Deleted

Really Struggling to find 'The' Class

Hello,

this has most likely been bought up before, but here we go....

I started playing WoW towards the end of Wrath, i really enjoyed back then playing Rogue don't know what it was but something kept me playing.

Towards the End of Wrath i was playing a mage and during ICC it was real fun and did enjoy raiding, at the start of Cata i decided to take a break from the game when i came back i took up Holy paladin, then a warlock and then a Prot Warrior, now in mists i don't have as much time as i hope to raid with a proper raiding guild which i was always use to, and to be honest kept me playing the game, now i have some more time again to raid i want to be able to pick a class that i can stick with and no give up on after a week switching between characters, so my question to all you Wow players out there i want to know how you chose your class and maybe enlighten me on some tips.

Thanks

Mod-note: Locked the thread, sadly others are right, "Help me choose my class" doesn't generally create a good base for a discussion, though you are welcome to ask about classes, or read about them within our class forums sections. There are quite many able to give some good answers.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-22 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is probably going to get closed...

- - - Updated - - -

They don't allow "help me choose my class" threads.

He's not asking us to tell him what he should pick, he asked how we chose our mains to perhaps give him some insight. It's completely different.

OT: I've been a resto druid since very early BC. I wanted a hybrid class, and at the time I really really liked the idea of a night elf druid. They're so elusive and they can simply shift and fly away, or tank up a bunch of damage as a menacing bear or deal a bunch of damage as a kitty cat or an owl or heal a bunch of damage as a dried up ugly ass tree that I always hated being in form for :[

I'm still a resto druid even though I have played every class at max level. There's just something about druids that keeps me playing. Maybe it's the fact that druids have a large part in a lot of the lore, especially in Cataclysm. It was pretty cool to learn about Fandral and everyone else involved. Give it a try, imo. They can perform any role and druids are almost always middle high of the pack for most meters (except bears, they fluctuate) if that's what you're interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Never had a main. I have a severe case of Altitis.

Every time I think I've settled on a main, I play it for a few months and end up switching to another character for some time. And to be perfectly honest, I like it this way.

Deleted
    try Arakkoa or High Elven Tinker, Demon Hunter or Artificer, lol.

I would say Druid because they can fill any role.....but there is sooooooooo many druids ( and paladins ). Warlocks are always strong dps or maybe a frost DK if you want a little complex rotation plus you have a tanking option as well. DK and locks normally have really nice looking tier sets also.

If you are finding yourself constantly swapping toons, then it may be a sign that you need a break. This is always the sign for me that it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Earnyy View Post
    so my question to all you Wow players out there i want to know how you chose your class and maybe enlighten me on some tips.
    For me it's kind of a running theme. I've always liked shounen manga and action movies where the main protagonist (or someone helping him) using their bare hands over weapons and is focused on being physically stronger and having better reaction times and muscle memory to take down opponents as quickly and efficiently as possible. Or just, ya know, hulk smash. In just about every game that has an option, I try to play an unarmed fighter.

My main is a Monk, if it wasn't obvious.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'm an altoholic, but I always main a healer. I was Resto druid, then Disc Priest, then Resto Shaman, then Druid again, then Mistweaver Monk, back to Druid, and I think I'm going to roll a Holy Pally for WoD.
    Call me Cassandra

Deleted
    Thnaks for some insight everyone , i do enjoy healing the most just found it boring when im not raiding but now my timetable is more free i might take up resto druid or holy pala.

I main a druid also, but started as Resto Sham -> Resto Druid -> Resto Sham -> Holy Pally -> Boomkin -> Mage and now I'm at Feral druid and I've never had so much fun! the way they play is so fun, and just when you get the rotation to 100% perfect and start getting the gear, seeing the dps climb so high is so rewarding. Plus.. kitty !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    He's not asking us to tell him what he should pick, he asked how we chose our mains to perhaps give him some insight. It's completely different.
    Class choice topic is a class choice topic, no matter how it's worded.
    We choose classes we like to play. Cancel sub if can't find the one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnyy View Post
    Hello,

this has most likely been bought up before, but here we go....

I started playing WoW towards the end of Wrath, i really enjoyed back then playing Rogue don't know what it was but something kept me playing.

Towards the End of Wrath i was playing a mage and during ICC it was real fun and did enjoy raiding, at the start of Cata i decided to take a break from the game when i came back i took up Holy paladin, then a warlock and then a Prot Warrior, now in mists i don't have as much time as i hope to raid with a proper raiding guild which i was always use to, and to be honest kept me playing the game, now i have some more time again to raid i want to be able to pick a class that i can stick with and no give up on after a week switching between characters, so my question to all you Wow players out there i want to know how you chose your class and maybe enlighten me on some tips.

Thanks
    I'd say wait till wod beta to pick your class. Something specifically might appeal to you.

I like my rogue because of how responsive it feels. Attacks are instant and limited by your resources rather than hard capped based on cooldowns. It just makes a lot more sense to me like that.

I like melee dps, I couldn't get on with range. It didn't feels rewarding to play for me, it wasn't satisfying.

I like death knights for a while, but found it to lack the responsiveness of my rogue, as did a warrior although they were quite fun.

If I had to pick a range I'd say hunter, but I'm driven away by the pet. Fire Mage sounds cool, so does arcane, always wanted one but never bothered to level one.

I'd be more likely to play my monk if it wasn't for the fact that, the possibility of getting a raid tier where my only weapons are fist weapons which you never see, can't do it.