illidan shared the Skull of Guldan with the Illidari so I'm not sure why they don't count.


    want a good example why? Go to Icecrown, in Northrend, the Argent Vanguard zone and listen to the conversation between Tirion and Darion. Replace Tirion with DHs and Darion with Warlocks and you have a perfect explanation. It's a line they do not want to cross.

    Great example. Pity that's referring to Death Knights. If you have any proof the same reasoning applies to Demon Hunters present it.


    And you can't...because there isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    If you holy spec as a pally in WoD the plate will be stam+int. when you change to ret or prot the int changes to str.

    Yes...and it renders your entire point about spellplate null and void.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A ghost of a DH, who fought against other Night Elves, therefore a renegade, who, according to my theory, could very well have 'crossed the line DHs don't want to', which could have been what made him a renegade. Not exactly a worthy example.

    He's an example of a non-Illidari DH that has Meta. Your "Theories" and "assumptions" and "exceptions " and "special cases" and "one-offs" aside, he fits your criteria.


    EJL

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The entire point of warriors is that they are better at weapons than others. Paladins can hit things with swords and axes....but warriors do it better.
    And he can hit as hard as he wants. In the end it'll mean nothing to a warrior that can shield himself completely from harm AND heal his own wounds?

    They "picked it up" in the few months between Illidans death and WotLK.
    RL time =/= Game time. Expansions don't happen as soon after the other. There are times of 'peace' between expansions. Years, usually.

    Great example. Pity that's referring to Death Knights. If you have any proof the same reasoning applies to Demon Hunters present it.
    Of course they're talking about Death Knights. It's their expansion. But it can easily be used for Demon Hunters. They can probably consider taking the form of a demon going 'too far'. But that doesn't make them weaker, just like a warrior isn't weaker than a paladin.

    He's an example of a non-Illidari DH that has Meta. Your "Theories" and "assumptions" and "exceptions " and "special cases" and "one-offs" aside, he fits your criteria.
    He's a renegade who fought against his own people. I'd consider him well within my theory. A renegade who went too far over the 'line'.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    RL time =/= Game time. Expansions don't happen as soon after the other. There are times of 'peace' between expansions. Years, usually.
    "Years"...according to Blizzard...usually being one.

    Of course they're talking about Death Knights. It's their expansion. But it can easily be used for Demon Hunters.
    It could. But that it is is only your opinion of something that could potentially happen. You are making a point based on pure speculation with not even the barest whisper of evidence to support it. That just about every single DH in game DOES have Meta suggests strongly that your theory of what could be is wrong.

    He's a renegade who fought against his own people. I'd consider him well within my theory. A renegade who went too far over the 'line'.
    He's a renegade who was slain by Maeve for some reason. We don't know why and your assumption that it was because he was attacking his own people remains an assumption. Demon Hunters are shunned by the NElfs and he may simply have had the misfortune to meet her on a bad day.

    Your assumptions can be entertaining but they remain speculative at best.

    EJL

  14. #294
    Stood in the Fire ApeDosMil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    5. Dual Wielding Guns!!!

    Yes you heard me right; The ability to Dual Wield crossbows or guns. But how would that be possible? Simple, by using the technology angle, and the classic abilities of the Artificer into a feature that allows you to take a weapon and modify it for your specialization. I call it Tinker. Here's a description;
    I like your post and I really want this class to exist, but ^this^ doesn't make sense. Sure, dual wield guns/crossbows would, but why would we need to modify the weapons themselves? Why wouldn't it just go the Fury Warrior route and just allow you to equip two handed guns/crossbows in one hand? Simple solution, and no need to run off and tinker your new weapons so you can use them.

    Again, love the idea. I've always wanted the tinker class in WoW and you've managed to make it more feasible than I could imagine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •