10+ Year Old Account

Started again, need a goal.

Leveled a warrior to 80 on release and stopped playing fairly quickly due to other games that came out and i lost interest. I'm still happy with my warrior, i want to level another character but i've tried them over the past 4 days and couldn't get into another class as much as i did with warrior.

So that leaves me my level 80 warrior, i have 30 gold and my gear is kinda crap. I have a nice gs and axe/mace but in terms of armour it's not the best. I also have around 90k karma.

This is where things get complicated, i have no clue what to do, i leveled armoursmith to max level, and i keep doing these clockwork world invasion event things but i have no idea why i'm doing them, is it for gear or something? As i've had like 50 chests and a crap load of drops and not seen one single decent item.

I liked the idea of going for the GS legendary but after a quick glance at the materials i have no idea how i'd ever afford any of the things.

Should i just go for world completion atm or something? I've completed my Personal story etc as well.

I've tried looking online for stuff to do, i saw people saying get a set of dungeon gear but i've not seen any groups farming since i came back (I'm on desolation EU, it's a very popular realm) so i don't know.

As for WvW/PvP it doesn't interest me.

Deleted
    http://gw2lfg.com/ and http://gw2lfg.net/ are great for finding groups. Joining a decent guild is a much better way to do it though since you avoid the drama of pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to consider joining a PvE guild.

Here's an endgame gearing guide (also, Dulfy's site is the best for figuring out what the latest content is all about if you need some direction beyond the achievement tab in your Hero Panel)
    http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

You can get exotic gear from a myriad of ways:
    * Dungeons (use gw2lfg.com to find groups until they release the improved ingame LFG)
    * Honor badges (run jump puzzles in WvW or the game starts throwing them at you as you unlock achievement chests)
    * Karma (exotic gear from Temple vendors)
    * Crafting (sometimes cheaper to buy from the trading post)
    * Map completion (upper level zones reward 2 exotics each)
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick informative posts!
    I'll look into joining a pve guild, didn't actually think of that lol.

Is it worth saving karma for the legendary stuff or just not bother and spend it on exotic gear?
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-08-27 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend the karma as you need to. If you're doing the daily and monthly you'll make at least 5x over what you need for a legendary by the time you get the rest of the items.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Every temple is contested :@ Has been last 4 days too, is everyone just focusing on this clockwork thing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Every temple is contested :@ Has been last 4 days too, is everyone just focusing on this clockwork thing or something?
    Yeah pretty much. You can go to this site http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html and check the availability of the temples on each server, find the temple you are looking for and guest on a server that has it open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah pretty much. You can go to this site http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html and check the availability of the temples on each server, find the temple you are looking for and guest on a server that has it open.
    Oh wow awesome, thanks!

I just looked, the temple sets don't have a berserking set do they? From what i can tell this is the best set i should go for.

I just looked, the temple sets don't have a berserking set do they? From what i can tell this is the best set i should go for.
    no temple set has the berserker stat combo. You'll have to buy or make the set by crafting, run CoF a bunch of times for that set, or purchase it with tokens from WvW

One other thing you can try is fractals. I really enjoyed them although I didn't do too much because of time availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent 25g (probably unwise but meh) on upgrades, got 2 x ruby orichalcum rings, 1 x ruby orichalcum neck and 1 earring, and a exotic zerker chest and feet.

Think i'll try and look for a guild for CoF runs and try out some wvw again i guess.

You would've been better off not getting any earrings (or just rare ones) and full exo jewels for the rest while you saved your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol woot, got my birthday preseents the other day on 3 chars, and for somereason just got them all again, that's all my character slots at level 20 now ;D

Lol woot, got my birthday preseents the other day on 3 chars, and for somereason just got them all again, that's all my character slots at level 20 now ;D
    Hopefully that means my elementalist will get his birthday present when I log in today, since he's my oldest character on my account and I've gotten the birthday present on another character already...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Hopefully that means my elementalist will get his birthday present when I log in today, since he's my oldest character on my account and I've gotten the birthday present on another character already...
    They changed the /age command a few hours ago to show the character's age in days rather than months, so you can check the exact age to be sure of it. I swore blind my warrior should have had her gift by now but she's only 349 days. I must have remade it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    They changed the /age command a few hours ago to show the character's age in days rather than months, so you can check the exact age to be sure of it. I swore blind my warrior should have had her gift by now but she's only 349 days. I must have remade it at some point.
    Oh, I know the exact age of my elementalist (made at 12:02 on 8/25/12, never remade) - the patch that made that change also gave my ele the bday present (and re-gave my ranger the present).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I find I'm constantly changing my goals and have a hard time staying consistent to one thing. I finished one character with map exploration, and now I just hop from one goal to another in this... MMO ADD. LS updates settle me down and I focus on those, then I kinda just go random for a bit. Anyone else go through that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy necro, batman!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this particular thread needed a necro. It's unlikely that the OP is still seeking advice 7 months later.