Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Good, I'm fucking tired of healers being able to instant-cast constantly. Druids especially - they can DIAF while in treant form.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Good, I'm fucking tired of healers being able to instant-cast constantly. Druids especially - they can DIAF while in treant form.
    Unfortunately the proposed Druid changes do little to actually change this as only Wild Growth is getting a cast time, a spell which never made or broke an arena or rbg.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    While I support triage healing as a long time healer, instant cast heals are not half as annoying as melee snares. Some mindless garbage right there. Hopefully by reducing healer mobility, they also reduce snares and roots by an equal proportion.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I actually started down-ranking Holy Light during Gruul's lair because the bastard hit so hard. By the time we got to tier 6 and SWP I rarely ever remember casting flash.
    Oh yes, I started using it much earlier too, but by SWP it just became the way to go. Ironically enough, it made an SSC libram finally useful XDD

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Well, I remember lots of times Blizzard tried to make healing more complex game than just mindless spamming smarts. Too bad their decisions always turn into two paradigmas: 1. Your healing spells should be so expensive on mana that you'll have to struggle to keep your party at 15-20%, not more; and 2. Holy priests are unplayable due to way more expensive manacosts. Since I play Holy priest, I don't believe in Blizzard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I hated healing at the start of Cataclysm when mana was scarce and health pools were outrageous, so all this talk of going back to similar system is making me kind of nervous. I prefer healing to be more of a quick-reaction thing than a careful decision-making thing. I don't want to go back to the ICC days of literally not being able to go oom even if you tried, but I'd rather not go oom halfway into a fight because someone didn't move out of the fire fast enough.
    But the health pools weren't outrageous, abilities would still hit for like 70% of a DPS' hit pool and tanks would take huge whacks. Remember that they're scaling down boss damage as well as healing, so instead of unavoidable aoe hitting for 80% of the group's health and you shoot out a heal for 80% of their health, both numbers will be lower. You won't always be able to top everyone but not being topped will no longer mean you're in danger of dying in seconds. That's what they mean by less stress - today if everyone isn't at 100% you shit yourself because damage is so high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    While I support triage healing as a long time healer, instant cast heals are not half as annoying as melee snares. Some mindless garbage right there. Hopefully by reducing healer mobility, they also reduce snares and roots by an equal proportion.
    They could remove them and reduce all movement in PVP by 50% baseline lol.

Even with snares, try hitting something in PVP as melee with 200ms. Yay oceanic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, I remember lots of times Blizzard tried to make healing more complex game than just mindless spamming smarts. Too bad their decisions always turn into two paradigmas: 1. Your healing spells should be so expensive on mana that you'll have to struggle to keep your party at 15-20%, not more; and 2. Holy priests are unplayable due to way more expensive manacosts. Since I play Holy priest, I don't believe in Blizzard anymore.
    Yeah Holy always feels like you're OOMing your balls off. That's Holy for you. Doesn't help that you can swap to Disc and be like "Mana? What's that?".

I think they were successful in some ways with triage healing in the past. There were two problems with it, one is that using mana as the throttle was kind of frustrating, the other is that they paired difficult healing with the stress of massive incoming damage so it really felt punishing. Looks like they're changing that paradigm this time around, might work.